1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, May 28, 2020.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I guess we've all got a lot of spare time on our hands sitting around at home! I'm interested to know what the last movie you watched was. Maybe give it a rating as well?

I'll start:

Movie: Molly's Game (It was on Netflix)
    Rating: 8/10

Now you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I'm not an avid movie watcher even if I like keeping tabs on how well the world of animated film is doing, but the last movie I've watched is probably Into the Spiderverse, which also happens to be my favorite movie out of the like 25 that I've ever seen. I'd go in-detail, but anyone who's heard about that movie has most likely heard all of the praise it's gotten, so I'll just say that all of the praise is completely justified.

Vigilance likes this.
  3. 1mightydragon

1mightydragon PKMN Breeder

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    The last movie I remember watching is Overcomer. It's a good movie yall should give it a shot. Rating: 7/10

BUT I have a whole list of movies that I can recommend if you are bored:
    Star Wars: Original/Prequel Trilogies including Rogue One and Solo
    Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan, Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Nemesis
    Treasure Planet

High Noon
    The Searchers
    The Far Country
    The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
    The Fighting Kentuckian

Slice of Life (I dont know what genre these movies fall into)
    Overcomer
    Flywheel
    Facing the Giants
    Fireproof
    Courageous
    Dunkirk
    TORA! TORA! TORA! (Do not watch Pearl Harbor)
    Midway (1976) or Midway (2019) both are good
    A Bridge Too Far
    Sergeant York
    The Longest Day

Into The Spiderverse
    Wall-E
    ... I could list more but these are the ones that came to mind and this post is already long...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.
  4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I recently watched was that new Disney movie Onward with someone. I give it a 9/10. Solid plot, good balance between funny, dramatic, and sad parts.

5. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    The second Fate movie, great , lil confusing
    and lots of hate for killing my dear Gilgamesh :(
    still 8/10

6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've been watching more tv shows than movies lately, but I did watch Spiderman Homecoming recently. As far as Marvel movies go, it's definitely up there, but it definitely could have been better.

7/10. I liked it, but I had two huge issues with the movie. People were putting way too much pressure on a kid, and I think the villain would have been a stronger character if they hadn't turned him into an uncaring killer. He can be manipulative without turning into a generic Marvel villain who is going to accomplish his goal by destroying everything.

7. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I haven't watched movies in years. Yes I do watch the occasional snippets while I'm on tv, but I haven't sat down and watched a full movie in a long time. The last (American) movie I probably watched was dead pool 2. Funny movie, which isn't usually the case for funny movie sequels so it gets an A for that. I liked that the movie decided to have a theme beyond just violence and action and it did a really good job at portraying that theme while being funny. I'd give it a 8/10.
    The only movie I really want to watch is dawn of the deep soul, but I haven't been able to find it. Those of you who are interested, don't be. I've heard its dark. The only reason I want to watch it, is because its a continuation of a fantastic animated series that had a cliff hanger ending.

8. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    We were mainly watching animé and koreanovelas as of late, not much movies... The last one I remember was "Death at a Funeral". 'Tis a decent movie, and I had many a laugh watching! It had lots of dark humour and weird stuff, but that's what made it fun to watch~! That last scene though... hahah!

9. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Just wanted to say thanks for the recommendations. I actually keep a list like you of stuff I've seen and so I welcome more movie lists! I will give some of these titles a trailer watch and report back when I watch the movies!
    Dude honestly I agree so much. It was good and I think the Spider-man reboot in general has been so good but I think parts like that could completely have elevated their movies much more.

I actually recently watched Deadpool and Deadpool 2 for the first time (idk why I was holding off) and let me just say, they are pretty good. I've enjoyed them a ton and they gave me a good laugh!

10. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,899.3
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    What kind of movies are ya interested in? I mighy know some. And I do not know if ya are interested in some anime movies

11. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Movie : Pluto Nash
    Rated : PG-13
    Rating : Not for children, or perhaps teenagers, depending on your morals. But an excellent Eddie Murphy movie, nonetheless. My favorite character is Pluto's bodyguard, Bruno. He has so much heart for his boss, and is rewarded for it in the end. Bruno is a cuddly character, without losing any of his masculine vibe. The perfect bodyguard. There were a few scenes I didn't enjoy, since they were sexually diverting, but the rest of the movie is quite funny, even when you know how the story ends.

12. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Extraction. Quite violent, gory and has language. Interesting plotline and epic action/fight scenes.