1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What's your biggest challenge in writing a story?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Sonic Ramon, Jul 22, 2017.

1. jordan1510

jordan1510 Aura Guardian

Legendary Egg
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.3
    I'm great at doing the first and second chapters, but I find it hard to carry on from there

2. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Names! The names of the characters in the story are hard to find!
    Names aren't so complicated but the surnames....! Oh....they make my head pain!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HoppipLover88

Weedy
    (Oddish)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽31.5
    Mainly Pokémon teams.

4. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    I have problems just thinking of the plot and what to do next, that kind of stuff

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AppleBeer

AppleBeer Swimmer

Lizard Boy
    (Charmander)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽29.1
    I agree. That's what's hard for me.

Darcy likes this.
  6. AppleBeer

AppleBeer Swimmer

Lizard Boy
    (Charmander)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽29.1
    I figure out Pokémon teams by opening a tcg booster pack. It has the potential to be great.

7. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    To me, the most challenging thing is to stay interested in writing. I always had a provlem with loosing interest in things. I really want to finnish my writing, but I always give myself an excuse for doing something else. I want to make the readers happy, but I cant even keep myself happy.

8. HoppipLover88

Weedy
    (Oddish)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽31.5
    Good idea!!

9. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Dedication is my issue. I can't finish anything I start. I'm not sure why. I think it's mostly because I think of new ideas all the time. The old ones don't loose their sparkle, they're just outshone.

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  10. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    For me, it's actually getting started on it. Trying to write up a good opening to grab the readers' attention is harder than it looks.

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  11. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    I see. Sorry to hear about that, dude. I get that feeling a lot when I first try to do my current fanfic, Mixturing Moves, the first time. It was terrible the first time I did it so I just restarted it on the second try and...got bored midway. And right now in my third try, I've been getting better at uploading new chapters monthly and having my brain more focused on my work than before. Training it to be productive, basically. Because I remember slacking off a lot on uploading new chapters for my fanfic due to life's issues and me being distracted/lazy. And now I'm kinda suffering on that by not having many old audiences taking a look at my fanfic. But I at least have the newer ones that are intrigued by it and trying to catch up. Anyway, I know how exactly that feels dude and I absolutely despise that type of feeling when it comes to doing something that I adore doing. And knowing my main goal I'm trying to achieve on my fanfic, it'll happen a lot for me. I'll do my best to stay positive, stay focused and ignore those feelings of course. n_n

12. Erecles

Erecles Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    My biggest weakness in writing is the spots in between the plot, for exposition and for character development, two things I just happen to love the most out of any literature or film.

13. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Same here. I've tried to use a scatterplot planner and dot the journey with conflict, but it doesn't always work.

14. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Yache Berry ★★Amulet Coin ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    I think my main problem is writing good fights. It just takes me way longer that it honestly should for me to come up with good action sequences in my head, but when I get it down, ohhh god is it satisfying.

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  15. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    So I usually have these great ideas of how characters move and act inside my mind, but the problem is that I can't write it the way I want it to. I can't properly describe what a character is doing because I can't find the right word to use. This is why most of my character's lines do this:

"I didn't know that," she said.

"Yeah, sorry for not telling you earlier," Yukari said, smiling.

Yup, I tend to reuse describing words waaaaay often for every character that talks in my stories. I doubt that somebody else has this same problem though.

16. Leaflame

Leaflame Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.1
    I have trouble writing emotional scenes, like reunions or OTP moments. I get nervous, and I feel like I'm letting my readers down. I feel a lot of you guys on battling too. Any tips on my problem?

17. Starlistic

Castle
    (Shellder)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    My biggest weakness... is failing to complete the work after I get the outline out. :'D

And when I don't work with an outline, I do sometimes manage to finish them, but they tend to be sloppier and shorter than otherwise.

18. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    I see. Sorry to hear that, pal. But I'm sure that you can pull through that challenge, one way or another! n-n

19. Starlistic

Castle
    (Shellder)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    thank you :') I do have a creative writing assignment coming up so I can use that to motivate myself... along with nanowrimo!

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  20. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    What I'm having trouble with right now, in the specific area of Pokémon, is writing battles between low-leveled Pokémon. Trying to write a battle between, say, a Salamence and a Metagross is a lot easier than one between, say, a Rattata and a Bidoof.

Any advice would be appreciated... T_T