1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What's been keeping you busy during this quarantine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    So we're all staying in and all and are trying to find ways to keep ourselves occupied!

Is it video games? art? tv shows? movies? chatting with friends? cooking? As an added bonus, try to rank what you've been up to based on the amount of time you spend doing it

For me:
    Sleeping - seriously, I get up at like 1 PM
    Homework/Class - man I have so much work and no good place to shut myself inside and do it
    Video games - Rocket League and CSGO are my go-to since my laptop can handle them without dying
    TV shows - Breaking Bad and White Collar are two that I've binge-watched recently
    Movies - Superman Returns and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle are two movies that I watched a couple of days ago

What about you? Let us know below

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    The final stretch of this semester alongside a little bit of family time and video games is how my time is being occupied. This week and the beginning of next week are strewn with final exams and papers and I still have many to go. Afterwards, I hope to buckle down and play P5R for a ludicrous amount of time every day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bakugo

bakugo Camper

(Kyurem Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽588.7
    Mainly watching anime has been the thing that keeps me busy.

4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    From order of most to least amount of time.

Video Games - Animal Crossing New Horizons and Persona 5 Royal have been massive time sinks for me.
    Online Schoolwork - I already do my classes online so nothing has really changed in this department.
    Watching TV and Movies - The Good Place, Parks and Recreation, Master of None, and A Single Man have all been a blast to watch.
    Reading - I just finished Red Rising and I'm currently reading Xenogenesis.

5. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I honestly can barely even remember when quarantine started. This hasn't been too difficult for me because I don't do much with myself in the first place, even if it sucks that I can't go to school or to my local smash tournaments because both of which are my main ways of meeting up with friends. My main ways of keeping myself entertained, though...

Camping
    For about half a week last week, I went on a camping trip with my dad. Camping's just about the perfect thing to do in a time like this, since you still get to be away from everyone and you aren't stuck in one place. We mostly went trout fishing with this being my first time doing so, but we also went hiking, which I don't do very often either. We were in the mountains, and the trail we went up went around and occasionally right over a big waterfall, so that was nice.

Babysitting
    There were three times I babysat total over the break, and I'm just gonna lump two of them together since it was with the same kids and they were one day apart. First time was with someone who I babysit a lot who is currently in middle school, and it's always nice hanging out with him. It's more like a hangout since he's pretty smart and we both like to talk about very similar things. The other two times I was told about an hour in advance, the kids were much younger, but they liked playing through my collection of games so it was mostly me putting them on a different multiplayer game every half an hour or so and just watching them play. Again, not something I did often, but still nice.

Gaming
    Here's a big one, folks! I don't have Animal Crossing: New Horizons, but playing things like Mario Kart Wii, the ARMS trial, and ESPECIALLY Smash Ultimate have been enough to keep me entertained through most of the days where not much has going on. Mario Kart Wii is fun even without mods or any friends to play with for me because it's not an easy game if you want to play completely optimally, there's a lot of small tech skill you can learn to be even faster, but I've been playing the game modded and that's been great fun. ARMS is interesting to me because of my experience with Smash, the game is pretty basic but the game still has a lot of complex ideas from fighting games like overcomittment that makes it enjoyable for me. For Smash I've been playing a new character for fun and I've been joining a lot of friends' lobbies.

Smogon
    To keep it short - there's been a Smogon project I've been working on for a year now that is reaching a bigtime climax. I won't go into detail, but if I think of what all to post I might make a thread about this. Regardless, over the past week, this has kept a constant hold of my attention lately, since activity for it increased a lot and is going to increase more in the near future.

Internet
    I'm also gonna keep this one short because it's simple. Things like Twitter and YouTube have been great little time wasters when I don't want to play a video game of some sort, and while it's a bit different, Discord has been nice for me to keep in touch with friends and the online communities I've joined as well (including Lake Valor!) so I've been using those three a lot.

I have school that just started back up but it's mostly online and it'll feel more like summertime than anything else for me. It really does suck that I can't see my friends in person at all, but I still have a lot of things to keep me entertained, and I might have a lot more put onto me in the future for the Smogon bit. I'll have to wait and see though.

6. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    staying inside watching youtube, playing video games, typing, getting in arguments on what Sandslash is on discord.

7. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    I've basically had the same routine as I did before.
    1. I've been playing video games A LOT. Minecraft modpacks, Breath of the Wild, Celeste, Terraria, Cuphead, the list goes on. Huh, I'm REALLY late to a few of these games.
    2. A long line of youtube that I have to watch before it absorbs my Chrome. I've got about 40 of those suckers.
    3. Anime, and in particular anime movies. I've had a few to watch, but since we're all staying inside now, I have tons of opportunities to finally watch a few!
    That's pretty much it, I guess.

8. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    -Drawing was my main thing to do during quarantine, but I eventually had to take breaks in between drawings to avoid burnout. I started a fun new drawing project that I will hopefully complete.
    -Youtube, Instagram, Discord, etc.
    -Watching some shows and movies
    -Listening to my trash playlist (while drawing), until my earbuds start acting up... the left one likes to not play sound sometimes, so I have to wiggle it around in my ear to try to get the sound to play again.
    -School just started up again this week (I’m hating it already)
    -I finally played on my DS for the first time in months (mostly White 2 but also some other games)
    -I face timed/discord called some friends and we chatted
    -When I was forced to get out of the house by my parents, I helped do some yard work and walked around the neighborhood with my mom and sisters.

9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Aside from working on school stuff, I've also been writing and working on art! I've been working on several projects at once, actually. I've also been talking with my friends over several different methods of communication at the same time and being distracted. The usual, really.

10. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    TV Shows - My collection of streaming services has come in handy for sure. Watched all of My Hero Academia (second them for me) with my bf and caught up on a bunch of other shows. (Finished Steven Universe yesterday!)

Work - Since I work in IT working from home was not too hard to set up so I have been doing that during the week.

Gaming - Working on finishing Styx Master of Shadows and Yooka Laylee now (when not too distracted by Destiny 2 and Animal Crossing)

DnD prep work - The guys from work wanted to start a digital campaign during quarantine so I am prepping that now so we can start soon.

11. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Yo I relate to the sleeping, it’s like 1:03 right now and I’m still in bed lol. I get way too caught up in finishing my dream stories.

Im still actually doing school, I’m homeschooled, so it’s basically same as usual for me rn, minus youth group.

Some things I do in general:
    Watch anime or other tv shows (The original Ben 10 is pretty neat)

Write stories (Although I haven’t posted them here in awhile, I might at some point)

Digital drawing (Making a comic right now!)

Reading books (I’m re-reading some old favorites on my kindle!)

~Going outside~ (Yup, you heard right. I practically live in a forest, and there’s not really anyone around, so I try to take a daily walk all the way around the lake.)

Making plushies! (I got materials for Christmas so I’m using them!)

Shiny hunting (I’m hunting Nickit right now)

12. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    My job is at a grocery store in one of the many hotspots, and I just lost one of my only coworkers due to her own safety concerns w the virus, it's just me and my boss working. MY one day off I am just chilling and doing some housework. To rank it by time for me it goes

Work - most time spent
    Sleeping-
    Cleaning
    Drawing/DA-related things

I can't wait for this to be over. I miss my friends and I miss my boyfriend (especially his dog, lol)

and School starts up again next week so I get to forgo sleep and probably most of my time cleaning and drawing after that

13. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I mostly spend all my time on school work. Even though all my intense classes are done and over with and all that's left are fluff classes, the online format for me is really taking up a lot of time.
    Other than school, I spend my time in video gaming, playing foxhole and planetside.
    Other than sleep I spend my time writing. I spend an hour on writing a day and its baring fruit. Though I usually write for an hour anyways.

14. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    1. College Work
      If I told you I had assignments popping up in the sense of a due that here and a due date there, here a due date, there a due date, everywhere a due date. I'm not joking. This is the 3rd day after pulling 2 allnighters doing schoolwork
    2. Sleeping
      Thanks to number 1 I am sleeping a lot during the day which means I get little accomplished.
    3. Breath of the Wild
      My brother gave me the game to entertain myself as I'm home all the time and it's honestly a good distraction. So I spend a little time on it after each assignment.
    4. Ace Attorney
      This is my baby. I have the Trilogy on the Switch and finished Trials and Tribulations as well as the original Ace Attorney. Now I just have to finish Justice for all.