1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What would be your real life Pokémon partner?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Morgaine, May 22, 2017.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I got a question in my Q&A thread that made me think of my favorite Pokémon and if they could be a good partner here in this world.

My favorite Pokémon are Vulpix and Nintales, and then Leafeon and Furret. But a Fire or Ice type might not be such a good idea here in the real world. Imagine them setting things on fire or freezing my laptop (how would I visit LV then?).

I think a Leafeon could fit here well. It is nice and peaceful and more importantly, it is not a beacon of destruction like the others could be. I think in real life my partner would be a Leafeon, because I know that this cutie will be my rock in hard times and would support and calm me.

What Pokémon would be your partner and why?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Youre welcome Marine!
    I think I would have a little Zorua or an Eevee as my in real life partner. Zorua is small enough to be carried around to different places, and the same with Eevee. And while Zorua has the possibility to cause some mischief, Eevee would be the more preferable irl partner because of its less potentially destructive behavior (this also goes hand in hand with the therapy Pokémon thread I saw earlier).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Morgaine likes this.
  3. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    I would take a Lucario or Serperior as my partner...why? Well because with lucario I had this feeling I wanted to grow stronger, in the real world I think of aura as a power as it behaves much like it, I had this pull for lucario, well not because it's cool, it's just it has this drive to get something done without stopping.

Serperior I admired they way this Pokémon has a lot of loyalty and see myself in it, the way it is so cool and collected in its thoughts makes me think it's hiding the fact it will fight till the end, 100% drive like lucario, typically the Pokémon I like I feel like I see myself in a way

4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    If Pokémon were real I don't think I'd be a big battler but would rather have Pokémon for companionship.
    Of course I'd love a shiny mew companion but I highly doubt I'd have ever found one.

Living in rural Scotland I’m guessing we’d have a lot of Mareep so I’d likely have an Ampharos companion who would have grown up with me. So as a 'realistic' answer I'm gonna go with an Ampharos.

But for speculation sake I'll list a few others I thought about:
    I’d love an Espurr companion because I love mischievous cats and I have a feeling a psychic cat would be the ultimate trickster. Plus that cute little face kills me. ;w; So adorable.

Maybe a Dunsparce too considering I climb up mountains/hills for photos sometimes and I would have probably encountered one doing that.

Or maybe a little joltik that hangs out on my electronics and keeps me company as I draw. A smol companion that could be a living version of my joltik figure that chills in my pockets.

or a Chikorita as it's a starter Pokémon and my fave starter Pokémon at that. I live in a very green area so it'd fit right in with the surrounding forest and such. And I can see grass Pokémon being super helpful in every day life what with their vines being able to pick things up and such.

Morgaine likes this.
  5. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Thanks again!

@POKE While those are cool Pokémon, would they really work in today's society? In this world?

@AeroHail I could see all of those Pokémon being your partner. Be careful with Joltik though. It likes to suck the energy right out of batteries.

6. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    I would see so, I mean it's not the Pokémon, it's how you apply them in now, I would make it like a meditation buddy and such

7. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I could see that work in some manner, I guess.

8. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    I'd love to have a cute lil' pikipek pet or an oddish to help me with gardening. Chatot would also be cool and we could make music together!

Morgaine likes this.
  9. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Well...as much as I would love a certain Renegade Pokémon colored blue and silver, having the god of the Pokémon hell tagging along with me on an everyday basis, mixed with my complete disregard for society norms and rules, is a recipe for Disaster.
    So I'll have an Absol ;)
    Although Absol may seem like a bad choice due to it's 'spooky' nature, I've always loved it. It could warn me of accidents about to come, which is a power I need desperately. Also, I think it would be an incredibly sensitive and powerful partner, able to understand me better than (probably) most humans.
    But of course, there's the whole problem of Absol's not being practical...

I kinda want a Larvesta (I LOVE Volcarona), but it'd burn down my house for SURE :) So, after much unnecessary expounding, I have settled on my choice: Umbreon.
    Mostly 'cuz I CAN'T HAVE MISSINGNO :(
    #MissingNo

Morgaine likes this.
  10. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    That would be so cute! I can totally see that.

MissingNo is a glitch so I doubt that it would be very handy. I do like how you showed your reasoning in the post and Umbreon would be a great and loyal partner that would take a hit for you.

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  11. Inken'in

Inken'in Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Amulet Coin ★★★Icy Rock ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    If I had to choose, I guess I would choose Swablu, considering that I doesn't seem like it would be too large to keep in doors, and not having to worry about lacking a hat would also be neat... Assuming it's not hot outside...
    And above all? It's cute.

12. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Ah, I have so many Pokémon I'd love to have by my side! I'll have to list off a few then.

First, my absolute favorite Pokémon, Sceptile! Not only could it guard me if I was ever in trouble, but it can use that handy Leaf Blade move to help me chop up peppers for pizza (because I suck at cooking, haha). Also, it's cute! Who doesn't want an adorable gecko-dinosaur about as tall as you walking beside you? It also gives me an outlet for creativity as I can design an accessory for a Sceptilite.

Another Pokémon is Altaria! I can't drive to school by myself, so I could fly to school! If I was ever tired, I could cuddle up in its wings and take a nap or just lie there playing my video games. In my house, it could also help my sister practice her singing as she says she's soprano, just like an Altaria. Of course, it could help me pin down melodies when I practice my own music on flute.

13. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I would totally have a eevee in real life. *shot*. I would also have maybe a rapidash too, because hohohoho those are bad ass.

Post 61

14. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    While Alola Ninetails has to be my favorite Pokémon, it would definitely make my life a bit irregular. "It creates drops of ice in its coat and showers them over its enemies. Anyone who angers it will be frozen stiff in an instant." Yeah, how about no.

How about Gardevoir instead? "Gardevoir has the ability to read the future. If it senses impending danger to its Trainer, this Pokémon is said to unleash its psychokinetic energy at full power." Much better

15. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Swablu would be great just for the size and it is a gentle Pokémon that you can take outside.

Sounds good, Skittle. Even if keeping around a Sceptile just to cut veggies seems a bit of a waste.

Eevee is probably going to be a very popular choice. Not really weird, seeing as it is a nice fluffball.

I also remember Gardevoir having the power to create black holes when protecting its trainer.... Stay out of trouble, will you?

16. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Give me an eevee by my side, I want a Sylveon or Espeon in the end. They are so fluffy and wonderful and would make helpful partners! Sylveon would be great for defense and it is so cute!!! Espeon could use its psychic abilities to help me move things and spook people. Either way, I would like to start with an eevee!

17. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    That is so you. I had a feeling that this would be your choice.

18. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Well I could be a nerd and say give me a mew or ditto so I can have every Pokémon :P

19. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Neeeeeeerd. That is cheating so much. But I can see the appeal, it is just that I think that having Ditto constantly transform is lowering its value as its own being.

20. Inken'in

Inken'in Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Amulet Coin ★★★Icy Rock ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    At least she isn't saying that she wants Arceus so that she could become the ruler of the world or something along those lines.