1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What's your most devastating save file loss?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Poffin, Apr 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Most people have at least one game save file that was lost to something, be it theft, hardware/software failure, accidentally overwriting a save, etc. What is yours?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Hmmm, probably my Valkyria Chronicles 2 save file, it got corrupted along with a few others when my PSP had an issue and required formatting to fix it but some save files couldn't be saved sadly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I was really fond of trying out cheat codes on Pokémon games a few years back. I messed up a code on Pearl and lost 200+ hours, several lv 100s, and legendaries from older games (such as S/E/FR, as well as trades- including a temporary trade- from friends and family.) :c
    I haven't touched cheat codes in main series Pokémon games (besides roms) since.

4. DoctorAlakazam

DoctorAlakazam Contributor

First Try :]
    (Chansey)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,471.0
    Helix Fossil ★★★
    So my PS4 Potatod on me and long story short I lost 43% completion on Spider-Man and about 7 hours of Detroit Become Human

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    When my previous computer died last year, it took all of my save files for Mass Effect 1 & 2, as well as KotOR 1 & 2. Files I spent a LONG time working on, harvesting information from, shaping theories around. Very devastating...

Absolute Zero likes this.
  6. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    When my copy of Pokémon X refused to work in my 3DS. Not only was it a nightmare sending it off to Nintendo to fix - they didn't, they had the audacity to try and charge me £40 for a replacement copy - but I lost pretty much my entire childhood, as I'd transferred Pokémon from as early back as my original Ruby file onto it, as well as event Pokémon that I'd been out to get, stuff I'd actually bothered to EV train, shinies, and gifts. All of it, gone.

Needless to say, I was not happy.

7. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    My Terraria file and Terraria in general. I had gotten it from my brother as a birthday gift and had a very powerful account that was already in hard mode. Them my computer crashed and refused to open back so not only did I lose that main game I also lost all the other for fun accounts I had also. My brother also lost all of his accounts in it including several powerful characters. Not only that but because my computer refused to work I lost lots of other stuff like unfinished wips, files, family photos and others

8. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    My entire Dragon's Dogma save file because my brother messed around with the games.
    I was nearly done when my brother asked if he could play it so I went "yeah, as long as you use your profile" after that I came home and he'd done...I don't know what to the game and I lost my file and had to restart. =(

9. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I deleted my 250 hour save file on Pokémon Black because of a replay. A few years later, I exchanged the game for something else and rebought it not long ago. I really need to quit selling games I like for new ones.

My old computer stopped working, resulting in my 5 Undertale playthroughs wiped from existence. The same computer contained my old copy of Minecraft, which I forgot to migrate once Mojang changed their account system. A good four years worth of building gone.

10. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I was playing a Pokémon Platinum rom with my youngest sister, who I was trying to get interested in Pokémon. We got pretty far, and with Infernape, the 6th gym was easy. Unfortunately, after that, the rom completely wiped all the data from the game. Not only was I super angry (a rom of Emerald reset on me as well, and I also got pretty far), but also my sister gave up on playing Pokémon.

11. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Something that bummed me out and caused me to put down GTAV was when I spent time reading guides and wikis and I invested money in a stock in the story mode and the stock glitch happened and I lost all my money. I guess I understood stuff wrong so I went to sleep in game thinking a wake up would overwrite the glitch. Long story short, it did not and I guess I lost all my money (which wasn't a lot but seriously?). I eventually just stopped playing cause the last save file in the game became the one where I had no money lol

12. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    A weird one for me was my first completed save of NieR Automata, which is, well, you know how it goes. I was planning on doing everything in that save, and actually had done about everything but max out all my weapons and fight that one superboss. And then you know how it goes with NieR Automata, I now don't have that save.

The weird thing is... later on I did start a new fresh save again, did everything including maxing out weapons and fighting the superboss, and when I lost that file, it was easier that time. It actually felt kind of nice, releasing it and my obsession with grinding in it as an extinguished flame releases a pillar of smoke to heaven.

13. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Wasn't my own, I deleted a challenge run my bf had of Final Fantasy Tactics (ramza only challenge). I felt terrible, he had so much time on it.

14. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    In order of least to most painful

• Several early game MHP3rd saves on emulator.
    • A borderlands 2 save about to hit level 20
    • A 100% castlevania symphony of the night save
    • A 100% no more heroes 2 save
    • A ng+4 dark souls 1 save
    • A Pokémon emerald save with plenty of shinys and post elite 4 that had 300 hours in.