1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What Video Game Crossovers Would You Like To See?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by sohrob101, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    We have them, going as far as Mario and Sonic, Pokémon Nobunaga ambition, Street Fighter X Tekken, Marvel vs Capcom, Hyrule Warriors, and so forth. These crossovers tend to have 3 functions that I want to make obvious here. The first one is Fanservice. Some Crossovers were only made as a way to cash in on the fans, while still giving the fans what they (sort of) wanted. Then you have the dedicated Crossovers, with a huge story and new theories popping up from every corner, making the entire game a blast. Then we have the "An existing IP, but with running on this other games engine/gameplay/style" Crossover. You can kind of pinpoint each one with your favorite Crossover titles.

So what is your favorite Crossover Video Game? Do you even like Crossovers in Video Games? Do you think that there should be more Crossovers? If so what Crossover (that hasn't been done yet) would you like to see in Video Games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I can't think of any crossover games I've played and/or enjoyed, other than Fighting based games like the very obvious Smash Bros series, which will always probably be my favorite all-time crossover. Soul Calibur isn't bad, either. A TLoZ and Fire Emblem crossover would be pretty neat. I'm not very familiar with FE, but it'd be epic to see regardless.

3. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    First of, crossovers I'd like to see, I agree with Nator. FE and LoZ would be an awesome crossover, and it would be hilarious if the next Warriors Orochi (if there is one) or Hyrule Warriors (If there is one) had crossover characters from the other (Like Nobunaga in Hyrule Warriors or Link in Warriors Orochi).

My opinion on crossovers, I like them. Whether they are crossovers via a reference to something else (like Asura's Wrath Ryu DLC) or games that crossover mechanics from one game and skin it with another (Hyrule Warriors), I find them enjoyable. I think that the main benefit of crossovers is to lure fans of one series in the crossover into the other (the only reason I play Warriors Orochi is because of Pokémon Conquest). Crossovers are great, and I am looking forward so much to SMT X FE.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Well, we all know that the ultimate crossover is Kingdom Hearts and I enjoy that game quite a bit. However, for future crossovers, I think that it would be really cool to have Fire Emblem crossed over again in the future. They have a crossover coming soon, but I want a different one in the future. Maybe with LoZ like you guys said.

5. Minedreigon

Minedreigon Mastermind

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Pokémon Conquest was absolutely wicked. I was always a fan of RPGs/JRPGs but this game got me into strategy RPGs, leading me to eventually get into the far more complex Fire Emblem. For it's simplicity, Conquest's after game mission can be quite difficult and offer a lot of post game content. I'm a big fan.

6. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Agreeing 100% with this, Conquest was absolutely sick.

But the one crossover that, if it was made, would unanimously win Game Of The Year it would hands down, no doubt about it, Final Fantasy x Fire Emblem.

7. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    My favorite crossover is Tales of Radiant Mythology, but I love Marvel Vs. Capcom as well~ Tales of Radiant Mythology has all of my favorite characters, so I'm not really lost when they do skits and such!

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I find crossovers to be generally poor. You are taking various parts of different franchises and trying to mesh them together into a single game. Undoubtely, both franchises are going to suffer as a result of it, or one is going to overshadow the other.

The only crossover I have ever truly enjoyed was Dissidia, and that was largely because it sought to have its own unique story and engine, just with characters from other games as the pro-/antagonists.

An example of a poorish crossover I have played is Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. PL vs PW:AA has made me extremely leery of crossover games as a whole, due to its execution. While I do certainly like the game, I bought it as I follow the Ace Attorney series. Instead, I got a Professor Layton game that just so happened to have Phoenix Wright in it. The gameplay didn't mesh together very well (it mostly just switched between the two, with Layton gameplay during the investigations and Wright gameplay during the trials), and the supposed 'puzzles with contradictions' promised were essentially absent - out of the 82 puzzles in the game, only 1 was like that (I had expected one to be in the DLC also - it wasn't).

You're free to disagree with me as you like; I speak only from my own perspective.

9. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    Fire Emblem x Final Fantasy would be just amazing. I'd love to see that happen sometime.

squer enicks pls

10. megamagikarp

megamagikarp Bug Catcher

Legendary Eggbert II
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.5
    GS Ball ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I've always thought about video game crossovers and their potential, and in most cases, I feel as if they'd turn out to be pretty damn awesome! And so this thread is to share what you'd personally want to see in a crossover game :P

Personally, the crossover I'd like to see happen the most would probably be a Pokémon x Battlefield crossover - maybe called "Battlemon" or something like that? I can just imagine it right now, soaring across the skies on the back of a Mega Salamence (Jet) while shooting down an enemy Talonflame with an almighty Dragon Pulse! Or maybe even capturing a base while patiently waiting on my Torterra (Tank), while my allies charge ahead towards the enemy...

