1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Whimsicott's Writing Challenge!

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Shadria, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I don't know if it's required to put my story under a spoiler bar thing (everybody else is doing it), but seeing as I don't know how to do that, I'm just going to put my story up without it.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_

One could learn how to track a storm, so long as they had the right tools and knowledge. No matter how hard one tried though, it wasn’t possible to predict the exact moment that a roll of thunder happened. It was even harder to predict the appearance of the thunder pokémon.

That didn’t stop Kyren and his team from trying.

“Any sign of Raikou yet?” Jamie’s voice came through the receiver in Kyren’s ear.

“Nothing yet.” He replied as he looked around the fields of tall grass that he had been searching in for the past few hours. There had been a terrible storm there the night before, and their sources told them that there had been some strange electric activity in the area at the time. It wasn’t much to go on, but it was the first lead that they’d had in the past few months.

“Maybe you should try looking somewhere else.” Jaime suggested uneasily. “It was a pretty big storm, so there’s a lot more ground that we can cover-”

Kyren was about to respond when he heard a roll of thunder that seemed to shake the very ground that he stood on. Kyren felt his breath catch in his throat. He had lost count of how many storms he had been around these past few years during his search, and he was familiar with how thunder sounded. This wasn’t it.

Without hesitating Kyren ran in direction where the sound like thunder had come from. As Kyren ran, he could feel the small hairs on his arms stand on end. There was a lot of static electricity in the air, and Kyren could feel that he was getting close to the source of it all.

Kyren ran for another minute before he stopped suddenly in his tracks. There, lying before him was a pokémon that he had never seen before, but instantly recognized.

“Raikou.” Kyren muttered quietly as he knelt down to get a better look. Raikou growled when it saw him and sparks flew from its fur, but they were weak. Kyren had seen sparks from a Pichu that were more powerful. Something must have happened during the storm. Raikou still had a powerful electrical air about it, but it didn’t have the energy to strike an attack if it wanted to.

Kyren didn’t know what could drain a legendary pokémon’s energy like this, but he wasn’t going to waste his time thinking about it. After all, one shouldn’t look a gift Ponyta in the mouth.

“Get the equipment ready, Jamie.” Kyren smirked as he reached for the Ultra Ball that he kept on him at all times. “I found it.”

Edit: Huh, look at that, it works. Thank you to those who told me how to do this.

#21 Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @Gazi the spoiler tags are [.spoiler] [./spoiler] ^^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    Question: Is there a limit to how dark a story can be, or the amount of gore that could be used?

4. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Here's my entry.

Beyond our wildest imagination, we had finally encountered the mythical beast after years of searching countless mountains, seas, and lands. Perhaps, it was hidden in a mansion, a cave, or under a truck. Like the many seekers before us, we were at the brink of insanity. We dug for obscure details. It was just legend, they said. There was no truth to it, they said. However, today marks the day where we find and cherish the being before us.

Long ago, Team Azure was formed to fulfill two children’s dream: meeting a small, pink kitten with a heart of gold. We were both only five at the time when we stumbled into a cloud of colors. The sky was filled with thousands of stars and the kitten had come to play. We danced in a field of bubbles together and it seemed like all was well in the world. That is… until the kitten disappeared.

Being tiny tots, we ran around trying to meet kitty again, but it never happened. We screamed and hollered, but kitty was gone. We thought to ourselves, perhaps someone else found kitty. Perhaps, kitty was happy playing with someone else. However, the tears didn’t stop flowing from our eyes. The soft, pink kitten was our kitty. We needed to meet again. It wasn’t until years later when an elderly man showed us his ancient card, reflecting purple and gold, did we realize who kitty was. Thus, our search began. The search to meet our childhood friend.

Decades later, in a forest hidden from the effects of time, we found it. We had finally, truly found it. Faintly and softly, the mew of the kitten could be heard bouncing off the maze of trees. The kitten was curled up, encased in a heavenly mist of light. It seemed frail and tired, as if it was time for it to part. Silent, we bowed our heads. Although we had wanted to meet for longer and return to the time where we could all dance without a worry in the world, we could not utter a peep.

With a glisten in its eyes, the pink blob gazed at us longingly and lovingly. In what seemed like a good-bye, the kitten let out one last cry and we were transported to a view, beaming a rainbow of lights. In the distance, we could hear a soft mew. We were once again five and it seemed like all was well in the world.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #24 Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Arctiquaza likes this.
  5. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    No gore, please! Dark stories are fine as long as they follow LV/Literature Library's rules.

6. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Okay, here's my entry. My writing isn't winning any awards but I decided to grow a spine and actually participate. Time to embarrass myself...

Groudon has put the world into a serious drought. Fortunately, in times of bleakness, people can come together for the great or good. The trainers of each region are going on expeditions to find the legendary that would be useful in helping in any sort of way. Whether it's to grow crops, bringing water, or being able to kick the Continent Pokémon's scaley behind.

A cowboy named Bronze decided to go and attempt to tame Lugia. He brought along a team if Pokémon he built from the ground up.

Bronze rode in on his Feraligtr, BIGJAW, as they traveled in the caves. It was dark and significantly cooler than the raging heat outside. Eventually, they found their way to Lugia's sacred waterfall. However, it was covered in red scratches and was under poison. Bronze got off of BIGJAW and ran towards it. He knelt down to put his head on the Pokémon's chest. "It's breathing." Bronze said. He then looked to BIGJAW and said, "Keep watch."

BIGJAW nodded to Bronze and looked at the entrance they came from. Bronze then took off his bag and rummaged through his medical supplies. He then heard BIGJAW's ferocious hissing. "What is it?" Bronze asked. He then saw three figures that made his blood boil.

"I can't believe you forgot the master ball!" one of the figures said. "Team Rocket is supposed to be a professional organization, we can't mess up like this." They then stopped in their tracks as they saw the huge Feraligtr.

"Beat it." Bronze said sternly. He then picked up his fighting stick. It wasn't in a fighting position, he just picked it up and held it in his hand to show he wasn't playing any games.

"Step aside cowboy, or you're gonna get what's coming to ya!" one of the grunts said with a smirk on his face. Bronze then walked up to the Rocket Grunt and looked him in the eye. "What ya gonna do, Sherrif? Arrest me?" the grunt said in a sarcastic tone.

He then punched the grunt in the face, knocking out a few teeth. He then laid on the ground, unconscious. "Now scram, or else you're coming out worse." Bronze was about to finish when the other grunts dropped the master ball and booked it.

Bronze then turned back to Lugia. He then pulled out his best medical supplies to heal the magnificent beast. When it felt the medicine kick in, it flew in the air and let out a glorious cry. Bronze smiled at the legendary Pokémon. He then realized that this Pokémon wasn't a weapon to just use. It was like any other Pokémon. Bronze then looked at the master ball. He sighed and stomped on it, smashing it into pieces. He then looked to Lugia and said, "I came to catch you because the world is in jeopardy. "But now, I'm asking you to l please help." Bronze said. Lugia then unleashed another glorious cry which made Bronze crack a smile.

Shadria likes this.
  7. GlaceonSilver

PokéPoints:
    ₽621.6
    Alright, posting my exceptionally emo entry for team crimson. Enjoy the edge ~

The Pokémon. They speak to me. They tell me what they want, how they feel, who they are hurt by. Sometimes it is overwhelming. It brings me joy. It brings me sadness mostly. All my life, they recount only tales of abuse and suffering at the hands of humans. Father tells me that this is how people are. He always reminds me of why I must become champion. I have to free the world from this suffering. The imprisonment of Pokémon cannot go on. Only after it ends can we all work together. Perhaps, if they were free, we could be friends. This is the one truth I seek.

Concordia tells me that the one whose heart is true will also find their truth. I wonder sometimes if the other boy also seeks the truth, or if he desires for something else. His Pokémon were different. They were happy. What they told me of that boy… I cannot understand it.

And yet, even as the truth itself stands before me at the apex of the dragon’s tower, I can’t help but feel a kinship of my own budding within myself. The beast speaks to me. It is in pain. Not physically, but a pain of loneliness. A pain I know all too well. Father has been a mentor and a loving father, but no amount of toys and Pokémon could ever fill the void of loneliness.

The truth demands guidance. It wishes to be focused and channelled. I see it in its eyes and feel its conviction within my own heart. The legendary dragon that team plasma and I have searched for is within reach.

I can understand this Pokémon. For all its grace and power, I see that it too suffers. It is not like the other Pokémon I have met though. They suffered at the hands of humans. This one suffers from its yearning to be reunited with them. Reunited with not just a master, but something else as well. That force, I do not know. Perhaps I will find out in time.

