1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Whimsicott's Writing Challenge!

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Shadria, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Whimsicott's Writing Challenge!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Welcome to Whimsicott's Writing Challenge where Team Azure and Team Crimson will be facing off in writing a prompt-directed story so take our your writing pens!
    This is a individual piece event, not a team event but you need Scramble Points for your team which contribute to your team's standing on the leader board!

Rules
    1. No plagiarism of others' works.
    2. Follow all LV rules and guidelines while writing your stories.
    3. 500-300 words per story, please. Reading takes time!
    4. You may discuss your writing with your team members in your Team Hub BUT you have each submit your own work!
    5. Each entry submitted earns the participant 1 Scramble Point for their team stash!
    5. PM any and all questions to me (Shadria) on here or on our Discord server.

Prompt
    Your team has been hunting a Legendary Pokémon for years, practically their life work. Struggle upon struggle has been overcome and finally they found the Mythical beast, but not in the best of health. What would they do?

Prizes
    1st Place - 50 PokePoints + The Contest Winner Medal
    2nd Place - 30 PokePoints
    3rd Place- 10 PokePoints

Due July 15th

Each entry (entry is something that shows credible effort) nets the entrant 1 Scramble Point which is added to your team's stash.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Does this mean 500 words on the dot, or 500 words or less?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    No more than 500 words, minimum of 300 words.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  4. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    Are contractions allowed?

5. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Yes, of course they'll be considered 1 word though.

6. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Do we put it here? If so,
    The creature of forest and time,
    Together we try to find.
    Through jungles and redwood near and far,
    Through daylight, moonlight, and through the dark.

That's how it's been for as long as I can remember. An endless search for the mystical creature. My family tells me it's a tale, my friends tell me it's a tale.

But I'm going to prove them wrong.

"Wake up! Time for breakfast!" I shouted into the tent. Caroli the Lucario could be heard snoring inside. I foraged through one of the supply bags and pulled out two metal pot lids. I skipped to the tent, an evil grin on my face. I stooped inside and slammed the lids together, the loud noise resonating across the clearing. All of the sleeping Pokémon in the tents immediately woke up, letting out growls And squawks. I spun around and barely even flinched at Gage the Gengar creeping behind me. We all swarmed to the cooking pot and ate.

I went over the teams roles in my head again. Caroli was the aura tracker, trained at finding aura trails. Outland the Stoutland was the scent tracker, trained to follow even faint trails. Talaria was the flier, Rhapsode the Sharpedo was the swimmer, Totara the Torracat was the light, trained to make her fire very, very bright, and Gage was the fighter. The one who would weaken it and protect the team. He also had Mean Look so it couldn't get away when they finally saw it.

After we finished, we set on our way. Caroli and Outland leading, Gage behind, and the rest behind. We walked and walked like we always did, and walked, and walked, until night fell.

Totara went up front, her fire bell acting as a flashlight. After awhile, Caroli and Outland halted abruptly, making us bump into them. They signalled a find. My heart raced. Gage and I went Behind Totara and we quietly crept through the forest, Caroli guiding us. We walked into a clearing, and my heart stopped. There was Celebi, on the ground, with a giant gash on its chest. I gasped and ran into the clearing, and knelt down beside it. It whimpered and shuffled backwards, fighting to stay conscious. It stared at me with wide eyes, and I stared back.

In the forest night, the Kricketot singing and the Illumise blinking, the Celebi and I stared into each other's souls. I looked around at the beautiful forest, then back at Celebi. And I understood. It wouldn't be happy with me. I couldn't separate it from this place. I silently took out a max potion, set it in front of the Celebi, and walked past my team and out of the clearing.

And I never saw it again.
    Just a note: All the Pokémon's names are Anagrams of the Pokémon species name (ex. Talaria is an anagram of Altaria, and Talaria means a winged shoe in mythology)

#6 Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  7. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    By team, do you mean the story has to be about something involving Teams Azure/Crimson, or can it be about any organization/individual? I have a few ideas involving evil teams that I think could work.

8. Arctiquaza

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Could mean that, a team of Pokémon, or a small group of people.

9. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Aahh that was a reminant from when it was going to be team-based prompts (IE- Team Crimson had one prompt and Team Azure had another) but yes, it could mean either a group of individuals, villainous team, a trainer and their team of Pokémon, or a group of Pokémon (A la PMD style). ^^'' I'm surprised no one spotted that before it went live.

10. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Alright, here's my story.
    I grew up in a village in a distant region. My mother always told me stories about the powers of legendary Pokémon, and I set out to learn as much as I possibly could about them. Recently, the Tentacool populations near my home have begun poisoning the water supply, from a freshwater river just East of the village. So my brother and I have searched for Suicune for years now, to use its power to purify the waters and prevent any more damage to our region. I have a Master Ball on hand, obtained from… let's just say it wasn't a legal transaction. But it will be worth it once my goal is achieved!

