1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What's Your First Anime|Manga?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Yoppopopoy, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoppopopoy

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Here's a thread to discuss your first anime/manga! Feel free to talk about any aspects that really stood out as appealing to you, any defining qualities, feelings that it may have enticed within you, etc.

Things you might want to consider including -
    • Any characters that you may have favored.
    • A memorable theme that you really liked.
    • How long the anime/manga lasted.
    • Would you return to it later on in the future?
    I'll post my first experience with manga.

Believe it or not, I read my first manga about 4 months ago. One of my friends at school was reading a book, so I got curious and asked her what she was reading. She told me that she was reading a manga called "D. Gray-man," and I told her that I never read any kind of manga before. She offered me the book, so I read it.

I don't regret a minute of it, it inspired me to want to read more manga in the future whenever I get the time to explore them. I'm 100% positive that I will revisit it in the future; furthermore, there are 20+ volumes. I'd like to at least read 5 volumes of it before I let it rot in my mind. The main character's ability to turn his arm into an awesome weapon really stuck to me. I think I've said enough, time for me to shush.

Express until your heart's content! Happy posting. =^)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    My first anime that I remember was DragonBall Z. My favorite character by far is Vegeta, and still is. During the end of the Garlic Saga, right before the reveal of Trunks, I had a dream that Vegeta and Bulma got together and had a baby boy. The next day, Trunks appeared. Vegeta and Bulma is my favorite pairing, despite it being a little loveless at first (now if you touch his woman, Vegeta will kick your ass). I can always go back and watch DBZ and be caught up, no matter the episode. When my ex and I broke up, it did leave a stain on DBZ, as it was our favorite anime. Though now, the stain has been absolved. I really can't wait for the new DBZ to start. I want to see Bulma tell Vegeta that she's pregnant with Bra/Bulla and see his reaction. She had him wrapped around her finger in GT.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I don't really remember it clearly or accurately, but my first anime was most likely one about a girl possessed by some sort of doll or something. The memory is very foggy and I don't remember the anime's name at all, but I do remember that my friend introduced it to me and I watched some episodes in her house and I liked it.

4. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    My first anime was Pokémon and I loved it... Up to Unova. Though my first good anime was Fullmetal Alchemist (2003). Oh my stars, I fell in love with it during the first episode.
    My first manga was Pokémon Adventures and it is amazing!

Yoppopopoy likes this.
  5. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Hmm, My first anime officially was the Pokémon anime at the Hoenn region. I think a few eps of Master Quest as well, and I loved May and Max's characters. I eventually went and bought half of the first series, loved that but not as much. Haven't seen much Jhoto, and I loved Sinnoh and Dawn. Then Unova happened and i haven't watched since...

As far as I go to the first anime I actually watched that got me into anime, Sword Art Online. I am a massive gamer, so I love animes that have the characters trapped in a video game, so long as they feel like a video game (*cough* .Hack/ *cough*). It really got me into subbed anime and anime in general. I don't know what drew me so much into it, but I just loved the anime a lot before it was hugely mainstream. I read up a whole bunch on the wiki about the upcoming stuff cause this was the time when I was bloody impatient, but that has never prepared me for the actual event. The characters were all likable (although I didn't like Kirito for some reason), and I liked the storyline, even in Fairy Dance Arc *avoids gunshots* I like it a lot and still do (but there are animes I like more now)

6. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    For me was Dragon Ball Z

Any characters that you may have favored.
    Zarbon, perfect Cell

A memorable theme that you really liked.
    They frequently switched between using whatever themes they had in the OP, it was hilarious.

How long the anime/manga lasted.
    Years, then there was a remake. And there's still movies.

Would you return to it later on in the future?
    I have already before and I could again

7. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Well my absolute first anime was most likely Pokémon, but I didn't actually get into the genre until I watched Attack on Titan. It immediately got me hooked on anime, and I've watched many others after that :D I'm still very thankful that I decided to watch Attack on Titan, it was an amazing anime and I'm really hyped for season two!

Yoppopopoy likes this.
  8. Yoppopopoy

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Exactly! Attack On Titan was my first favorite anime, I learned to appreciate other anime more than I already did after I saw it. Mikasa is my favorite character, but you probably expected that. :D

The OST is also my favorite out of any OST. I would say Vogel im Kafig is my fave out of the themes.

@[member="Synerjee"] I took the time to look up your claim. You think it was something called "Super Doll Licca-chan?"

@[member="Synerjee"] 5/12/2015 12:50 AM Edit in response to your latest reply: You're welcome; anytime. =^)

9. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    No, not that one. This one is a bit too cheerful-looking as compared to the one in my memory. The one I watched was quite dark and not as cute, haha. Thank you for taking the time to search it up for me though! Really appreciate it. c:

10. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    I can't remember exactly but I know it was one of these three: Sailor Moon, Digimon, and Pokémon. Back then I never knew these were anime until Middle School. Actually I never knew what Anime was until then. I thought they were American TV shows and nothing more.

Yoppopopoy likes this.
  11. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I believe Pokémon but I can't recall 100% since I was immersed by other anime at the time, too. Besides Pokémon one of my first was also Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tenchi Muyo, Dragonball Z, and a select few others that I can't quite recall. Pokémon's probably what got me into anime in general but the other titles were soo amazing and I loved each one so much.

Especially Tenchi. Tenchi was life. ;c; Tried rewatching it a few years ago but never was able to finish for one reason or another.. definitely going to properly rewatch again soon.