I reach my hand out forward and feel the dragon’s pure white fur. My hand feels lost in its warmth and softness. I feel the heat and energy within it course through myself as I shut my eyes and listen closely to its words. The truth recognizes me as the one that will guide it. Its sadness is purged by my own familiarity.

“Reshiram.” I open my eyes and meet the dragon’s, gazing deeply into the shining blue. “My name is Natural Harmonia Gropius. Guide me to the truth I wish for this world.”

I smile at the fierce roar let loose by Reshiram. The rest of Team Plasma flees out of terror. Only I can hear its true voice. Reshiram thanks me for easing its loneliness. I look up and smile.

“Thank you, friend.”

Shadria likes this.
  8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Wrote this several days ago and forgot to post it here. Whoops. Anyway, here's my story of hopefully okay quality.
    “Only a fool would believe those stories.”

“There was nothing in that tower.”

“You can’t do it.”

“Who are you and why are you talking to me?”

Brendan was determined to prove to them all that they were wrong. He climbed the final flight of old, worn down stairs leading to the top of Sky Pillar. He managed to make his way further up the tower than anyone else had in living memory. And now he reached the top, where legends said that Rayquaza rested. He turned back to see his companions, May and Wally, slowly catching up to him.

“What’s taking you guys so long?” He called back to them.

“Not all of us can climb over rubble as quickly as you can!” May yelled back. “Seriously, sometimes I wonder if you’re even human.”

“I’m… not sure… if… I can… go much further…” Wally gasped as he pulled out his inhaler.

“Well, you won’t need to.” Said Brendan. “We’re here.”

Brendan turned back around and headed up the last few steps, where it was waiting for them. Rayquaza, the sky high Pokémon who was said to have once calmed the raging battle between Groudon and Kyogre a long time ago. The Guardian of the skies. The object of Brendan’s quest.

The massive serpentine dragon rested on the roof of the tower, coiled around massive piles of rubble. Its breathing was slow and heavy and its head was hung low. The Dragon-type Pokémon proved to be a far less impressive sight than Brendan had expected it to be. He was almost disappointed by it.

“I think something’s wrong with it.” May said as she caught up to Brendan. “It looks like its hurt.”

“Then I guess that will make this easier.” Brendan reached for his Pokéballs but stopped when May grabbed his arm. He turned to her and she shook her head, a pleading look in her eyes.

“You can’t do this.” She said.

“Yes, I can.” Brendan pulled back from her suddenly, which caused May to stumble slightly.

“Ugh, okay… I’m finally here.” Wally reached the top of the staircase behind Brendan and May. He stopped and clenched his knees as he tried to catch his breath, then looked up. “Holy Miltank, it’s actually real!”

Wally’s sudden shout caused Rayquaza to finally notice their presence and it stirred. The mighty sky dragon winced as it raised itself up to tower above the humans. It was an impressive sight, but also made its injuries come into much sharper focus. Brendan reached for his Pokéballs again.

“Don’t do this.” May practically begged him. “Can’t you see how much pain its already in.”

“I don’t have a choice.” Brendan closed his eyes as he pulled out a Pokéball and held it up in front of him. “This is the only way.”

Shadria likes this.
  9. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Hēre is mīne~
    Creature of legend, creature of lore,
    Creature never once seen before,
    Haunting my dreams as I lie in slumber,
    Voice loud as rumbling thunder.

Pure black creature in the night,
    Its shadows put out every light.
    Feeding on my fears, feeding on my dreams,
    A Grovyle's nightmares are delicious, it seems.

One day, my team decided to find
    The creature that haunts me in the night.
    We prepared for the journey for days, weeks,
    To reach where the creature sleeps.

Inside a mountain, behind the falls,
    Through a maze confusing to us all,
    Lies a chamber of purest black,
    Where the creature's den lies intact.

Our lively band, us eleven,
    Bravely marched towards the den.
    We look back to our quaint town,
    Knowing only few will be able to return.

Up the steep mountain, we climbed and climbed
    All the way to the other side.
    One of my friends, a Nuzleaf went alone,
    But he never reemerged from the mountainous zone.

Next were the waterfalls a-splashing,
    Our two Fire-types had to quit our journey.
    Later on as we make our return,
    We would learn that they never made it home.

