1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

When Florges comes in clutch (UU)

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Green, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green

Green Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    As some of you guys may know, I'm "new" to the community, and I've recently gotten back into showdown. I love the UU tier, so that's where I play. Today I was trying to get Elo for UU, so I started playing random matches and I found this guy. And then right when I thought I was gonna lose, Florges came in clutch. Florges is my new favorite Pokémon from Gen6!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-349177465

I would also appreciate any tips you can give to me to improve my prediction skills, I've kinda fallen out of the meta. Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I haven't played competitive battling seriously in a long time, so I don't know how useful this would be.

The only thing I can say is that on Turn 30, you could have predicted that your opponent would switch to Crobat since he already knows you have Sludge Bomb. You could have switched to your Sceptile at that turn instead. If you did that, then you could have kept Tentacruel, who has an advantage against Florges.

But overall, I think your battle was fine. Losing Tentacruel was probably your only problem in that battle.

I happen to like Florges a lot too, and I use it with the same moves that guy does (it's actually the standard Smogon Florges set). I think it would be good if you had it on your team. It's very useful for supporting your other Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Green

Green Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I was the player with the Florges Cx

4. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Nice, man! I thought for sure you wouldn't live when Florges got knocked down to 2% :o

Just looking quickly, I'd recommend replacing Flare Blitz on your Entei with Sacred Fire. You don't sacrifice much power, you have no recoil damage, and you get that nice 30% chance of burning your enemy. Only downsides are the 85% accuracy and the fact that showdown will make you have an adamant nature, though I can understand if that makes you not want to use it.

Pitmore likes this.
  5. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Can't really say anything that the rest haven't said, but Crobat doesn't really fit on that team IMO. Maybe replace it with a cleaner such as Snorlax? Snorlax is a great Cleaner for balanced teams and appreciates and give suppoer to and from all of the team.

But good job! That was a cool battle!

6. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Oh gosh hahaha, I got confused cuz I watched the battle from the other side hahaha. Good job then. xD

7. Green

Green Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Might try that out, and I agree that Crobat doesn't really fit because I couldn't really find a way to use it while I was using that team. I was thinking I could use it as a cleaner because it's fast and strong, but that didn't really work out. Thanks!

Well, Shiny Entei is cool and all, but you're right. Sacred Fire would probably be the better pick. The only problem with that is the Entei I was running was banded. Regardless, I should probably replace that move because it makes Entei take a lot of Recoil. Maybe I'll end up adding a wish passer. IDK.

EDIT: My Entei already carries sacred fire as well. I just need to learn how to use it better.

Don't blame you, don't know why Showdown does that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.