I have encountered the beast before, but could never catch up to it in time. I tracked it to just North of Ecruteak City in Johto, and have been chasing its trail directly for the past two hours. I look back at my brother, Andrew, and continue forward.

I see a slight sparkle in the distance. Gesturing to Andrew to follow, we rush through the forest. We eventually reach a clearing. A sudden wave of comfort comes rushing towards me, even before I see my goal. Suicune is on the ground, with its paw stuck under a tree root.

I scare away some Hoothoot on my way towards the beast. I don't care, I am about to reach my target! But just as I am about to throw the Master Ball at the felled creature, Andrew decided to interrupt.

“Are you sure this is what's best?”

I look at him in shock.

“I meant that it looks severely wounded. It isn't capable of its full strength, and may not wish to come with us in the first place. We can't put it through any more pain for our benefit.”

“So we'll take it to a Pokémon center! I don't see the problem!”

“Fine,” he consented, “But we set it free as soon as it's done. This Pokémon's power is needed elsewhere as well. We can't hoard it to ourselves!”

I scoffed. “Of course it's needed elsewhere. But I think I’ll keep it anyway. Not going to waste a Master Ball by throwing away this opportunity!”

I threw the ball before Andrew could react, picking it up as soon as it clicked.

“We spent years searching for this. I intend to reap the benefits.” Not waiting for his objection, I stoically walked back to Ecruteak.

I kept the beast, but I never saw my brother again. He must have taken a different flight back or something. As for me, Suicune was a useful tool far past our clean up job. I decided to capture every Tentacool in the entire region, and prevent this from happening again. Thirteen years later, there were none left. By then, I’d grown attached to Suicune, and it accompanied me for the rest of my life. I regret that it had to be this way, but the ends justify the means. Right?

Arctiquaza likes this.
  11. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Only Legendaries or Mythicals too?
    Edit: Nevermind I saw Abby used a Mythical.

12. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Yep, here Mythicals and Legendaries can be used.

13. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Alright, here's my short story. It was actually quite dificult metting the 500 word limit.
    I was born and raised in a small town in Sinnoh. Ever since I was a kid, I was always fascinated by those legendary beings, but only one caught my attention. Shaymin. I would always be reading books about them, and one of things that amazes me the most, is the fact that it changes it’s form.

One day, when I finally saved enough money, I decided to take a journey to climb to the top of a mountain. This mountain in particular was rumored to have a field of Gracidea flowers at the top, which is where the Shaymin choose to migrate.

Climbing the mountain itself isn’t an easy feat. There were many reports of travelers who were injured trying to climb to the top. They say that all the travelers were injured due to natural causes, or dangerous wild Pokémon. But that’s not gonna stop me from achieving my goal. I’ve trained a small team of Pokémon for this specific occasion.

While climbing the mountain, something unexpected happened. The earth around me was starting to quake, and rocks were starting to fall from the hills. But after a while, the earthquake seemed to have settled down. With a loud sigh, I continued to follow the path.

But before I could take a step forward, I heard the sounds of a whimper coming from the fallen debris. A wild Pokémon must’ve gotten stuck under it during the earthquake, but being who I am, I wasn’t gonna leave a Pokémon stuck down there.

After clearing the debris, eyes were opened wide in shock. There, under all that rubble, was a injured Shaymin. I was filled with a mix of emotions. In one hand I was so happy that I finally got to see one. In the other hand, it’s injured and it wouldn’t be fair to take advantage of the situation. In the end, I’ve made up my mind. Against it’s wishes, I picked it up, and started carrying it up the mountain, it was confused at first, but it eventually relaxed in my arms.

Eventually, we finally made it to the top, and was awarded by a beautiful field of Gracidea flowers. Immediately, I placed the Shaymin on the ground, and watched it walk up to the flowers. Just then, I saw the shaymin starting to glow. I was so excited, that I didn’t notice I was subconsciously backing up. Just then the earth beneath me gave away, and I began falling off the mountain.

Everything hurt, every rock caused so much pain, but eventually one rock hit the back of my head, knocking me unconscious.

Once I woke up, my whole, my whole body was in pain, and the only thing in front of me was a sky form Shaymin. It looked at me as if it was worried for some reason. Staring at the Pokémon who looked worried for my well being , I said the first thing that came to mind.

“I’m sorry… but what are you?”
    This story is actually 500 words in total, so it's at the word limit.

14. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    When do we have to have these in by? I don't seeing any due dates here.

15. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Whoops, seems we missed that! The date has now been set up, I'm so sorry about that!

16. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Exactly 500 words! Hope this is alright!

She knelt there, her heart telling her to do one thing and her head telling her to another. She could faintly hear her Pokémon’s confused shuffling, but she paid it no mind. All her attention was on the unmoving bundle of bloodied fur by her feet.

Everyone knew of the Mythical Pokémon Mew. It meant different things to different people- A fairytale to one, a god to another, and the list went on and on.

