1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What's your first gaming experience?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Halcyon Storm, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    We all have to start somewhere, right? Doesn't matter if you were 3 years old, or 23... there's always one game that began the trend. Was it a game you yourself owned, or was it just that rare occasion you were at a friend's house where you could play? And what game was it? What is the moment that made you decide you wanted more of those sweet, sweet games?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,460.6
    Again, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The amazingness of the game did it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    My first time gaming was Pokémon Stadium or 007 Golden Eye, my cousin had an N64 and we would go to her house a lot when we were little so we could play here and there.

4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Well, I'll be blunt. It was my mom and brother that got me into gaming. I was scared to try them at first (Trying new things was like pulling teeth out when I was younger; still kind of a habit now), but then they forced me to play CTR: Crash Team Racing for the PlayStation. And I had fun with it. Then I started playing Spyro the Dragon by myself. I had fun with that too.

I've been addicted ever since.

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I was invited to a friend's house and he had a Sega system with 2 controllers, I think to play with his younger sibling. With him, I played the first video game I've ever played: Sonic the Hedgehog 2, in the 2-player mode. I was 2P, so therefore I controlled Tails (who we both thought was named Chaos, but you can't really blame us), and I didn't do so well.

It had no formative experience on my video game history whatsoever, so I apologise if I got your hopes up in any way.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,631.2
    The earliest game I remember playing is Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES, a collection of Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Bros 3. I was, at most, five when we got it.
    My friend and I would play it together a lot (mostly SMB3), and we would both always want to play Luigi. He was the guest, so I would let him play Luigi and I would play Mario, and eventually I grew to like Mario more than Luigi because of that.

7. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I have a few old games that I don't remember the names of, most were kids games. But besides those the ones that I definitely remember playing on my parent's old pc inlcude Rayman 2, Lemmings and a Disney art game.

8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    When I was around 5-6..I was given a playstation one and a copy of Rugrats in Paris. The game that got me was Spyro the Dragon, which I got when I was 6-8.
    I played Spryo 1 and 2, Rugrats in Paris, Tigger's Hunny Hunt, and Crash Bandicoot a lot with my first game system.

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I think I was three and started playing Tetris on the Gameboy? Somewhere along that line at least. I sucked, but it was fun.

10. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I went to my cousin's house with my family for the holidays, and they had a PS and PS2. I remember playing a lot of Harvest Moon : Save The Homeland and Innocent Life.

11. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Yache Berry ★★Amulet Coin ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    My first game experience was playing Tekken with my dad on PS1. It's a vague memory in my head, and I always thought StarFox 64 was my first game.

12. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    My first game would be the first Crash Bandicoot. I got frustrated but enjoyed it overall... Until I tried to eat the disk. I was a stupid kid alright! D;

13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My first gaming experience was probably Sonic for one of the Sega systems, my grandpa used to have a massive collection of Sega games that my brother and I played together with our uncle. My uncle also had a N64 and I remember playing on it a lot when visiting him. The first game I actually owned on my own was The Smurfs for the GameBoy and I remember spending hours trying to get through the game, kid me sucked at video games doing the GameBoy era.

14. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I was so young when I started playing but it was either sonic or Pokémon! I remember being around 4-5 and playing them non-stop! Definitely the two games that define my childhood.

15. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Mine was Pokémon Blue. It was my brother's game originally and he gave it to me as a birthday present. I pretty much learned how to read by playing Pokémon.

16. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    My first was sonic 2 for the genesis :)

17. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    [​IMG]

The classic many people my age can remember. I started with Mario Bros. in the mid 1990s when I was 4-6. I can barely remember things that happened just a few years ago, yet I still have memories playing this game with my grandparents as a kid. It was so much fun and I'm very thankful to Mario for bringing us a bit closer together and introducing me to video games. =)

18. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    When I was younger I didn't have video games. However, my mom kept a game-boy color in the car and allowed me and my siblings to play on long car rides. I ended up playing Pokémon Gold during most of the car rides. I also had Super Mario Bros. Deluxe but I played Pokémon far more. One of my fondest memories was trying to get my Nidorino to evolve through level up. It took me 15 years before I finally figured out that I needed a moon stone. Though it wasn't all bad, Nidorino became the strongest Pokémon on my team.

19. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    if i remember correctly, it was either sonic mega collection or sonic adventure 2 battle for the gamecube. they're both games that are near and dear to my heart and started my obsession with the sonic series haha.

20. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Someone's a fan of Antisepticeye... ^_^;;;

Anyway, one of my earliest memories is playing this odd game called "Oil Barons" for the Commodore 64, though it also had a physical component to it... to be honest, I remember being bored by it.