1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What scares you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Achromatic, Mar 26, 2017.

1. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I take it FNaF isn't a fun game for you. :sweat:

Can't blame you; I can watch other people play, but trying to do so myself gives me serious anxiety... x_x

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sethal likes this.
  2. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I actually scared of the height in a strange way. People with Acrophobia is scared when they look at the ground from a high place, but my version of Acrophobia is when I look at the ground from a high place that makes me feel unsafe. If I was boxed in and look at the ground 100 meters off the ground, I am fine. But when the walls are changed into something that can be easily climbed over, I am scared. This may not be even considered as a phobia as this is very specific, but I think it is interesting to share.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    PoserPanda likes this.
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I'm terrified of spiders. I can't even bring myself to get close enough to one to squish it, vacuum it up, or take it outside. I always have to get one of my siblings to deal with it for me.

I'm also afraid of elevators. I can handle being in one, but I'm stiff and uncomfortable the whole time. I blame the Tower of Terror movie. Love the movie, but it has me paranoid that any elevator I step into will crash and fall to the ground. Hopefully I never end up in an elevator that breaks down while I'm in it. I would definitely freak out.

PoserPanda likes this.
  4. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Proper fear? Its a bit odd but ... Empty voids? It's my best description honestly. Like the fear of drifting off into space uncontrolled. I also get a sinking feeling in my gut when I see things like black holes, deep abysses etc. Especially in video games (fun fact: Both the drop off in the ocean and the sky when you are dead in WoW give me this effect).

PoserPanda likes this.
  5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! I'm afraid of bees and wasps. When ever I hear them buzzing I freak out.

6. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Heights, going to fast to a point I can't control, Physical Confrontation basic stuff, but i'm fine with other stuff like blood and needles. Hell when my arm was broken I fucking stared at it kinda fascinated.

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Gauges that people put in their ears make me extremely uncomfortable, especially the big ones. Excuse me, but I don’t want to be able to see an enormous hole through your earlobe. And then when people take them out, there’s still a gap in their earlobe and just thinking about it is making me squirm...

I’m also a chicken when it comes to roller coasters. I especially don’t like the twisty ones that do lots of loopdeloops, or the ones that go really fast. I don’t like the feeling of my insides lurching around.

PoserPanda likes this.
  8. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Super Mario Galaxy + Beach Bowl Galaxy + Giant Eel = Childhood trauma that still lives on in your 20s and the primary reason that you haven't finished Galaxy 1 or 2. I don't even understand it because I'm perfectly fine with the eels in Mario Odyssey (though it did take some very mild willpower to go through those levels first time around) and they're much more scary looking.

PoserPanda likes this.
  9. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    My biggest fear is the fact that one day, even if I won't live to see it, everything in our universe will die out. And there's nothing I can do about it.

PoserPanda likes this.
  10. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Loud or sudden noises while there is background noise already filling my ears. For example, if someone tried to get my attention while the dishwasher was running. That would spook me immediately. Or if I'm vacuuming, and my husband tries to walk past me, I'm already freaked out.

I'm also afraid of the dark, and I do mean any amount of darkness. I clean a building that has brightly lit hallways, see-through doors which show the pleasant landscape in the morning sun, and even more light switches that I can turn on. But If I pass any of the darkened rooms, or even a closed door with or without a light on inside of it, then I'm afraid. Dark hallway with closed and locked doors on either side, and a very bright window or doorway? Afraid. I'm constantly looking back over my shoulder to see if anyone is there. Even though every single door is locked and I am the only one with a key. It doesn't help that all the fans in the building blow air really loudly, because if someone walks by them then the air makes a slightly different sound because of how the air is passing around their body. That is spooky as well! My boss also has a key, so he thankfully checks up on me every couple of hours. I just wish he would stay with me, because even the thought that he might be nearby makes me scared that I might not hear him if he walks over to me. He's a really nice guy, but I'm just paranoid all the time, I guess. And my imagination is wack.

I am nearly thirty! Help! I should not be this scared...

I am super grateful that this website saves a draft of your work while you type. I accidentally hit the HELP button instead of the ITALIC button and I thought I had lost all the words I had typed. Phew!:sweat:

11. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’ve always had really bad ichthyophobia, or the fear of fish. Whether alive or dead I squirm at the thought of touching one. You couldn’t make me swim in a lake or ocean if you tried.

The Eccentric Axolotl likes this.
  12. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Heights, tight places, cockroaches, things that crawl ew ew EW!! And here's a deep one; being born, living and basically spending my whole life in the same place when the world is so freaking huge. Scares me.
    Also, I believe in eternal life so being damned to hell is absolutely and totally horrifying.

PoserPanda likes this.
  13. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Well, here's another thing/situation that scares me, which is also the one thing I hate people do the most. When I was working/playing, basically doing anything that takes all my concentration(ie I am concentrated on doing something), if someone suddenly touches me or calls me with loud noise, I will be scared. And that's about it. I don't really have many things that I scare of. To give some example, I didn't flinch for the whole uncensored BGA of Mopemope or Marenol.

SAF likes this.
  14. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Don't let Achromatic hear you say that

15. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    what fears me? What 2021 has to offer for us. because last year was enough

16. aZL

aZL Youngster

Jovius
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38.4
    if we're talking phobias, it'd be flying roaches, heights, and the deep ocean

if we're talking life stuff, it'd be flying roaches, sudden death, and full on bankruptcy

17. Skdebop

Arcoos
    (Arceus)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.5
    dying

18. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    My 2 biggest fears are the way the world is turning out and the very large possibility that nothing I do will change this direction.