As we passed through the falls, our team now eight,
    We saw the next place: the giant maze.
    There were seven paths to go, so to save time,
    We each picked a road, and another picked mine.

The two of us explored through the labyrinth,
    Me and my friend Pikachu, and a torch so dim.
    We kept on going straight, avoiding every bend,
    Until we reached what we feared was a dead end.

We then turned back, and moved eastward,
    Bumped into another teammate, a young Pawniard.
    We moved further in, the end indefinite,
    Until we found our target: the Maze's exit.

Eventually emerged two other Pokémon,
    A Squirtle and our leader, the mighty Jolteon.
    Our other three friends weren't as lucky, not at all,
    They adventure endlessly throughout the maze's halls.

Us five pushed forward to the creature's secret den,
    We saw something that came from nightmares.
    A terrifying ghost, body black as night,
    Emitting crimson Aura to scare anything in sight.

Pawniard pounced on the creature, only to disappear
    Into a desolate abyss with all the Pawniard feared.
    Others started to attack, to avenge our friend,
    But I saw something interesting on the creature's head.

Blood flowing down his body
    From above the eye, where a gash was bleeding.
    The creature never meant bad, I thought in my head,
    It wanted some help, time to do the right thing.

"Stop!" I said to my friends, who were surprised.
    "It is hurt," I said, moving closer to his eyes.
    I slowly used my Aura to heal the poor soul,
    When I was finished, he disappeared into shadow.

Creature of legend, creature of lore,
    Creature never once seen before,
    I now know no harm, you meant,
    Since you never appeared to me ever again.

Arctiquaza and Shadria like this.
  10. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    This Is My Entry! This Is My First Writing Competition And I Feel Like I Will Not Doing Well.
    What if a Legendary or Mythical Pokémon you met during the encounter is destined to meet you many years before your encounter?

This is the story of my unique encounter

“Just one more Pokémon...Reshiram and I will complete my Pokédex right here, At Dragonsprial Tower with Geronimo. This is the grand finale of our Pokédex adventure together.”

Geronimo and I were at Dragonsprial Tower as it will be the perfect place where we will use Light Stone to awake Reshiram once more.

“This is it.”

Geronimo just nodded his head as we start our adventure together since young, around 20 years ago when we have our Starter Pokémon and saw a roaring Reshiram across the sky we view. The first Pokémon we saw is going to be our last Pokémon to catch. Well, not really as Geronimo already completed it but he will not officially announce it until I complete the Pokédex.

Both Geronimo and I raised the Light Stone together and a white light glowed within, glowed into a vast white with blazing orange Dragon but just when we are ready to fight...

“Thump!”

Both Geronimo and I were surprised As Reshiram just falls to the ground. Something or someone must hurt Reshiram a lot, there is no sign of physical harm can be found anywhere

“...C-Cass...”

Reshiram stuttered telepathically while it trying to point at my unique Saturn keychain.I am a Pokémon Trainer with a strong interest on Stargazing and Astronomy and when Reshiram Is struggling to speak something, I know what it tries to say.

Wait, this Reshiram has a connection with ‘Cassini’ Orbiter!?”

“What-are you kidding me, Geroniny!?”

“...I-I...am...t-that...roaring...R-Reshiram...20...ye-years...a-ago...”

“Take a really, serious care on Reshiram. Geronimo, I will be right back.”

I really ran to Pokémon Centre to seek help and brought the Nurses to the tower to heal Reshiram on spot.

“Are you feeling any better now, Reshiram?”

“Yes, thank you.”

“But why you suddenly mention ‘Cassini’?”

“I was trapped along with another Reshiram and somehow someone helps both of us. When I try to remember her appearance, she did not reveal everything but say this, “Please take good care of both beginner Pokémon Trainer which will be your ally 20 years after this event.”.”

After all of that, both of us roar back to this tower and that’s how I met you. Only a few months ago, I learn her name and her fate. I was so depressed enough to weaken myself and change into a Light Stone that falls into your hand.”

“She helped you before she leaves Earth and onwards to Saturn for her mission and eventually meet her fate.”

Yes.”

“I know one of you has made my partner an ally. Can I be part of the dual team of yours and reunite with my partner?”

“I will, Reshiram!”

I take out a Luxury Ball and let Reshiram be part of our team.

