1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

White Ink

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Oct 15, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    This is more so for traditional art. But a lot of traditional artists will use white ink to give their art highlights! It's really interesting to see. I only found out about white ink pens a few years ago.

Have you guys ever used white ink pens? Did you like them?

I have two kinds of white ink pens. I have a love hate relationship with them. On one hand they do give great highlights, but on the other it absorbs the base color instead of just staying white ink so it gets tinted whatever color you use it on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I heard of them for a while but only recently (as in, earlier this year) picked up a white Sakura Jelly Roll pen (which I have seen several other artists use and consider really good). It works ok, but with some materials (such as washable markers) it absorbs the color and becomes a lighter version instead of white. It works best with colored pencils, from my own testing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i use them with copics and they are notorious for absorbing the color

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have tried using whites before, but it ruined my artwork... turns out my white was a silver. Never trusted a white pen again