1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

*whirr* *click*

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    From the synthetic whirring of the PS1 to the *click* of the Nintendo Switch, which system has your favourite startup noise or (in the case of modern systems) advertising sound? Did you ever enjoy these sounds, or are you glad not to be greeted with the same random noises every time you boot up your system or a game?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Nothing better than the GameCube. Hands down my favorite one. I never get tired of hearing it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Probably the ol' Commodore 64/128. Though, since it was a computer I'm not sure if it counts...

If not, the Gameboy Advance.

4. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Gameboy Advance SP, Gamecube

Windows XP.. lol

5. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I remember the old X-box start-up whir, as well as the current advertising sound. I don't know why, but they're kind of soothing to listen to. I'm such a millennial... But in fewer ways than some.

6. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I'm all about that GBA startup. I remember sitting at recess at school with my bestie and we'd play Mario Kart Advance by link cable, and how I loved that power-on sound of glimmerglimmerglimmerglimmerding. Good times.

Does the 3DS even have a startup sound? I don't know the last time I actually powered it on.

7. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    The classic "do-ling" of ye olde gray brick Game Boy brings back so many memories, as does that sweeping swell of the PSX.

You know the one.

The Switch's snap is simple, cool and classy.

8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Oh yeah, I remember the PSX. Didn't grow up on it so not as nostalgic for me, but also a great bootup sound. ^_^

WavePearl likes this.
  9. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I got the special edition of the Xbox 360 when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 got released. Hitting the power button activated a sound as if night vision goggles were being turned on.

10. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Ah, the DS and the ba da bum bum... I wish I still had my DS

11. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    The Wii start up sound. Nice, simple, and charming. I was also surprised by how nice the PS2 jingle was when I booted mine up for the first time.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  12. Pika

Pika Hiker

Topaz
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽335.9
    oh i absolutely adore the startup sound for the ps1. i still replay the spyro games and get to hear that sound these days

13. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    The game cube was and still is my favorite. Despite its length, I still remember every second of it. The gameboy color ping is probably my second favorite and the switch click would be the third just for how simple it is.

14. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I don't really have a favorite start up noise, but I do love start up noises in general. They really help give systems their own identity.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  15. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★

SyWry likes this.
  16. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I don't have a favorite noise, I barely pay attention to most of them tbh. The only ones I remember right now is the GBA SP's.