1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

When creating works of art/ literature, quiet or noise?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Pory-ZPlayz, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I love to draw with music! Whatever I'm into at the time, or if it's fanart (which it usually is), the soundtrack for something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Thundawave

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽132.8
    I prefer to do my art with either music or no noise. Having other external noise around me makes me lose concentration.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Hm... how to explain this.

Some people, in order to concentrate more on their art/writing, do better with music playing in the background. Some others do so with absolute silence with no distractions whatsoever.

What about you guys? What do you do to feel at your most creative, so to speak?

4. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I believe there was a thread similar to this where I said I almost always write and draw with music, it feeds my affinity for multitasking and keeps me entertained and engaged. Looking at other people's work always helps me, too. I find myself most interested in drawing after I've browsed DeviantART or the art section here, and a similar thing occurs with writing. I also work harder if I have something to eat or drink that I can snack on.

5. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I like to be at my desk, I can't really imagine doing art anywhere else. I find it hard to concentrate if I have a playlist of music going, but if I just listen to one song on loop then it helps me to focus on what I'm doing. I can't listen do music while studying or writing though, so it's something that only really helps me with art.

6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Crazy is this is, I am actually the most productive when I'm writing if I'm watching a tv show at the same time. Anything that's not a cartoon will do, though I seem to lean more towards cooking competition shows and crime solving dramas. I think it's because if I'm watching something I won't get distracted by an interesting story I may have open at the time. Music works too, but tv shows last longer.

7. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I usually do all my writing/reading while listening to music without lyrics. Once example of this is some random music I listen to is 'Voidfish (plural)'. There's no lyrics and I can concentrate on my task instead of singing to a song.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I like drawing while sitting on my bed or lounge. Never been a fan of drawing at desks tbh. Hurts my back having to lean over (I don't have any of those artist desk things).
    I prefer listening to music while I draw too, and usually I pick a genre that fits in with the theme of the art I'm drawing (eg. If I'm drawing something that's more trippy and weird I'll throw on some 60s psychedelic rock, or sometimes even stoner hard rock/metal).

9. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    My desk, with a pillow under my arms and ambient music playing in my headphones. Zen zen and more zen. B)

10. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    For me, it has to be quiet for me to really focus if I'm doing writing. Sometimes music helps, but more often than not it becomes distracting depending on the song, so I just don't end up playing music at all.

11. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    I normally listen to music while I'm writing, mostly video game music. At this point, I have a YT playlist that's 220 some videos long of just video game music...

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I work in any environment. But if it's TOO loud, then I get annoyed. I usually go quiet, unless I'm working on a video game book, in which I play the background music from whatever I'm writing about.

13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I write a lot better in the quiet, with no distractions. Though, when drawing, I prefer to listen to music in the background.

14. Sylphiel

Sylphiel Swimmer

Volcanion Egg
    (Volcanion Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽568.2
    I need some kind of noise...it could be the TV in the background or it could be music through my headphones. I just get uncomfortable lately with silence and if I'm uncomfortable, then I'm definitely not going to be able to work on much.

Also, some kinds of music definitely get my creativity going. :D Often it's video game music. I used to have a playlist of FF music that I swear worked wonders to get me writing or drawing.

15. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    I need to keep my mind stimulated, so noise

16. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I enjoy listening to classical music while I work. Very relaxing and makes it so I don't get to distracted with my own thoughts.

17. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I need music/noise constantly-drawing or not. If there is no background noise whatsoever my mind wanders off to a point of no return, hindering work. Music keeps me at least a bit aware of my surroundings as part of my mind focuses on the sound. Don't know when or how that started, but that's how life has been for a few years now.

18. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Most people I know like to draw or write with music or some sort of sound in the background, but as someone who cannot multitask for her life (and gets distracted very easily) I need absolute silence. Otherwise I can't focus on what I'm doing...this goes for pretty much anything though lol. Silence is golden. <3

19. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I try to do stuff with noise in the background sometimes, but I'm not sure why. Noise is a distraction for me that makes it harder for me to work on whatever I'm working on, yet somehow I keep forgetting that.

20. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Music is absolutely essential for me when writing. I genuinely cannot get into the right vibe without suitable background music playing. Epic battle music for a fight scene; mysterious tunes for a mystical forest, or a sad lamentation when writing about grief: it all helps me immensely to get into the right mindset, and find the right words needed to fit the scene.