1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What's Your Defining Joke?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Doggo, Feb 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Doggo

Doggo Tuber

flopwop
    (Furret)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ever been subject to torment by a bunch of friends for one little slip-up and affectionately been given a new nickname?
    I am, for example, called "meme-boy" due to sending a meme in a school Discord by accident.

2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Question Mark, actually.
    About a year ago, I gained this nickname because of how I acted and how many questions I was asked because of said behaviors. I was also curious and made a lot of questionable noises.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    A few years ago I was called Chris by my preschool buddy (and my irl name isn’t even close to Chris) and my friends have been calling me Chris since then. Chris is now the fake name I go by on Wattpad.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  4. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It's not really a name (well it is related to names I guess), but I do have a weird aversion to anything orange because of something weird that happened a few years ago. There were a bunch of "personality test" type things linked to franchises to find out what your name would be if you were a character in that franchise. I did a bunch of them with some friends and for whatever reason I kept getting a name with "Orange" in it. Didn't matter what the franchise, I always had some kind of association either with the color orange or the fruit. Both of which I actually kind of hate.

We got to this one quiz for Kamen Rider. (It's kind of like power rangers for anyone who doesn't know what it is.) And I, of course, ended up being the Orange Rider or something like that. At that point we all just kind of lost it and broke into hysterical laughter. One of my friends has a character who was obsessed with bananas in an old D&D game we used to play, so we joked about there being a Kamen Rider based on an orange with another one based on a banana as his sidekick.

[​IMG]

That is, in fact, Kamen Rider Gaim and Kamen Rider Baron, WHO ARE BASED ON AN ORANGE AND A BANANA.

I thought my friends had made the original promotional art in photoshop or something and I was like, "Oh wow you've gotten a lot better at photoshop."

It wasn't photoshop.

It's been an ongoing joke since that I hate oranges.

5. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I dunno about this being a slip-up, but there were three people with the same first name as me on my street and going to school. And since I was the youngest one, they just called me Gilbert instead for some reason. I took it as an insult at first, but to this day, though, I use Gilbert as the name of all the trainers i've played in Pokémon games, though, so i guess it grew on me.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I'm not really sure if this counts as a joke, but I've often been called a ninja due to my uncanny ability to show up or leave without anyone noticing. It's not even within a specific group of friends either. I've had family, friends and even coworkers all make the same ninja comparison.

7. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    When Pokémon B/W2 came out I was constantly thinking the voices in the background of Ghetsis' theme were saying 'Dennis'. I said this to a couple of friends and they called me Dennis for a few years, and actually, they still call me Dennis to this day.

8. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Whenever I’m supposed to give directions while someone else is driving, I usually get distracted or get it wrong. This has happened so much that my parents have dubbed me Fred Noonan. For those who don’t know, Fred Noonan was pilot Amelia Earhart’s infamous navigator who is often blamed for her disappearance.