1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by jetwhiskey, Apr 3, 2013.

?

What Starter would you choose as your first pokemon?

1. Squibulb(Grass) > Cuttlesprout(Grass) > Krakavine(Grass/Fighting)

27.3%
  2. Flarahna(Fire) > Tigriscorch(Fire/Rock) > Blazark(Fire/Steel)

45.5%
  3. Parvacive(Water/Bug) > Crustacnid(Water/Bug) > Scorpeidon(Water/Bug)

54.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    As some of you may know, I've currently been working on a Pokémon game of my own, with a bit of help of course. Since some things are beginning to move forward with it, I thought I'd introduce a little poll into the masses, and see what results I can get from it. There are 3 poll questions...all of which have to do with what Pokémon you would choose. With your selections, it would be much appreciated if you'd post a reason for why you chose the ones you did...this gives me a good idea on what the public opinion is, allowing me to further improve on my work. For question #1, the links to the answers are: Squibulb(Grass) > Cuttlesprout(Grass) > Krakavine(Grass/Fighting)http://i.picasion.co...8fa1476f738.gif Flarahna(Fire) > Tigriscorch(Fire/Rock) > Blazark(Fire/Steel) http://i.picasion.co...25204984df7.gif Parvacive(Water/Bug) > Crustacnid(Water/Bug) > Scorpeidon(Water/Bug) http://i.picasion.co...b486f970483.gif For Q #2, the link is: http://i.picasion.co...692f25b2426.gif And for Q #3: Mingark: The Howling Thunder (Dark/Electric) http://i.picasion.co...7e5937a403c.gif Leoblaze: The Roaring Flame (Dark/Fire) http://i.picasion.co...b9d56954b45.gif Arctilla: The Pounding Ice (Dark/Ice) http://i.picasion.co...fed4031b5eb.gif

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    For the starter I like your water one the best for typing and went with that, although I sort of prefer the fire one design wise. I don't really like your grass one, Grass/Poison has been done to death.

Birds I like the Ice type line. It's a typing I like that isn't common in the least, only 2 Pokémon have it. Also has the most appealing design to me.

I also went with the ice type legendary, I like the idea of a Yeti Pokémon and it sort of reminds me of Umaro from FFVI. I'm neutral towards the electric one and the fire one looks way too much like Entei overall.

3. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Thanks. Yeah, I wanted to do an interesting typing for the water starter, and there's never been a part bug type in the starters, so I went with that. For the fire, I thought it would be cool to make a landshark, and also since my region is located in the middle of a ocean of magma a fire type fish seemed very fitting. I also feel the same about the typing for my grass starter, but I wasn't sure what else I could go with, since grass doesn't mix with much else, and squids produce poisonous oils. Plus Grass/Ground has also been overdone as well, and I wasn't going to make it a basic grass type...although I could change it to a Grass/Fighting type, but I'm not sure how that would work out. Now, the idea behind the birds is that Raveol is partly related to the Legendary Bird Trio, and so it has to the ability to evolve into 3 that slightly resemble them. When I made them, I made sure to look up different types of birds and how they look, and used those designs to resemble their real-world counterparts. As for the legendary trio, I'm glad someone enjoys Arctilla, I was afraid no one would like the big yeti. I favor Mingark, the electric wolf, partly because of it's typing, and I feel that it fits, seeing as a lot of fur creates static. I tried to make Leoblaze stand out on it's own as much as possible, but it didn't work out as well as planned, and yet I didn't use any parts from entei at all, instead I used Raikou for the face. Edit: I ended up deciding to change my grass starter to part fighting instead, seemed more appropriate.

4. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I think the water starter has a neat typing. Only Surskit has this typing and it goes away upon evolution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Thanks, I wanted to make it unique, all the water starters have been sort of amphibious, and none are interesting enough to grab attention of many people, and I thought that there needed to be a crustacean as a starter, and I kinda got the idea from Zoids, and took the color scheme from the Death Stinger. The typing makes it weaker to fire, but stronger to grass, making it a neutral starter in a way.

6. PartyMoustache

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I think the grass starter typing is unfair. It covers it's starting weakness (Grass), while the other two do not.

7. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    How so, it's as fair as the other two. It can still be effected by fire, and by poison, but not by bug. The Fire starter can still be harmed by water, and ground, but not by rock. The Water starter is now stronger against grass types, but is now weaker against rock, flying, and fire types. To me it all seems very fair. I think too many people complain too much about the Grass starters, you guys don't want Grass/Poison, but a Grass/Fighting type squid is far too much. Please tell me what else a Grass type squid could be? Because I'm not doing a single typed starter.

8. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    What you've got is balanced enough for the reasons you gave. But if we're making suggestions, I'd say grass-dark. It gains a weakness to bug and fighting, doubly so for the former, while gaining a resistance to ghost and immunity to psychic. I only suggest it mainly because not many Pokémon have that typing, and it seems to ring true for a ferocious grass squid. Water would be out of the question for a grass starter, and since poison is done to death, dark seems to be the only remaining type that sort of links to its physical form. Just my suggestion, though.

9. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Yeah, I originally thought dark too, but no one else liked the idea. I had asked around, Dark or Fighting, and almost everyone said fighting, because squids don't always lurk in the darkness, like say if you go to the tropics where the waters are clear, and they are aggressive fighters, attacking anything that swims in their waters. I am taking suggestions, and that's exactly why it ended up as a fighting type. It was a good idea, but by the majority I have to go with a grass/fighting type.

10. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    Sounds cool. Maybe one day we'd see a water-poison starter, like a blue-ringed octopus.

11. PartyMoustache

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    ^ That makes so much sense.

12. PrinceNiro

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    ^ It does. Anyways, lol I like these fire evos. If you knew me, I love fire. Fire fire fire. Le prince wants le fire. :)

13. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    ^Well you're in luck, since the region for this game is based underground and surrounded by an ocean of magma, there will be plenty of fire types, as well as a fire type move that allows some Pokémon to surf on the lava.

14. PrinceNiro

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    You got a veteran interested. lol Goodluck on the game. If you ever need help with sprites or ideas, you could always message me. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.