1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Which New XY Pokemon is the Best Competitively?

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Pitmore, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    inb4 shitpost upon shitpost about Xarneas

Now, I'm not talking about which is the most OP, that would go to SatanStag. No, I'm talking abut a Pokémon who has its flaws but also has its plus' and can define a metagame to think of new tings but not dominate it.

In my opinion, Dragalage does this well in UU. With no speed to back it up, it relies on its bulk to beat a lot of Pokémon and with Mamoswine around, it can never do such a thing thanks to its pitiful physical defenses. However. Catch a foe off guard with a Dragalage and its Typing comes into a league of its own, its Raw Power with adaptability hits impossibly hard and it forces so many switches, every team requires a special wall, more of then than not, Empoleon.

So what Pokémon struck you as a competitive beast when you went into XY? What Pokémon has surprised you?
    Tell me!

TELL ME!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Avalugg was great for me when x and y first came out. He was capable of destroying every mega kangaskhan I fought due to the fact I ran rocky helmet. Even with sturdy, the curse of low special defense took him down a few tiers. That and his moveset was rather low. All in all, a bulky defense ice type was a cool idea. If only his special defense was there as well.

Not that he's gen6, but a surprise for me is how fricking annoying clefable has become. The defensive typing, stats, and ability is just a huge pain up the rear.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Talonflame comes to mind at once when you think of X/Y Pokémon.
    It's too OP as it stands in the OU tier, and the fire/flying bird is a real threat to all who oppose it.
    Brave Bird on that thing+a sharp beak= OHKO.

4. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Diancie, seriously Diancie is really good at times. Especially when you make a prediction like using HP fire on a Scizor after Mega evolution. With Magic Bounce it can shut down support Pokémon like nothing as well, and it kills Talonflame nicely. The only thing I don't like is the fact that it doesn't learn Power Gem.

Talonflame surprised me though. I figured it would be UU, but nope OU. Perhaps one of the most annoying Pokémon in OU if you ask me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.