1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Which Peanut Butter is the Best?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cadbberry, Mar 22, 2018.

?

Which Peanut Butter is the best?

1. Chunky

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Creamy/Smooth

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  3. Organic/Natural

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Alternative Nut Butters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    There are a few kinds of peanut butter, you have all natural, chunky, creamy/smooth. Which kind of peanut butter, or by extension, nut butter, do you prefer?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Option E: Peanut butter is gross.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    ^^^^ This. I hate peanut butter, no matter what type it is. I really hate the way it tastes.

#3 Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ !! i don’t like it ;;

5. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    All three are valid opinions of peanut butter, but then I would like to ask, what do you put in your PB&J? Jam sandwiches are not tasty

6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I’ve never had anything other than the smooth/creamy peanut butter.

FireSpartan5 and Cadbberry like this.
  7. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    We usually get the natural ones, mom likes to try to be 'healthy', but creamy is where it is at!

awney likes this.
  8. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I feel like PB&J is a very American thing, I've honestly never seen anyone eat it here, so uhhhhhh idk I've never been exposed tot that situation

Cadbberry likes this.
  9. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    ^ same! i like jam sandwiches though :o

10. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I've tried all of theese peanut butters (exept organic), and I have to say that Smooth/Creamy is my favorite. I personally love peanut butter, can't really get enough of it. When I was a kid, I used to grab a spoonfull of peanut butter and just eat it (not all at one obviously, little by little).

11. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Huh. I've always heard that PB&J are the 'American Sandwiches', interesting to see that it's fairly true.
    I haven't had a PB&J (or anything really needing PB.)for a long time, however me and dad are 'Smooth and Creamy' people. I'm not fond of nuts, they tend to hurt my teeth.
    When I think of Peanut Butter, I often think of mom. She used to eat huge spoonfuls of the stuff daily.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  12. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    hello i love peanut butter a lot

For me, my family's a smooth and creamy household. The texture of peanuts is just really offsetting for me and having pieces in there is really evil. Though in elementary school we used to have soybutter and jelly sandwiches (nut-free school or something) and I really didn't taste a difference so I think I would also be fine with other nut butters.

Never knew PB&J was an American thing, though. But is cinnamon toast too? When I was younger, putting peanut butter, cinnamon, and honey on a slice of toast was a thing... yum.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  13. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    JIF crunchy peanut butter. Only had it once, but I still like it the most.

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I kind of go back and forth between chunky and creamy. They're both good for different reasons. And organic anything generally tastes better, but tends to be more expensive.

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have a very lengthy and thorough opinion regarding my stance of peanut butter. I would like to begin that people who don't like peanut butter generally do not eat jam either.

When I was a child, I absolutely loved the stuff, though I have to admit it was in the context of my mother fixing the occasional peanut-butter-and-jam sandwich to take to school with me. (Yes, jam, not jelly. You can use jelly in said sandwiches, but it doesn't work very well at all.) As I've gotten older, I still like it on occasion, but not as much as I used to. Rather than eating the two things in sandwiches, I spread them on toast.

I don't like peanut butter by itself at all, as it tastes very strange, and is gooey with the tendency to remain in my mouth unless I rinse afterwards - hence the jam to make it go down easier. The only time I'll fix myself one of the sandwiches is if I'm going to be out all day (or multiple days) and need some emergency food to bring along with me; eating one of those will last me for about 4 to 6 hours (due to peanut butter's high protein content). It's not something I make a habit out of, however - it's done due to necessity.

I also don't believe that those sandwiches are strictly a regional thing. I've been to many places in the world and nowhere does it appear that the sandwiches are common in some places more than others.

If I'm going to answer the original question as given, I'd opt for the creamy kind. Chunks in peanut butter is just disgusting; they taste bad and don't do spreading any favours. I have also heard that there are certain peanut butter types that are salted, and I find the idea of such disgusting. (This might be because I'm sensitive to added salt in food, and I don't like the taste at all.)

I did try almond butter once upon suggestion, and while it was a weird acquired taste I did grow to like it, but I switched back because (1) I didn't like it that much, (2) it was incredibly runny and thus hard to spread, but most importantly (3) it was twice the price of peanut butter. Seriously, that's ridiculous.

And while we're on the topic, I'll close off my post by stating that peanut butter with celery is an abomination. Whoever thought that combination would be a good idea?

16. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Creamy and chunky are both awesome! As for the J part, always jelly - grape, strawberry, and apple are the best flavours, though.

17. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    A'ight, who said chunky. I'm not mad, I just wanna know.

Smooth of course.

FireSpartan5 and Rezna like this.
  18. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Creamy is my preference. Chunky is fine but the dichotomy between the nuts and the peanut butter isn't my favorite. Strawberry jelly is my favorite pairing to go with it.

I should eat more of these sandwiches.

19. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    i did Anyways, what is your favorite brand though?

20. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    GUYS! GUYS! I HAVE SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE! SRS BSNS!

Okay, so in the hopsital where I work, the cafeteria sometimes sells jars of peanut butter that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. It's called Good Spread and they sell it in two varieties:

1: Peanut butter with honey and little bits of dehydrated banana in it. Peanut butter + honey = good ; peanut butter + banana = great ; peanut butter + honey + banana = BBFFFWWOOOOOM fantastic!
    2: Peanut butter with chocolate (so pretty much Nutella) with broken pretzel sticks all up in it! It's like Reese's plus salted chocolate plus pretzels, all awespme flavors all in one jar, I could (I did) eat this with a spoon!

They both spread pretty easily, are organic, get most/all of their ingredients fair-trade and from family-owned farms, and part of the proceeds go to a the Mana charity that helps feed children in struggling communities, so this stuff is like, the best stuff ever. Seriously, I'll never voluntarily consume Jif or whatever again in my life. It's all about Good Spread and helping spread good.