1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What will you name your player character?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Maantijger, Jul 3, 2016.

1. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I'm lame so she'll be Ava just like all my other female playthroughs.
    Maybe I'll go Aero this time?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I've been using 'Shadria' for a long time. It doesn't help that I have started a 'story' where the trainer is the same person travelling around.
    Aka, the trainer in every game IS the same person. So, same name. Have been doing this since Soul Silver.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm probably going to use my go-to, which is just "Hunter". It works well for me, Hunter is one of my Trainer OCs that travels around the different regions, so it's basically the same person every time XD

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I normally just go with whatever the default name for the character is, but I might go with Kai this time. It was Sun's name in the code for S/M and I like the name.

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I might go with Mari this time. In a sea bound region it would be really cute, I think.

6. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    The first time I play each game, I try and find a name that I think fits the protagonist's appearance. Like, I always thought the girl from Black/White looked like a Steph for some reason. Though, I usually name my character after myself or a similar variant (e.g. JJ, JoJo, Jo, Sephine, etc). If I'm playing a challenge, I tend to name my trainer after the challenge (e.g. Belladonna for a poison monotype challenge, Zero for a Nuzlocke, etc).

Though most of the time, I spend a minute staring blankly at the screen, trying to think up a name before calling the player something I end up wishing I could change. I was really thankful that there was an option to change the name of your character in Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon.

Sometimes, I try and have some fun and call me character something like 'You'. It's always fun to read something like "You found a Potion!" and "I'll show you the true strength of Pokémon, You!"

CinnPai likes this.
  7. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    I usually name the player character after me, Sam. It makes me feel more involved in the story and the game more fun~

8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I typically pick whatever the default name is for the particular character I'm playing (Red/Blue for the Gen1 chars, Ethan/Lyra for HGSS, Brendan/May for RSE, and etc.), but sometimes I choose Miroku, especially if I'm doing a Nuzlocke run.

9. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I'll probably use Havok. Been doing that since Gen IV and after I took to writing a story about the character namesake in Black and White.

Other one I'll probably use the default for whichever gender I choose

10. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I've always named the character after myself. It just makes me feel like part of the story. Although if I could replay X without deleting my data (like you could in previous games), I would try playing as a boy and probably give him some Japanese name, lol.

11. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Probably after myself. I did this with my Sun protag, and it was pretty cool I guess.

12. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Of course I named mine Drew after my nickname.