1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Which kinds of Pokémon video games are commercial failures? Why?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by ThomasP, Jan 17, 2022.

1. ThomasP

ThomasP PKMN Breeder

Eelie
    (Tynamo)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,408.7
    What's up, guys? I'm just wanting to know which kinds of Pokémon video games you think are commercial failures? Why? Please let me know, thanks.:)

2. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    None. Pokémon on a bad day makes millions on brand name alone. Main series makes tens of millions every time regardless of quality.

3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    One of the lowest rated games of all time from the Pokémon catalog Hey you pikachu still sold 1,830,000 copies. So yeah none honestly, closest thing would be their small mobile apps that are barely games so it doesnt really count? Honestly they end up with good download amounts anyway so still a success.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I noticed that some spin-offs do not get mentioned often after their release. Not saying that means they're a failure (it IS Pokémon after all), but you hear more about Pokémon Ranger and Mystery Dungeon than the Conquests and the Dashes of spin-offs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...