And that’s how ‘Cassini’, my Reshiram that named after ‘Cassini’ Spacecraft become my best Pokémon ever.

Word Count-496

I Hope This Is Still Okay For Entry.

11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★

Ya boi’s always been a Bug-Type trainer, ya know? I see a strong Bug-Type and I gotta just... I gotta get it, ya know what I’m sayin’? I may not be the hated boss anymore, but I still got my crew, and these numbskulls still wanna help me be the biggest, baddest, non-hated Bug boss around... What’d I do to have such a loyal gang?... Guzma what is wrong with you?! Shut up, Plum, I ain’t crying, you’re crying! Ya boi Guzma never cries, you hear?!

...Anyways, it’s been a few months since that whole... “Rainbow Rocket” thing or whatever. The prez is doing okay, but she’s on high alert 24/7 now doing science stuff. Between working with the suits and babysitting old Hala’s grandkid though, life ain’t that bad actually. I mean, I can’t complain. At least I wasn’t arrested.

I still kinda miss the days when life was more... dangerous though. Po Town’s getting renovated, so I lost my crib, but at least the cops let me keep my chair and Bugunium...

Where was I? Oh yeah, so, here I am, wishing for a bit more action in life again, when that scientist guy with the weird blue and blonde hair walks up to me. “Miss Lusamine has asked me to give you an assignment, yadda, yadda.” “Oh yeah?” I says. “What sorta assignment?”

So the guy pushes up his glasses tryna be all mysterious-like and says: get this. There’s this big, bad bug in Unova that’s been wreakin’ havoc for years, and the Prez wants ME to go catch it! Pfft, well, how can ya Bug boi refuse an offer like that? So I says back to the science guy “Okay sure, lemme get my crew, and we’ll go beat this bad bug down pronto.” And then we’re all on a plane to Unova. Ya boi is flyin’!

----

Few days later now. We touched down fine, and the prez gave us further instructions. That bug we’re lookin’ for? Apparently it was last seen firin’ lasers from its back at an old lab. And it’s purple. If it’s in the area, we’ll probably see a lot of stuff on fire. Okay then. I think the crew might wanna stay behind. They’re loyal, but these numbskulls’ll just get hurt.

-----

...Plum, you sure the prez and that science guy saw this thing right? Apart from setting everything on fire, Plum, jeez. Look, this thing ain’t even shootin’ lasers right, its back is all bent up!... I think they said purple? Coulda sworn it was purple, but this thing is redder than an Incineroar’s – Yeah, yeah, fine, language, Plum, I know! ...Nah, I don’t think it’s gonna fight back. Plum, I ain’t beatin’ down somethin’ that’s already beaten down enough, ya hear? This bug needs some Tapu Cocoa and a Pokémon Center. Bug Types love Tapu Cocoa, Plum, what are you on about?!

-----

The prez says we gotta find four more. That are actually purple. Great.

-----

Word Count: 499 (Phew)

12. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Here' my entry
    The shards of time would be our guide. My father told me of them from the time I could speak,for he was the one who discovered the legend deep in the Solaceon Ruins. They were fragments of the time stream, splintered by the roar of a mighty deity. The legends said that if you found one, the echoes of the roar would lead you to the beast.

With such stories to guide me, I was destined to pick up where he left off. The most surprising thing wasn’t that I searched for one. It was that we found one.

The Shard was small, barely bigger than your hand. It looked like glass and it’s clear surface showed the world fluctuating through time, sometimes a primordial sea, sometimes a massive cityscape. Through it all though was a pulse, a direction to follow. That’s how we wound up climbing Mt. Coronet, and how we found our way to spear Pillar.

But where we expected to face a mighty opponent, we found only death. The mighty god of time was pierced by beams of starlight and space. I raced up to it, hand moving from pokeballs to med kit, but how do you even heal a god? I briefly considered trying to get it down to a Pokémon center. But it was too large to move. I carefully pulled the fatal weapons out, wary that whatever had created them might return. The wound was deep, and the sight of the slowly moving blood made me light headed. Futile as it was I did my best to dress the wounds. I cleaned them, then carefully stitched them shut. Feeling my own hunger I sat back and cleaned my arms and hands, then dug into my food supplies and carefully gave it some berries and water.

I could feel tears filling my eyes as I ate. My quest had come to an end, but it had been so different then expected. Where I had thought to face a mighty beast and prove my teams strength, I would only have memories of fading time.