Yoppopopoy likes this.
  12. Yoppopopoy

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    @[member="Nyanja"] I know how you feel because I thought the same back then. I had no knowledge at all about anime, but I really liked watching that type of stuff as a kid. I used to watch a lot of stuff on Toonami; mainly Naruto, Zatch Bell, One Piece, and Pokémon. I watched Bleach and Inuyasha as well, but not as often as the others.

@[member="Sheep"] Haha nice! I don't think I've ever seen Sailor Moon because I wasn't even born the time it aired. I've heard quite a bit about it. Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dragonball Z are two shows that I used to like watching as a child, but not that much DBZ.

13. Netnin

Netnin Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    My very first anime was Inuyasha. It was my favourite thing to watch when I was five, I'd watch it everyday when they aired at at 9-10 PM. Now, I can't really watch it, just not in my tastes anymore, but it is what made me into the dorky otaku I am now--that may not be a good thing.

14. toao

toao the one and only

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    My absolute first would be Pokémon, but since that is one of the standart answers, I'll go with my second, Fairy Tail.

I was on a forum before this one, and I pretty much had something against anime. But nearly everyone seemed so hyped about it, I just was like "know what, I'll just try it, maybe it's better than I think it is". So I went with Fairy Tail, since that was, I think, the most popular one on the forum. I guess I did a stupid thing, and watched the movie first, before srarting the real show, but I loved it so much that I wanted to watch Fairy Tail in its entirety.

Though you could say that Bleach was actually my first, as a good friend of me sent me a link to an episode somewhere in the middle of the show. It's needless to say that I didn't understand it and didn't like it either. I've tried Bleach again, a little while back, though I stopped watching it, as it isn't really my thing.

15. A Wild Morgan Freeman

PokéPoints:
    ₽49.1
    My first ever anime was Death Note. To be honest, I don't remember much about it. I remember being very confused, though.

16. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I can't really be sure anymore, it's between Dragon Ball, Pokémon, and Yu-gi-oh! for me. They all used to come up on 4kids back in the day on Saturday mornings, so the line up really made me watch the shows really often. Those are my first animes, but I don't really know what really was first anymore.

Yoppopopoy likes this.
  17. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    My first anime was either Pokémon or Zatch Bell. When I was younger I would watch them both on Cartoon Network's Miguzi and they were both really great animes to start with.

Pokémon is still going strong today, but Zatch Bell died down a while ago since the last 50 or so episodes were never dubbed in English. Still, it lasted for over 100 episodes and I still go back and re-watch some of them for nostalgic reasons. I don't really watch Pokémon anymore or keep up with the latest episodes, but I do enjoy seeing clips of old episodes here and there also for the nostalgia.

My favorite thing about the Pokémon Anime were the Pokémon Contests. I remember really liking Ash's journey in Hoenn with Brock, Max, and May and loving the Contest episodes with May competing. The characters were also really neat and had amazing hairstyles. Harley creeped me out, but he was hilarious. My favorite character was probably Anabel in the anime because of how mysterious she was and also the fact that she is a extremely humble, a psychic master, can speak with Pokémon telepathically, and is a Battle Frontier Brain.

With Zatch Bell, my favorite thing were the Mamodo Characters and their spells. I would always love memorizing all of the spells in the anime and repeating them with the echo the Book owners had. Some of the Mamodo were SO KAWAII, I mean just look at this cutie!
    [​IMG]

All of the Mamodo had such unique designs and personalities that made every new episode be just as exciting and action packed as they last. With a new mamodo meant new spells, a new backstory, and more sweet details that flow with the plot. For an action packed and somewhat dark anime, Zatch Bell was also really kid friendly and fun to watch. It also taught me a lot of important things about teamwork and friendship.

Yoppopopoy likes this.
  18. Yoppopopoy

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    This is ironic because I actually recently watched Zatch Bell for nostalgic purposes also! I think I stopped at either 104 or 105 because I couldn't watch the other episodes in English. Zatch Bell used to be one of my favorite shows as a child; Toonami aired it on Cartoon Network. The show discontinued sadly, so that explains the situation with the last 50 or so episodes.

My favorite mamodo from the show is Ponygon A.K.A. Schneider. =)

Bubbles likes this.
  19. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    The first manga that I ever read was Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team back in elementary school. It was really short, but I liked it a ton at the time and wish I knew what happened to my copy; it was most likely thrown out by mistake when we moved out of the state. I had been drawn to it in the first place because I was happy to see a PMD-based manga while I'd still been a huge fan, and wished there'd been a sequel to the story.

20. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    My first anime? Well, I guess it's Pokémon. After that come Bakugan, Inazuma Eleven (the original series episode 1-26) and Dinosaur King. I also vaguely remember watching Danball and Yu-Gi-Oh!, but at that time, I didn't know what it was called. I just really liked the art style and the story behind everything :D
    The first time I watched anime while knowing that it wasn't a cartoon, was when I watched Kuroko No Basket.

I have one copy of a Pokémon manga. I would love to buy some more, but the shop I bought it in is located in Amsterdam, and I'm not the kind of person to just go shopping there (plus, my friend has the adress, I don't XD). I would love to buy some more when I'm in Amsterdam again, but the previous one cost me 11 euros (no idea how many dollars that are), and for someone who works only 4 hours a week, I find that a bit expensive :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.