1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What will you name your player character?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Maantijger, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    I'll be naming mine either Micchone or Michonne. Same name but the first is just unique just to be lol. Surprisingly, I didn't get that name from the Walking Dead. I got it from when I asked my friend what my character's name should be in Pokken and they said "name her Micchone" and I was like "k". Now its kinda stuck lol.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Probably Sia or Anja. I always have these periods that I like a certain name and use it, like Aurora, Blaire, Dawn (3rd gen).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I'm going to do what U always do, name my character after myself, Nate! I just like my name so there's really no reason to change it for Pokémon!

4. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm probably just going to name myself Lost for lack of originality. "Lost" makes up a part of my identity now.

5. EmeraldHeart

EmeraldHeart Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽11.5
    I'll probably use one of my favourite names ever, Arden <3 It's such a pretty name

6. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    Usually almost always, I pick the female trainer at the start of my adventure.
    I will name her something Scandinavian, as I tend to do now.

Those northern european names make for good video game names, for some reason...

7. Pbear

Pbear Space Polar Bear

PokéPoints:
    ₽43.8
    I've never really thought about a different name, even for female player

I've always stuck with the name Pbear

8. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I used to name my main game's player character 'Danny' after myself, but I might go with Deltheor this time around, since that's been my username for many years now. That's usually what I end up doing with my main game, anyway, since the player character is a representation of yourself. For my side games, I usually change things up a bit, so I might name myself anything from Scarlen, to Alphonse, to any other name in-between. Really just depends on my mood at the time of starting the file.

9. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    I'll be getting both games, but my main playthrough will be the red version like it always is (Sun) where I name it after myself, then my second playthrough (Moon) I'll name my character 'Echo'

10. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Ever since my username change I've found myself using said name rather than my old name in various games from various genres, usually in the form of "Almy"

However I've come to a conclusion to utilise both of my usernames, old and new, in whatever game I play depending on Gender. So for example, should I go male I'd name myself Red/RedG, but should I choose female instead I'll pick Almy. More likely than not I'll be picking female for Moon, but should I obtain Sun one day or replay Moon I'll probably end up playing as a male called Red. It's become my tradition so who am I to break it!

11. Headsprouter

Headsprouter Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽86.8
    Headsprouter.

First it was JACK, then it was Jack, and now I'm only happy with Headsprouter in a game. It's not like I dislike my name, just in a game where there's the potential for other people to see me by a certain name I'd rather the one I use online.

It's the thing in my avatar. It's from Timesplitters: Future Perfect, probably my favourite game ever.

12. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    I'll be using my actual name [Ninna] for Pokémon Moon, as well as picking the female trainer, and maybe Mayhem or Leonard for Pokémon Sun, with the male trainer instead.

That's usually the equation I follow. One version is the one that I won't be restarting which will be used with my real name while the other tends to be the one I restart and re-do since I love doing the Pokémon adventures many times.

13. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    For Sun it's just going to be Dust. If I get Moon down the road (maybe with Christmas money or something) I'll probably name myself some variation with "Dust" in it, like I did with this gen currently where it's Dusty for Omega Ruby and Dustiva for my character in Y.

14. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽16,913.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    ive been thinking to name her at first Miyu, but than I re started my Y game, and used it there.
    I guess I pick a hawaiian name. The only I really use my online name is when , I already played the game.
    only didnt do it for Y, as it is the third time playing it

15. xKiYoMiNaTiONx

PokéPoints:
    ₽112.2
    I'll be naming my player character after my name as usual (Kiyomi). Though, in my Moon copy, I'll probably play the guy and name myself something from an anime or something...

16. thunder2910

thunder2910 Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.6
    Probably will do what I've always done, use my actual name

17. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    As always going to use my actual name for my ingame name. Or I'm going to use Toxic, but I've only used the name Toxic as an in game once.

18. Heavenly

Heavenly Just Smile!

PokéPoints:
    ₽83.2
    I'm most likely going to go with the name Taliyah for my character, as with customization I just overall find the girl designs a lot better and it'll be what I'm going with. Taliyah has become a pretty good name to me recently for two reasons, in rp and video games. But that's my plan as of the moment.

19. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Will Name My Character Some Kind Like This...(If I Have The Game)

Pokémon Sun
    Female Player Character-Geroninay(Geroniny+Day)
    Male Player Character-Geronimol(Geronimo+Sol)

Pokémon Moon
    Female Player Character-Geronina(Geroniny+Luna)
    Male Player Character-Geronigmo(Geronimo+Night)

20. flareon71

Legegg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽392.1
    Flareon.

Because Flareon.