The beast’s head moved and it looked at me again. A feeling of gratitude seemed to come from it, and wash over me. The head swung to face a fallen pillar. Following its gaze, I carefully moved to the pillar and saw a deep blue egg that glittered like a diamond nestled within the rubble. I carefully lifted the egg from it’s nest and brought it back to the dying god. It looked at me, and blew a breath from its nostrils. In that puff of time I saw myself taking the egg down the mountain. The god lay its head down, and closed its eyes for the last time. I felt tears spill over, but took the egg from its parent, returning to my family home. We would have to look after this creature’s future. Perhaps this time things would end better .

Arctiquaza likes this.
  13. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,673.0
    My entry
    When I was a kid, I wanted to meet the God of Time, Dialga. I wanted to ask a simple question: what is the purpose in my life. For as long as I can remember, I've just been pushed around and made to feel like a waste of space. Unlike some trainers, who only catch Pokémon for strength and bragging rights, I just want to give my Pokémon a place they can call home. Not like my former abusive home. My Pokémon friends I caught to give them a home. Deeks, my Samurott and my starter, understood this. Professor Juniper allowed me to have him because he was abused by his former trainer. Me, a trainer, an orphan who's been through hell and told multiple times that I would never become a trainer. Once I got Deeks, I left my abusive home and searched for more Pokémon friends. After a while, I yearned to meet Dialga. Just to ask a simple question. I didn't even want to catch it. Here I was, in a valley in the Unova region, exploring it after hearing some rumors about a rare Pokémon here that was blue, when I stumbled upon the God in question. “What the...” I said, shocked that I would find the one God I was searching for by chance, “Dialga?” whispering that part. Then I saw the God suffering from a wound on its leg. I froze, then immediately reached into my bag for at least a Hyper Potion. I always carried a lot of medicine in my bag, as you may never know when you'll need it. I cautiously walked up to Dialga, Hyper Potion in hand, and I spoke up. “I see that you're hurt, Dialga. May I please help you, oh God of Time.”

Dialga turned it's head towards me, and I froze, Dialga's eyes boring into my soul. 'Why have you come, child.' I heard a feminine voice rang through my head. I immediately realized that it was Dialga's voice. 'Are you like one of those trainers who would attempt to catch me while I am down?'

I shook my head vigorously. “N-No! I would never catch you! I am not like those kind of trainers. I always wanted to meet you, but never catch you! You're too beautiful to catch!”

Dialga laughed in my head, and I swear that I saw the God smile at me. 'You are a kind soul, after going through what you went through. Go ahead, use the potion. I've been through worse.' I smiled, and sprayed the wound on Dialga's leg with the hyper potion, and it started to close. 'You know, you remind me of a certain kind girl.' Dialga said.

“She must be a great person. I hope to meet her someday.” I said, satisfied that the wound closed. “Can I ask you a question, Dialga?”

'Go ahead.'

“What is the purpose of my life?”

A chuckle. 'Why, to help those in need!'

498 words.

14. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Here's mine!
    Pages counted exactly 500 words, phew.

Almost there. She was almost there. Every step she took brought her closer to her goal. As she reached for the shiny Whimsicott plush her bag sheltered, she smiled and whispered:
    “This is it, Waffles. I can feel their aura. We’re so close…”
    The tension made the young Riolu chuckle nervously. After all this time… It felt surreal.
    As she made her way through the woods, she remembered the very first day.
    It was so long ago… She was even younger. She had just escaped from their grip. Her “family”… This time of her life with them had become a mess of blurry memories, but the same uneasy feeling stick to her every time she thought about it.
    At the time, she wasn’t nearly as brave. After running as fast as she could to get away from the place she once called home, she had wandered aimlessly, exhausted. But fate was by her side: she came upon an inn. Once she had been refreshed, she took part in the conversations, fluttering around, on the lookout for info about a place that could welcome her.
    That's when she heard it: someone talking about Shaymin migrating. She was stupefied. For her, Shaymin only existed in legends! Finding one became her number one goal.