So yeah, what video game crossover would you like to see? Share your thoughts ;)

11. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Here's a one I've always wanted to have a Sonic and Pokémon crossover where Sonic would be the male trainer and Amy would be the female,other Sonic characters would be brain-washed by Egg-man and to make them all normal you have to defeat their gym and beat the champion,Egg-man!It would be fun for the trainer to finally get some cool powers too if this crossover ever came true!

megamagikarp likes this.
  12. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I've always wanted this: a Pokémon and Kid Icarus crossover! I don't really see how that would work, but I would love it! Maybe it would sort of be like Pokémon Conquest where the characters link with Pokémon, but this time, fight head to head Pokémon battles! And maybe Yveltal resurrected Hades, and because Yveltal would be with him, Pit would have to link with powerful Pokémon, collect the 18 Sacred Plates and summon Arceus!

Hmm, just any crossover with Pokémon in my opinion would be cool!

megamagikarp likes this.
  13. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I once designed a story idea involving ganondorf smashing hyrule and the Pokémon world together, and Link had to train Pokémon and fight his way to ganon and defeat his palkia and dialga to restore the worlds.

megamagikarp likes this.
  14. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I want a Xenoblade x Fire Emblem crossover. That would be amazing. The characters already have awesome one-liners to use for the critical hits lol.

megamagikarp likes this.
  15. Ronman5

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.7
    Id say fire emblem Pokémon but the two ideas clash considering in Pokémon you don't die, In Fire emblem if u fuck up u die! so.... It would be hard to do... ,aybe do like awakening with a Classsic and a Casual mode? Idk really XD but the game play would be more like Conquest except your given 4 moves and can be equipped and un equipped just like in game (plus I want to see a Lucina, and/or Chrom take on lucario)

megamagikarp likes this.
  16. FreshDopeToast

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    I would like to see a crossover of ye mom and ye dad..OH TOO LATE!!!!
    But seriously maybe a mix of Pokémon and skyrim where I get to slay all the charizards ;P

megamagikarp likes this.
  17. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I'm really feeling that one.

Honestly, I'd love to have a crossover between Kingdom Hearts (which is already a crossover) and Pokémon. I can see the whole Dream Eater training being applied from KH3D to Pokémon.... Ohhhh yeah. @[member="Sanctuary"] should give his thoughts on this too.

18. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    One thing I'd absolutely fucking love to see is a DBZ x Naruto crossover.
    I feel like this might be something possible in the future too (or I at least hope so).
    One of the most recent DBZ games (Xenoverse, if I'm not mistaken) already included a pre-order DLC where you had Goku in Naruto's Sage outfit.
    And if I'm again not mistaken, there was one with Naruto in Goku's outfit as well.
    I'd love nothing more than for this to happen, honestly.

This video has been up on YouTube ever since I was first introduced to the internet (the original one, not this reuploaded version).
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jp-AR_UXfbg

It even includes One Piece! Just look at this. It's beautiful. I even used to really love One Piece as a kid too, which makes this 10x better.

There's also this one.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=yjJpXzDtoLY

I just now found it but it reenforces my concept so much more, another great video.

Anyways, I got carried away, but if you watch those 2 videos you can get a little glimpse of why I think this crossover would be one of the best of this decade (and many more).

I'm curious as to what @[member="Noctis"] thinks though, since we seem to share a similar taste in video games.

East and Noctis like this.
  19. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    You know, as you shown in your post here you're definitely not the only person who thinks this would be an awesome idea to mix together. Where you can find the most evidence of this is in the modding community. Variety of games ranging from fighting to MOBAs has some sort of "anime brawl" theme, the primary attraction being these two legendary anime characters: Goku vs Naruto.

I feel like an Ubisoft game with both of these fandoms would result in nothing but sheer epicness. It's something that the public has been suggesting at for quite some time now, and I can say with complete confidence that if an official game is released with these two series crossing over, then we'll have one hell of a treat. I mean, why not? DBZ and Naruto are one of the most well known animes globally.

Tbh I'd be super down with this crossover.
    However, there is an issue of exactly how many people will it appeal to, which might be the reason why it hasn't been made yet. Something that big would need to pull in a lot of money***. But still, I say Ubisoft or someone should take the risk because, again, you can find a ton of evidence in the modding community what the people want.

But what if it fails? What then?
    What do you think?

East likes this.
  20. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Moderator note:

I've merged two topics together to create one thread. Please be sure to check if a topic idea has already been covered by a pre-existing thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.