1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Which controller do you use for the Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wizard, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    I've owned my Switch for nearly two weeks, and I have been fascinated by the Nintendo joycons. I have the special edition Super Smash Bros. controllers, and they are awesome! I love the many functions such as motion controls, attaching to the side of the Switch, being used as individual controllers, and more. I haven't used a pro controller yet, but I'm considering getting one.

How do you like the Joycons? Gimmick or great?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    I usually use the joycon attached to my Switch (mainly because I almost only play in portable mode x3), and I just love it like this, I feel like it's really comfortable to play

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I just use the system itself.

4. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I play exclusively in handheld mode, so it's the Joycons for me. I can't say I mind them as controllers, although I think they're disgustingly expensive by themselves and I would NEVER use them detached or with that godawful dock that Nintendo supplied with the Switch. That thing is easily their most uncomfortable and awkward design ever - in fact, outside of the original Xbox controller it's the worst official controller I've ever handled - and using them detached feels weird.

I do have a Pro Controller but as I never use my Switch docked, I tend to use that for Steam games. xD

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I love the Joy-Cons! I use them as individual controllers to play Star Allies with friends. When playing singleplayer like Splatoon, there's a... thing... that you slide both into to mimic a Pro Controller. I'm not familiar with Nintendo terminology...

6. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Joycons in handheld mode also! No plans to play in docked mode since I enjoy handheld....and don't have a TV screen, haha. It's comfortable, though it does tend to get a bit heavy to hold the Switch for extended periods.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've only played in handheld mode so far because I like being able to just lie down and be a total zombie while playing.

8. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I find the Switch too bulky by itself, so I almost exclusively use it docked. Ever since I got the Pro Controller, I’ve never gone back. It’s the most comfortable I’ve ever used. No doubt.

9. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I got a pro controller and it’s SOOOOOO much nicer than using the joy cons. I still have a soft spot for the handheld but the fact that the pro is a proper controller is just so nice.

10. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    No TV
    Handheld only
    Final Destination

Vaquero likes this.