1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Which controller do you use for the Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wizard, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Fish Husbando

Shiny Chu
    (Alolan Pikachu)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽955.7
    I've owned my Switch for nearly two weeks, and I have been fascinated by the Nintendo joycons. I have the special edition Super Smash Bros. controllers, and they are awesome! I love the many functions such as motion controls, attaching to the side of the Switch, being used as individual controllers, and more. I haven't used a pro controller yet, but I'm considering getting one.

How do you like the Joycons? Gimmick or great?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sheinxy

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽739.8
    I usually use the joycon attached to my Switch (mainly because I almost only play in portable mode x3), and I just love it like this, I feel like it's really comfortable to play

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Arod

Arod Dededegree in Trigonometry and Gordo Physics

Venom
    (Seviper)
    Level 93
    PokéPoints:
    ₽104.4
    I just use the system itself.

4. Dawn

Dawn of Christmas

#007 Squirtle
    (Squirtle)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽243.0
    I play exclusively in handheld mode, so it's the Joycons for me. I can't say I mind them as controllers, although I think they're disgustingly expensive by themselves and I would NEVER use them detached or with that godawful dock that Nintendo supplied with the Switch. That thing is easily their most uncomfortable and awkward design ever - in fact, outside of the original Xbox controller it's the worst official controller I've ever handled - and using them detached feels weird.

I do have a Pro Controller but as I never use my Switch docked, I tend to use that for Steam games. xD

5. ChocoChicken

ChocoChicken A Screaming Chicken

E G G 6.0
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I love the Joy-Cons! I use them as individual controllers to play Star Allies with friends. When playing singleplayer like Splatoon, there's a... thing... that you slide both into to mimic a Pro Controller. I'm not familiar with Nintendo terminology...

6. Sheep

Sheep Super Moderator

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽841.6
    Joycons in handheld mode also! No plans to play in docked mode since I enjoy handheld....and don't have a TV screen, haha. It's comfortable, though it does tend to get a bit heavy to hold the Switch for extended periods.

7. Hraesvelgr

Naska
    (Totodile)
    Level 77
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,784.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've only played in handheld mode so far because I like being able to just lie down and be a total zombie while playing.