But to Vera, Mew wasn’t just that. Mew was her life's work. She had endured insults and disbelief from all quarters,who looked at her and saw someone who didn’t know when to give up. Dedicated year after year to chasing the elusive Pokémon down with nothing but rumours and folktales to go by, until she knew the Pokémon like the back of her hand.

(Why was she so interested in Mew? She remembered someone asking, a long long time ago in a temple so ancient it could had just been a figment of her imagination. Why did she want to prove it existed so badly?

She had smiled so hard her cheeks hurt, and thought of a moment decades ago, when an eleven year old Girl had stared into bright blue eyes through the foliage for the first time)

Nothing that meant anything, until she could prove that Mews exist.

And she had her proof in front of her, ripe for the taking. All she had to do was take out a master ball and catch it. Maybe even a normal Pokéball. It wasn’t in any condition to break free.

So why was she hesitating?

This was her victory, so why did it feel so hollow? Tasted like ashes on her tongue?

She felt something nudge her hand and looked down to see her Espeon Verity. Verity, who had been just as excited as she was when they had began their search together, who was her sole companion and teammate all this time.

Verity, who looked just as conflicted as she was now.

(Blue eyes the colour of the sky, bright and cloudless and magical, then a head and a body and a tail. She blinked and then it was gone, but she knew what she saw and she never forgot.)

Mew. She heard the source of their internal battle say weakly. It turned its head weakly to look at her, one paw clutching at the gash across her stomach. Mew.

Vera swallowed as blue eyes focused on her intensely, untouched by the weakness that plagued the rest of its body.

She knew what to do.

Verity seemed to agree, for the Espeon was by her side in an instant, dropping a Max Potion into her outstretched palm. Vera said nothing as she set to work healing the Mew’s wounds- there was nothing to say.

A few seconds later and there was no trace of injury on the Pokémon’s body. And as like all those decades ago, bright blue eyes met hers before it vanished.

17. Arctiquaza

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Hmm... Very similar to mine, bit very well done

18. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    @EeveeAbby

I'm sorry! >_< I haven't read yours yet so I didn't know...

Arctiquaza likes this.
  19. Arctiquaza

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Eh, it's okay. It was a very common idea. (also, strange that both of us used a max potion, and the Pokémon both had a large gash on the chest? Lol great minds think alike)

20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Here's my entry! It's pretty crappy, and only around 300-400 words. Sorry!
    Victini. A Mythical Pokémon renowned for always bringing its friends to victory. For years, I had been searching for it. Merely a glimpse will do. And now my job hangs in the balance. I wasn't trying to catch it. No - that wouldn't be right. No way I would do that. I only needed a single photograph. One photo, and I'll make it big - no photo, and I'll have to give up my job.
    This Mythical had caused me so much trouble. Well, technically, it wass my fault. I've been chasing after it. As a Pokémon photographer, I'm supposed to be getting photos of them in their natural habitats. My Pokémon kept the viewers entertained for a while, keeping my duty while I go off and chase my dreams. But they've grown tired. I'm not making that much. And I wasn't prepared to have my search become this urgent. At best, it was just a hobby. Until now.
    Pidgeotto calls from ahead. With his sharp eyes, he's carried me through danger and ahead. Any sign of life, he finds. Chimchar nods beside me. He's lit my path - kept up watch at night. Deep in the forest, nobody's out but myself and a couple of nocturnal Pokémon. Aside from the rustle of grass beneath our feet, the world is silent. Finally, the trees give way to a clearing.
    There it was. My dream. My redemption. Fatally injured on the forest floor. It was still breathing, but it wasn't moving. I stood there in shock. After years of searching, years of working... it was there. I froze up. What should I do? Without thinking, I had already dug out my camera, but my thoughts continued to grapple.
    Chimchar placed a hand on my leg. They want them in the natural habitat, not dead on the floor. Pidgeotto perched on my shoulder. Get the shoot first. You can heal it afterwards.
    It's not right to leave it alone.
    This is what you came for.

I clenched a single fist. Any moment now, something could happen. I couldn't lose my chance. Not after all these years.
    Raising my camera, I focused on the small, rabbit-like Pokémon on the floor. At the same time, my leg instinctively kicked the Super Potion's spray nozzle, squirting the Victini with a burst of its healing liquid. Then I hit the trigger repeatedly. There was no time to waste.
    As it woke up, the Mythical in front of me darted this way and that, startling both my Pokémon as I tried shot after shot. Coming to its senses rather quickly, it flew over and bumped into my camera, which clattered to the ground. A quick chirp of its own name, and it was gone.
    • • •
    The first three pictures were still of it on the grass. They were slighty shaky. I must've been too nervous.
    The next fifteen pictures had Victini still in its natural habitat.
    The last one, however, was taken right before my camera had fallen. It was what I had been searching for.

#20 Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.