1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What returning features for gen 8?

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by RadEmpoleon, Dec 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Title. Are there any features in older Pokémon games you want back?

This one I would assume they would this trend, but character customization. There is just something I find so satisfying about picking outfits in the games, despite me hating fashion irl. It makes your character unique. And also hairstyles goes with this too. I like the hairstyles.

A popular choice, but having your Pokémon follow you. It was one of the best features in HGSS. Also it’s in Lets Go, which means they are capable of doing it again. (Of course there would be over 800 Pokémon to do this for, though)

One I’m dying for them to bring back, the PWT. It was such a good concept and honestly it worked so well. For the longest time, all I did in White 2 was play in the PWT and I’ve grown to love it. It would be even bigger and better, now that we’ve passed through 2 generations, and we can include the Kalos gym leaders and the trial captains. And also Diantha and Hau to the Champions tournament, and maybe even an E4 tournament.

The last one I want to share is the friend safari. I think it was one of the best things to come out of X and Y. Since the switch also has a friend code system, the friend safari could work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    Bring back Gyms and Badges, please? I applaud them for trying something new with the Island Trials, but a lot of them were too hard, repetitive, and confusing.

Also bring back alternate career paths besides trainer--with the jump to a big console, you could easily bring back Contests and possibly something brand new.

Join Avenue (or something like it) would be cool to see again as well--you could expand it so that past Gym Leaders/trial captains from all generations could visit it

Build on the Pokémon Musicals to actually be something fun, inside of dress your Pokémon up and then sit and watch then dance for five minutes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Is there Pokémon walking with you (and Feraligatr) ?!??!?!?!!

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Pokémon in the overworld.

Also, Shadow Pokémon plot.

5. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    All of them. I'm actually fed up with GF cutting corners with Pokémon titles; there is absolutely no reason why things have to be "unique" to certain generations. Put everything in these games and make them better than everything that has come before. Give us following Pokémon, day and night, seasons, character customisation; all of it. The Switch is substantially more powerful hardware so the only reason not to do this is pure laziness.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.