1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What Pokemon do you have trouble evolving?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by ShinigamiMiroku, Oct 30, 2017.

1. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Title says it all. For me, a number of Pokémon are difficult for me to evolve, including:

• Teddiursa, due to both cuteness and Pickup
    • Meowth, due to both of the above as well as TR!Meowth "DAAAAAT'S RIGHT!!!"
    • Psyduck (admit it, you love that blank derpy expression)
    • Pichu (IT'S SO CUTE!!!)
    • Smoochum (really, do you WANT a Celtic yuki-onna staring back at you?)
    • Scyther (despite the type-disadvantage I actually prefer Scyther's aesthetics and statistics over Scizor's)
    • Eevee (not only is it super-cute, but I can never decide what I want it to evolve into)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Well, since I basically avoid any Pokémon that evolves by trading, the only one I've ever caught that I had trouble evolving was Dragonair. Well, that and Pancham. When I found out how to evolve that one, I seriously couldn't believe it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  3. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Pretty much any Pokémon that takes forever to level up. Dragonair, Larvesta, Deino... I still have yet to fully evolve them.

4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    One that infuriated me was the Feebas to Milotic. Feebas in RSE were already hard enough to find and it’s an even bigger headache to max out its Beauty. Had at least a dozen in Emerald where they refused to eat any more.

Thank goodness with all the haircut brothers in Goldenrod

Another one is the Inkay to Malamar. Couldn’t figure out for the life of me on how to figure it out. Course I had to look it up and it was stupidly simple yet I never would have thought of it

5. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hydriegon was the hardest for me to evolve (Level 64, wth). But it was so worth it in the end to utterly demolish Ghetsis with his own overpowered Pokémon.

BraviaryScout likes this.
  6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    any Pokémon that has to evolve with high happiness/friendship. i always end up giving up.

7. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Oh yeah, I had forgotten about Milotic... they ended up needing these super-rare Berries that took forever to grow and only gave 2 berries if you watered it every time (I think it was 24 hours, for a 96-hour cycle from planting to harvesting). That was one of the few Pokémon I had to forego evolving... took less time to train the Pokémon that take a lot of EXP to level up.

8. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    Any Pokémon that evolves by being traded while holding an item. Trading without needing a hold item just needs a quick visit to the GTS. Most notable one is Porygon where the process needs to be done twice.

9. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Anything with friendship was a nightmare. If this was a movie, we'd cut to a montage of me laying on my bed with one of those stupid friendship-evolution Pokémon with the Soothe Bell at the front of my party, pedaling up and down the Cycling Road. Now, there's a shot of me on my back, hanging partially off the bed, looking a bit tired. Now cut to a scene of my exhausted, drained dead body lying limp on the floor, still pedaling.
    Like, I am not 'better friends' with the Pokémon afterwards. I'm ready to throw it into hell.
    #MissingNo

10. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Inkay.

I had no idea you had FLIP THE DS UPSIDE DOWN to do it...
    I actually gave up in Y when I tried to evolve it.

11. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I've never understood this. Yeah, it's was a bit more difficult before the Friendship/Luxury Balls existed, but even then if you know the various ways to raise happiness it really doesn't take much to do it. For instance, in my current playthrough of Sun, I caught a Pichu without a Luxury Ball and had to raise its happiness the normal ways - items, winning battles, walking (didn't have the Soothe Bell either), and the Sweet Malasada (I only fed it that twice). I still had it evolved a bit before I faced off against Hala.

... wut. o.O

12. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Dunsparce

Nah I struggle with all the trade evo's, until recently I haven't had people to trade with in order to get the evo's. Now I just can't get the items I need xD

13. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It's probably just Feebas for me. If I ever get a baby Pokémon, I tend to not evolve them and instead just use them in contests/contest equivalents. I always keep an Eevee around too. I just love Eevee.

14. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Trade Item evolutions. I hate these Pokémon with a passion, seeing as I never had anyone to trade with, until I got my own second system.

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    This, especially after my brother stopped playing and pokémon in general stopped being popular, there was no one to trade with which made me lose out on Kingdra for the longest time back in Gold and Silver. Thank fully my still functional but very worn systems now makes it possible for me to get those annoying trade evolutions.

16. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Also, you can now trade with your adorable friend, the Lady of the Floof. ;)

17. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    That too, which can be a win-win if both needs stuff evolved. :thumbsup:

18. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Any friendship Pokémon is hard to level up. As much as I love Sylveon, I have never evolved one because it is so hard to get that friendship up there

19. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I found my Deino in Pokémon White was hard to evolve. Took forever and I almost gave up. Luckily I didn't and I ended up getting my Hydreigon.
    Evolving my Feebas into a Milotic was quite frustrating in UM as well. Due to some hiccups along the way, I think I had to trade it between my sister and I about 5 times. Took about half an hour just to evolve it. Haha

20. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Any trade evolution. I have no friends :(