1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What Pokemon do you have trouble evolving?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by ShinigamiMiroku, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    To be fair with Scyther, its base stats and speed are still a good reason to keep it like that.

Personally I think trades and babies that need friendship and aren't strong kinda break the novelty when meeting the mechanics.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Crams Friendship-raising Berries in Eevee's mouth

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE MEEEEEEE T_T:furious:T_T:furious:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    This when leveling my Budew.

4. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
  5. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I have trouble with Pokémon with trade evolutions, trade evolutions with certain items, and Pokémon that evolve in certain conditions (Friendship, time, etc.) I hate it when they do that...

6. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
  7. U44151

U44151 Sailor

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.0
    pretty much all the ones that evolve by trade like since I play on the emulator

8. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Training a Larvitar all the way to become a Tyranitar is just brutal. Like, at least Dragonair is a decent Pokémon that you can have patience with, but Pupitar is basically another version of Metapod except it can actually use stuff other than Harden but it doesn't matter because Pupitar easily dies anyways which makes it a huge pain to level grind to level 55. @__@

Also trade evolutions. It's a real pain to find someone to trade with if you don't have friends that play Pokémon much.

9. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    The Deino and Larvesta lines for the sheer amount of grinding you have to do. Also, Porygons are a pain to get farming those upgrades and discs, but Mantine surf makes things easier I guess.

10. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Also can I mention that, on the topic of trade evolutions, special mention to the Porygon line for being one of the most difficult to evolve Pokémon ever because finding the items to evolve it is just not easy. .-.

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Inkay.
    IT’S TOO DARN CUTE OKAY?!

12. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    oh god uhh
    Chespin, Wartortle, Floette, Skiddo, Bunnelby come to mind. They're mons I adore and would love to use on my team if I didn't have to evolve them.

And yeah....friendship evos are tough and are always the ones I never look forward to evolving, especially if they're Pokémon I want to have on my story team. Takes forever in older games without Protein/Carbos/etc spam. =s

13. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I find any Pokémon that evolves through trading to be pretty much impossible. In order to do so I'd need to find someone else that I can trust to trade it to and then trade it back to me. I can (and do) get them from the GTS, but it's not the same as being able to use a Pokémon that I trained myself.

14. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Pokémon that need a specific time frame to get have always been rough for me

15. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Pokémon that evolve with specific trade items were always hard for me because you only get like one of those items in-game. It's so rare, it's hard to give up because you never know what Pokémon would be the best with those items.

16. Random Person

Genesect
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽146.3
    Pokémon that need a specific item

17. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I would say Scyther, Scizor is cool and all but I prefer Scyther over it so I often don't evolve it when using one.