1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Which Pokemon would you recommend for my Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon teams?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by FifiandFurrball4ever, Dec 9, 2017.

1. FifiandFurrball4ever

Legendary Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽167.7
    Just so you know, I will be starting at some point after Christmas so Ash-Pikachu is out.

#1 Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Furfrou. That thing can be a monster with silk scarf against opponents with physical moves who aren't ghost type. And for the ghost types, I think it can learn Bite.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    BraviaryScout likes this.
  3. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Like what Squidy said, Furfrou takes physical hits like a boss.

I found that getting a Caterpie and evolving it into a Butterfree works really well too for the early game. Of course around Akala Island, it'll start losing its effectiveness, but having early access to Gust, Confusion, Stun Spore and Silver Wind make it a fantastic start to taking on a variety of types. It's fairly fast too.

I used Butterfree against Hala and it took out two of his three Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hawlucha is definitely a mainstay on any team in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. There are two ways to get it as early as possible.
    A. Trade a Spearow for it in the northern-most PokeCenter on Melemele.
    B. Catch one over by the eastern-most cliffs later on.

Trust me. Hawlucha is an absolute powerhouse. I had one for most of my entire play-through and it destroyed everything that was weak against it. Definitely consider getting one for your team if you need a fighting or flying type.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  5. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I agree with SnowboundBecca. Hawlucha is a beast. I also recommend an Araquanid if you didn't choose Primarina. Tsareena is also really good if you didn't choose Decidueye. Just be sure to get a special attacker too, as all of the aforementioned Pokémon are all Physical. (Except Primarina, but you get my point.)

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  6. warriorseadra

warriorseadra PKMN Breeder

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽168.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Mawile, because they are adorable. Mimikyu is also really cute. Vulpix would also make a nice addition. Now, if were talking about utility, I found Gyarados to be super helpful. His typing and intimidate was really helpful up until he reach lvl 35 and stopped listening to me. Nuzlock rules sure can be annoying at times...

7. That Weirdd Guy

That Weirdd Guy PKMN Breeder

Buddy
    (Sableye)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Furfrou and Hawlucha a very good reccomendations, Hawlucha in particular is very good throughout the whole entire game. Mudbray comes a little later, but is definitely a powerhouse offensively and defensively with its Stamina ability. Plus how early you get Bulldoze as a move is huge bonus. All in all I would highly reccomend Mudbray for its defensive and offensive power.

8. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Bisharp. Get a Bisharp. Bisharp will prove invaluable in a later part of the game, a certain battle that everyone complains is impossible. However, Bisharp and Golisopod alone were enough to overcome it. I wish you luck. You can find them in the northeast area of the route just outside Po Town, in the dead brown grass.

9. smol kirboi

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽101.5
    what i did was just transfer my Pokémon from my old games to my ultra moon via Pokémon bank
    if you dont have Pokémon bank then a good Pokémon would be munchlax 'cause when you get to akala island you can get the pulverizing pancake z-move which i heard was really strong

10. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    A bit biased, but I found Vikavolt helped a ton in my playthrough. With that insane special attack, it was able to rip through most opponents in one or two hits, and it gets STAB Thunderbolt upon evolving. Just try to evolve it before level 35, where it learns Bug Buzz, or else you'll have to wait until the League to relearn it. Unfortunately its speed is almost crippling, but it has decent defenses.