1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What's your favorite starter?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by AutumnsDusk, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    TREECKO!!!!

Besides my little gecko which I have a small action figure of that I bring everywhere, I also like Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Totodile, Snivy, Froakie (second favourite), Rowlet and Sobble~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    I love Rowlet. Spherical bird baby.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    huh I am suprised I never posted here.

Favorite starter is split between Turtwig and Mudkip. I guess I like ground types in general hah. I adore Rowlet's design as well just kinda lacking in movepool for me :(

4. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    My favourite starter would be Fennekin, closely followed by Popplio.

5. Champ

Champ Tuber

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽74.3
    Ultra Ball ★★
    I love charmander and cyndaquil a lot, I can't choose which one to be first

6. 13eevee

Eevee (S)
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    litten it is always litten

ash_litten.png

7. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    For sure, the Treecko family. Every time I've played PMD2 (my favorite game of all time), I just so happened to be given Treecko, and it helps that Grovyle is a great character from that game as well. It helps that the whole family has really great designs, with Grovyle being especially notable for being a midstage that isn't awkward. I also did a Grovyle solo run for my first playthrough of USM because it was obtainable through a special method; I would've rather done Treecko but you catch it in the wild in its evolved form so I just said "sure."

Honorable mentions to Froakie for how much I like frogs and how well the concepts of frogs and ninjas meshed together. Great execution on the whole family's designs once again.

8. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I have to go with my main man Turtwig here. The first starter I ever had. On top of that I really like Torterra and it's design!

9. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Tricky. Very tricky. I suppose I'll have to go by generation.

Kanto: Squirtle, all the way. I know Charmander is the favorite, even with Game Freak, but I've always come to rely on the little turtle whenever I start a Kanto adventure that isn't Yellow or Let's Go, and he's always my go-to choice every time he's an option.
    Johto: Cyndaquil. Not sure if I need to say why, but I will anyway. This Fire-type has the coolest evolution line among the Johto starters, and I'm always happy to start my adventures with him. (Plus, it's technically canonically correct considering the Pokémon Adventure manga.)
    Hoenn: Hard choice, but I'm giving it to Treecko for nostalgic purposes. He was the starter I chose in both adventures I had in Hoenn, and his whole evolution line is cool, with Torchic and its evolutions coming a close second. Also, Grovyle is one of the best characters in the PMD Explorers games, so that settles that.
    Sinnoh: Again, for nostalgic reasons, I'm giving it to Piplup. Unfortunately, I was silly back when I was playing Platinum and dumped my Piplup for another Pokémon and never looked back, but I've always loved the haughty little penguin, Empoleon got a last minute entry into Pokken Tournament, and I just think he's a really cool dude. (Heh heh.)
    Unova: Despite the fact that I always travel with a Tepig whenever I start a game in Unova, due to my family choosing the other two starters, and I personally feel it's right, my favorite has to be Oshawott. He was an underrated member of Ash's team, one of the only reasons I actually cared for that season in particular, and I just like him and his evolutions from a design standpoint.
    Kalos: Chespin. Definitely. I don't know what it was that attracted me to him, when I thought Fennekin or Froakie were equally well done, but this Grass type just spoke to me. I just like his evolutionary chain's designs, I like their moves, and I just think they're great. Don't ask me to get more specific than that.
    Alola: For years, I had been waiting for an actual Flying type starter. We got close with stuff like Torchic and Piplup, and I don't count Charizard. Then, Rowlet showed up, and just swept me away. I love the little goober. His appearance in the anime was phenomenally charming, and in the games, he was fun to use. He's the only reason why I spent a ton of money on LV just to get a Decidium Z. Because that Z-Move is the bomb.
    Galar: It's taken me a bit to decide between Scorbunny or Sobble. However, I just couldn't help but admire the way Game Freak handled Sobble's evolutions and gave him a slight edge, though Scorbunny had a great evolution chain as well. A Pokémon that actually uses its tears as a form of combat is inspired, and the whole ascendance it goes through to overcome its initial weakness is really cool. And on the topic between their two Gigantimax forms, let's just say, I love the idea of Inteleon using its tail as a sniper tower over Cinderace literally becoming an anime protagonist standing on its giant ball. It's close, but Sobble takes it.

If I had to choose my favorite overall starter, I'd probably go with Rowlet. Though Chespin or Piplup do come close.

10. 13eevee

Eevee (S)
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    u-snivy
    a-litten
    j-chikorita

11. Cabbion

Cabbion School Kid

Monny
    (Rockruff)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽382.4
    I mostly go for firetypes, Cyndaquil being my top fave. Not to say I do not like other types as my starter, I'm looking at you Oshawott and Bulbasaur.