1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Which Pokemon Episode Stood Out the Most?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Hello Lake Valor! The title of this thread says it all. Which Pokémon Episode stood out the most for you?

There are a lot in mind but for now, I'll have to say the episodes with N and Reshiram from Pokémon Black and White: Adventures in Unova. I really love N and seeing him in an anime was a dream come true. N also appeared in the end credits of Pokémon Genesect and the Legend Awakened.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    I'm going to have to go with Season 1 Episode 39, also known as "Pikachu's Goodbye." When I first watched this, I wasn't a huge fan of the anime Pikachu (I still am not too much of a fan), but when Ash attempted to separate himself from Pikachu, it just hit me hard, and I honestly don't know why. As a teenager, I might have actually shed a tear or two, it's just the emotional bond that the two shared got right to me. When I think about my fav Pokémon episode, I tend to think back to this one sometimes, just because of how different it is from most episodes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    There are two that stand out to me for different reasons.

The first isn't really that great of a reason, but think back to the first season, there was an episode mostly/entirely at Bill's lighthouse when the gang did whatever to save the day et cetera, then at the conclusion of the episode, Ash, Brock, Misty, and maybe Bill take turns directly staring into the camera and talking like it's a PSA. "Remember to always take care of your Pokémon and treat them as your friends" and all that. It didn't make a huge emotional impact on me, it was just the uncanny talking-to-the-camera nature of it.

The other one... there was an episode near there that dealt a lot with James' backstory. Pampered rich kid, had a pet/friend Growlithe with whom he was besties, but his parents didn't like the idea of him having a not-fancy Pokémon like that. So they had to separate, or he defied his parents' wishes, or something like that. That episode made an impact on me for a while, but with my emotional development today, I'd probably just say "That's an admirable thing for James to do. I'm proud of him." and move on with my life.

Maybe I should start watching the series again, but whether old episodes or new, I get the feeling I wouldn't last long.

4. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    The Pokémon episode that stood out the most for me was Grass Menace (I don't know if that's the actual name), an episode in the Hoenn arc. It's the one in which May got her Bulbasaur. It's pretty much the only episode I really remember. When I first saw it as a little kid, I cried tears of happiness at the end. I rewatched it many years later and it still got to me...
    I guess I can say all I want about the Pokémon anime and Ash, but there are some damn good episodes in there.

5. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    The one that comes to mind immediately is the one where Mismagius hypnotizes the gang to think all their dreams are coming true (becoming a Pokémon Master, Top Coordinator, getting the girls) only to turn it into one big and creepy nightmare, that was something. Also the one with that fucking creepy ghost girl and the Dusknoir, that was some nightmare fuel when I was younger. Other episodes I fondly remember are the one with Golduck, the Gary vs Giovanni battle, and the Ash vs Dragonite man episodes, those were all amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.