1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What Pokemon Do You Have Memories Tied To?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by DeleteAbsol, Oct 2, 2017.

1. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I like hearing stories from people about how a certain Pokémon was there for them when they felt down or it is their favorite because of a story from their past. Two fit this description for me. One is slaking. When I was younger my uncle had a copy of Emerald and he loved it. On there he had a vigoroth (me being young didn't know the abilities) so I thought I would help him by evolving it. He got so mad at me for that (I of course had also saved the game) and told me to not mess with the games that he already had a save file on. I actually recall telling him that I had meant to just help him which made him calm down a little bit. Absol is my other. I actually saw it for the first time on Pokémon Blue Mystery Dungeon. I liked how it came to your aid out of no where and stuck with you despite how many had turn their back on you. I actually ended up finishing the game with Absol and actually had him on my team just about always. I later looked into the Dex entries for it and I actually felt bad about how it was treated like an outcast even though all it had wanted to do was to help those around it when it sensed a dangerous natural disaster forming or occurring. So what are some Pokémon that you guys have memories tied to, and if its not too personal could you share it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Absol holds a very special place in my heart for similar reasons. It was also around the time I was in middle school when I first saw it on TV. By the way, middle school was the worst years of my life, so Pokémon in general helped me cope with all the negativity and bad vibes I had to go through.

Another is Delcatty. I loved Skitty in the anime, so when I managed to catch one as a first encounter in my very first Nuzlocke challenge, I made it my personal goal to take that Skitty to the top. I even got it to evolve. ...And then it died to a Magneton's critical hit Spark. I was so devastated, but I kept going anyway and managed to complete the Nuzlocke challenge without anymore casualties. Since then, Delcatty is one of my favorite underrated Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    DeleteAbsol likes this.
  3. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    High five once more for absolutely fans.

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  4. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Typhlosion
    It was the first starter both I and my dad got when we started playing Pokémon (ironically on the same cart of Pokémon Silver) and it was the first Pokémon I saw at level 100. Since then the Cyndaquil line reminds me of the time me and dad would sit down every Sunday and talk about how our playthroughs were going. The friendly 'rivalry' we had, although we couldn't really battle each other as I lacked a GB link cable.
    These days dad can't play Pokémon anymore due to severe arthritis, and we don't see each other much at all, but every time I see the little Fire Mouse family I remember the day dad asked me about Pokémon.

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  5. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    In the earlier games, I had a good connection to Poliwrath. It's a very proficient swimmer, something I used to do competitively during high school and summer plus I had been fascinated by the swirl pattern of its family. It was also my best friend's favorite Kanto Pokémon and we'd constantly compare ours to one another to see who's was stronger.

Recent Pokémon that have memories to me are Chandelure, Volcarona, Luxray and Salamence.

FireSpartan5 and DeleteAbsol like this.
  6. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Gyarados has almost always been on one of my playthrough teams throughout the years. It's just always been such a solid Pokémon. I love putting in the effort of training a magikarp and having a tough Gyarados keep my team together.

Another mon I have a lot of memories is Chansey. I spent soooooo many hours in FR/LG looking for one in the safari zone (most of the time in the wrong areas because smol me didn't know where to look) and even when I did find one I would fail to catch it and it would run away. I just remember how accomplished I felt when I finally did end up getting one, so every generation afterwards, I get that same feeling of accomplishment when I catch a Chansey... even if it isn't as hard now as it was back then lol.

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  7. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    This might be kind of a weird one, but Wingull. This is also kind of a creepy story so yay, Halloween.

It was the result of my first Nuzlocke, which I never finished. I caught my Wingull and just thought, "Okay, it's cute and different. I've never had one on my team before." I named her Piyo because I thought that's what Wingull's cry sounded like. After a while I became really attached to her. At the first gym I mistakenly thought that since she was a water type I could use her against the rock type gym, not taking into account that she was a dual flying type. She was killed in one hit by Nosepass. After the gym I released her and immediately after Mr. Briney's Wingull, Peeko, was abducted by a Team Aqua grunt. I had completely forgotten about this part of the game. I kind of got weirdly protective over Peeko since my Wingull died and I rushed to save her. Afterwards Briney thanked me and said I had saved his Wingull's life. Oooh I felt so guilty about my own Wingull! Some time passed and eventually I made it to route 119. I found a house and went inside to find a lady just sort of standing in the far corner of the house, surrounded by Wingull. When I interacted with a Wingull, the text for its cry was actually "Pihyoh". I talked to the lady (I just looked this part up to get the exact quote) and she said "I heard about a cave called the Cave of Origin. People rumor that the spirits of Pokémon are revived there. Could something like that really happen?" I got freaked out at that point and stopped playing. I still miss my Wingull though. T_T

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  8. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Blaziken. My ORAS starter who always came through for me, first to lvl 100, first with full affection, ect. I got very, very attached. I usually would just go blow stuff up when I was bored with Sky Uppercut.
    I'd have to say my original HM slave Bandit is pretty special to me as well. Saved me a whole bunch of times.
    #MissingNo

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  9. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    My Charizard from the first time I played LeafGreen. It basically single-handed took down my game, my brother's FireRed, my Ruby, and my brother's Sapphire. It was the first Pokémon we got to level 100 and is still with me today.