And there she was. About to make her dream come true. She refocused attention on her surroundings... to find out she had just gotten out of the forest. A wide flowery meadow opened up before her.
    But something was wrong.
    A human was here.
    It had an Amaura by its side, and was attacking… a Shaymin?!
    The Gratitude Pokémon was laying on the ground, an expression of intense suffering on their face. Rock/Ice… Amaura had a double advantage against them.
    They must've got hurt.
    Without thinking any second about a strategy, the Riolu used Agility to dash to them, and Protected Shaymin.
    Both sides stopped in shock. The Amaura, though, didn't take long to snap out of it, and quickly started throwing icy rocks at Riolu's shield.
    “I… don't know if… I can keep my shield up much longer…” she wheezed.
    “Wh- Who're you, and whatcha doin' here?” Shaymin asked in response.
    “I- I'm saving you!” Riolu answered, speaking up.
    As she was about to faint, she noticed a movement out of her eye's corner. She cautiously turned her head towards it.
    The Shaymin! They were standing up, as if they weren't injured at all!
    “Wh-” Riolu started, but Shaymin interrupted her:
    “Got no time for that! Get on me!”
    And upon those words, they quickly gained altitude, leaving the trainer and its Pokémon speechless in the field.

“So, huh-” Riolu started, once they were high enough.
    “Ah, yeah. Owe you an explanation. I… was actually fakin' to get rid of them more easily.
    And, em... Ya seem pretty young. Ain't ya got a family or somethin'?”
    “Oh… Long story short, no… I was actually looking for a new home…”
    “Eh… Guess ya could stay with me, then?”

15. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    Here's mine, though it may be a bit dark...
    They said that Josh had gone mad. That he was wasting my life searching for this. But they were wrong. They had to be. He'd prove them all wrong.

"Tristan, is it ready?" Josh asked, gesturing to a glowing red pentagram in the middle of a pedestal.

Tristan got up from where he was crouching, smearing the red on the floor. "Yup."

Josh nodded and stepped closer to the pentagram, beginning to almost chant, "O Lord of Antimatter, ruler of the World of Distortion, Giratina, come to me!"

The shadows along the walls of the cave grew, elongating and climbing towards the center of the cave, where the pedestal stood, coalescing in the center of the pentagram. From it, a pair of glowing red eyes emerged, and in a flash of not light, but darkness, the six-legged, six-striped, six-winged creature known as Giratina emerged. It immediately, however, collapsed onto the ground, reverting to it's Altered Forme and seemed to be barely able to move.

"M-master..." It stuttered telepathically, "you h-have summoned me. I grow w-weak, and my power is waning... Please, help m-me."

Josh stood there silently in shock, unable to process the information that he had just heard. Giratina... in a weakened state? Impossible. "No, no it isn't possible," he muttered to himself. He began pacing and pulling at his hair. But soon, he began chuckling. The chuckling grew, soon becoming full-blown laughter. "So this is it, then? I spent all this time, all these resources, and for what? For a legendary that can't even do what I want it to do to its fullest!"

While Josh was ranting, Tristan backed off a bit. "I mean, I know you were completely insane before," he said, "but I guess this was just the straw that broke the Camerupt's back, huh?"

Josh turned to his companion, fury evident in his eyes. "You! You are not necessary to me anymore. You're not necessary to anyone anymore. Giratina, kill him."

"Y-yes, master..."

Tristan's eyes widened as he turned to run, but it was far too late. Using up nearly the last of its power, Giratina used earth power to collapse the roof of the cave above Tristan, killing the man.

"Heh, I suppose he deserved that, for what he's done in the past" Josh said, grinning.

"M-master, please..."

"NO! And you know why? Because I spent my entire life looking for you, and what does it get me? NOTHING! You could just give up and die, for all I care!"

"If that is what you wish, master..." Giratina used earth power again, causing the entire cave to collapse. "...you will die with me."

16. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Years of planning had gone into this expedition. A team of three researchers and a trainer were currently spelunking in Cerulean cave in search of Mewtwo. Twenty years had gone by since another trainer had captured one at this location, but rumors had circulated that there was another. The last team to go in had disappeared and left only a camera behind, revealing their fate and the silhouette of a familiar creature. The four man team had now made it to the pits of the cave, hoping to capture the creature before it could wreak more havoc.

Ralf: Set up the equipment, we need to get started on tracking.

Jacob: Roger Captain.

Burai: I don’t like this. Something about this whole thing doesn’t add up.

Barlo: Equipment set up. I’m tracking a signature nearby.

Ralf: Jacob, Barlo; Stay here and guard the equipment. Burai, we’re going in to catch this thing before it does anymore damage.

