1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Where does your inspiration come from?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Beffie, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Music is definitely a huge source of inspiration for me. Pandora's great for that since it will just play whatever's similar to the music you like and will sometimes play something new.

I took a writing class last semester and for part of it, we tried keeping journals filled with triggers. That kind of fell through and wasn't really my thing, but I can see how it could work for someone else. Just carry around a small notebook that can fit in your pocket and write down anything you see when out and about that interests you. A name on a street sign, a person wearing a weird hat, etc.

There's this thing I do for drawing from time to time where I'll just close my eyes and scribble on a piece of paper. After that I try to see pictures in the patterns created by the scribblings and make a picture based on it. I used this to come up with an idea for a picture book that was the centerpiece of my portfolio back in my senior year of high school. This actually works better with paint in my experience, especially watercolors, but it works okay on digital art programs too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    My inspiration usually comes from music, sometimes everyday events and of course, the internet XD But really, other artists can inspire me to create better stuff than before (although whether that intention gets executed or not is not guaranteed).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Writer4fun

PokéPoints:
    ₽62.4
    My motivation is to use the Pokémon universes to write things other than adventures or at least add some depth to an adventure. Also, the idea that I can write a story that is just as good or better with similar characters and actually complete the story. Like, I love a lot of fics that are clearly abandoned so instead of moaning I wrote my own fics. I have 3 one shots, 1 completed fic that's 33,000 words, and 1 completed fic that's 306,000 words. Just started another fic that's looking to be over 100,000 words based on how much of a plot I have. Not the most fuzzy way, but that was what got me started.

4. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    A lot of people seem to be saying that music is their inspiration but my inspiration is...my crazy train of thought. Sometimes, I won't even know where my inspiration came from because I just kept thinking and jumping from topic to topic inside my head, until I say "hey! That could be a plot idea!" That's when my train of thought actually settles down and I can start writing down the details of my plot.