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  10. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    Butterfree was just so cute and though its move set, was adjusted over the years.
    I still remember the first caterpie I saw on Pokémon blue. (which made me smile)

I used my mate butterfree in Sun and Moon, to great effect!
    Well in the adorable department anyways heh

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  11. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    My vappy (vaporeon) is the one.
    It was the first eevee I caught on LV and I remember that when I caught it, I was jumping in joy! I also remember the days when I posted like a crazy person here and there in several forums so that I can evolve my eevee...
    Ah, my Vappy~ it also won my first ever battle for me! I'm proud of my Vaporeon. ^-^

12. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Treecko was the first starter I ever had, s it will always be my favorite Pokémon. Deoxys is also special because it was the first time I had ever seen an alien Pokémon, so it really left a lasting impression on me. Finally, Nidorino was actually THE first Pokémon I was introduced to, in the form of a keychain I got from my cousin. And that's how I found out about Pokémon in the first place.

13. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    A number of Pokémon do I have memories tied to. In the first generation, my memories are tied primarily to Squirtle, as Blastoise was the picture on Pokémon Blue ver. so I chose Squirtle as my starter (though it was on a friend's cartridge, so I couldn't save). I remember Viridian Forest the best; crawling through those grasses in the middle of the night at summer camp, using a flashlight to be able to see the screen, creates quite the vivid memory.

In the second generation, it would definitely be Cyndaquil and Togepi - Cyndi because she was my starter in Silver (yeah, I nicknamed her) and Togepi because of both the anime and the fact that it was the first egg I ever hatched. Toughest Pokémon I ever tried to raise (and I actively raised a Delibird), but it was just so cute I couldn't help it. ^_^ Thing is, my memories are more tied to places than Pokémon, so I remember my first time visiting Mr. Pokémon, traveling through the Union Cave and Ilex Forest (and being completely baffled by that random shrine in the middle of the bloody place, something I never got to satiate my curiosity about until SoulSilver), and the Whirl Islands. Then again, there's no forgetting Whitney's Miltank... :sweat:

My fondest memory, though, comes from XD : Gale of Darkness. I actually hadn't known about Colosseum, and there wasn't a copy available so I grabbed XD. Seeing Shadow Lugia on the cover really stuck out to me, because while I had never seen Lugia's shiny-forme I knew there was something really wrong about it. And HOOOOOOO-boy was I ever right... x_x

14. UltraHusk

UltraHusk School Kid

Cubone
    (Cubone)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽26.8
    oshawott was the very first starter i picked and i remember, everytime a reset my Pokémon white and tried a different starter, i kept going back to oshawott because it was just SO CUTE. i even traded it for an excadrill, but got it back because it was too special to me. Sadly the cartdridge broke and now ive lost all my data on it :(
    Then ORAS came out and i chose torchic as my starter. it looked cute at first when i chose it, and then it evolved into blaziken WITH a mega evolution and i couldnt let go of it. It also turned out to be the final Pokémon to beat the champian's mega metagross.

They both still hold a place in my heart :D

15. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Ninetales is one. It is the first ever Fire Type I ever raised when I was still just a wee tyke messing around with things I didn't understand. But it was so strong and it helped me out so much, I have always tried to get a vulpix in the games that came after it, because it was just too good to pass up, even after it slowly slid down in the rankings.

Another is Metagross. This beast of mine is the sole reason I won an AS Nuzlocke and I have loved it ever since. Pretty thing.

16. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Too many, way too many. I've been playing since Red and Blue got released.

But a few would be Charmander, it was my first ever starter lol what can I say? Raikou, I was the first in my friend circle to actually find and catch this thing and I love its design and used it a lot in Gen 2. Skarmory is another one, I spend a long time searching for this one in Gen 2 and I used it when I was a gym leader in the LV league so I have many fond memories of me annoying people with it.

17. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Rotom would be mine, it was one the first Pokémon I caught, and it was shiny. Overall, it was a great moment in my Pokémon history, I still have him to this day, my friend was kind enough to let me have it after I caught it in his game.

18. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    It's gotta be Luxray for me.

When I was eight or nine (it was definitely in 2010 though), my mother bought me my very first Pokémon game, Pokémon Pearl. Me and my sister would sit down and play it for hours, and very early into the experience I caught a Shinx and named her FLASH (yes, all in caps. Little me could not bother to find the lowercase letters). From there, FLASH replaced my starter and became my only overleveled Pokémon that swept everything, even Cynthia because Hippodown isn't with her in DP I believe. The same year, I got SoulSilver for Christmas and transferred her to Johto to help me there. In Johto, she became the first Pokémon I had raised to level 100, and she recently returned back to Sinnoh almost five years after leaving for Johto.

Another Pokémon, albeit minor, would be Treecko. I picked Treecko as my starter in AS and that playthough pretty much kicked off my fanfiction "career" so to speak.

19. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Charizard because it was my first starter, jigglypuff because it was my first favorite Pokémon, dratini because it was my trophy Pokémon in the safari zone, and missing no. because it was my first in game glitch ever. Those were my biggest gen one memories.

20. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Probably Sandile.

I know what you're thinking: "Sandile? Are you serious?" But Sandile was the first Pokémon card I ever got, because I was about 7 or something and I was at McDonalds, and Sandile came with the meal, and it was my first Pokémon card I ever got.