Barlo: Figures you’d take the psychic.

Ralf: Can it. Keep your chatter to a minimum.

Ralf and Burai walked further into the rugged terrain. As they walked Burai sensed a presence watching them. Ass he raised his mental shields he felt something press them. Someone was trying to get into his mind.

Ralf: What’s wrong Burai?

Burai: Mewtwo is here! Tying to enter my mind!

Ralf: Fight it! Don’t let i take control!

Burai kept fighting until he sensed something. There was more than one Mewtwo, he sensed six of them. Only one was making itself known. The other five were younger, scared. Burai decided to let his guard down and allowed Mewtwo in. It was at that point that horrible images appeared. People from team rocket, altering them. Then once they fled to the cave, new life was born. They were then hunted, some were even killed. And at the head of the group was Ralf! Burai’s eyes shot open in rage.

Burai: It was YOU!

Burai levitated and slammed Ralf into the wall. Behind him a badly wounded Mewtwo appeared. The others rushed in to see what was going on.

Jacob: It’s weak, we can catch it easily!

Barlo: I don’t like this. This isn’t right to catch it like this, no matter what it’s done.

Jacob: Who cares? We can end this finally.

Burai: Tell them!

Ralf: What are you on about? Guys, he’s attacking me! Get him!

Burai: You slaughtered the other! You aren’t some researcher, you created them!

The other looked on in shock. The Mewtwo took up a stane by Burai.

Burai: I won't let you harm them! All They want is to live in peace.

Jacob and Barlo moved to join Burai.

Barlo: He’s right, I’m done with this mad scheme. I quit!

Jacob drew a Pokéball, followed by Burai and Barlo.

Burai: You want this Pokémon, then you’ll have to go through us!

Mewtwo took up a stane next to them. This will not end well.

17. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Submissions end in 3 hours, be sure to help your team!

18. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I just finished my entry!
    499 words, whew!
    Articuno, the elegant and majestic bird of winter, causing snow to fall at the flap of its seemingly translucent wings. However, its tail was the most magnificent feature of the blue bird. It was long and thin, just like a ribbon, but the prettiest part of it was how it sparkled like the stars of outer space. This is why Articuno is my favourite creature of the Pokémon world.

However, my town did not appreciate the presence of the bird of ice in the same manner as I did. All the seasons have ceased to exist upon this Pokémon’s arrival. Except one, winter. Every day, our town would face snowstorms and avalanches because of Articuno, day and night. Crops were dying and civilians were freezing. The entire town was teetering on the brink of destruction due to the lack of resources remaining, with men, women, and children freezing and starving to death. In order to stop this horrendous phenomenon, civilians have attempted to capture this bird-like creature. However, I was different. I loved Articuno. Every aspect of it. My parents thought I was insane, but I could not lie.

I walked over to a man holding a sign. “Sign up to hunt the beast! Hunting starts tomorrow!” The man said, repeating himself over and over until someone came. “Hey, would you like to sign up?” He asked.

Hunting? Tomorrow? I thought. I could not let this happen to such a natural beauty. I grabbed food and warm clothes to protect me against snowstorms, although this would be a dangerous and possibly deadly task. I could not let my own people harm the majestic bird of ice. I knew where to start, the tallest mountain in our sight. My journey to find this creature has begun.

Using only my bare hands to climb such a steep mountain, it would take days, possibly weeks to get to the top, knowing I could die of starvation, fatigue, or possibly fall to my own death. The snow and ice of the mountains were so cold, I could barely feel my hands. However, I could not give up, as the life of the creature rests within my hands.

Suddenly, I felt something. A loose rock beneath my feet. It broke off the mountain, and my body was hanging like a loose thread. I could not take it anymore. I was too weak, too pathetic. I felt something. Something touching me. Something cold, but warm at the same time. I knew what it was. It was Articuno.

I woke up, seeing the blue bird, face to face for the first time. It was badly injured, penetrated by bullets, with red blood staining its beautiful white and blue feathers, but yet, it saved me. It was dying. I had to do something.

I walked up to the powerful beast and placed an arm around its back, stroking it, comforting it, as I pulled a bullet through its heart.

This is why Articuno is my favourite Pokémon.

19. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Thank you everyone who entered! Winners will be announced July 25th!

#39 Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2018
  20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Vaquero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.