1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Whittling Down That Backlog

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Kecleon, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Upon coming into the year 2020, people had high expectations that this would be a year where everything changed for them. And, well...things definitely changed.

And while 2020 has certainly not been ideal for everyone, being stuck perpetually indoors all day has presented us with a fantastic opportunity to tackle that enormous backlog of games we all have. And anyone who says they don't actually have a ludicrously large backlog of games is either a liar, or seriously dirt poor. (And also a liar.)

So, which games have you managed to complete or at least finish during this year, and what's next on the agenda? Personally, a couple of games that I managed to clear is Paper Mario: The Origami King and the original Dragon Quest, both on the Nintendo Switch. Both were a real treat, as Dragon Quest, while not proving that hard or that long to complete, definitely was interesting to play through to see how where the modern JRPG came from. And while The Origami King is no The Thousand Year Door, as practically every video game reviewer will say, the combination of beautiful graphics, witty and fun dialogue, well-orchestrated music, and an inventive combat system that does get slightly stale over time, made for a very fun and memorable game for me to play through.

Also, as for the next game I'm gonna tackle, I've gone back a console generation and am tackling The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD on the Wii U. I have, like, one main dungeon and an entire scavenger hunt left before I'm ready to tackle the final battle with Ganondorf, and I'm excited for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Since I am set up to work from home I havent been able to play quite as much as expected (Getting back into Dota 2 has not helped I will admit)

I was actually having fun making a wallpaper of my finished games for 2020 so here is the list so far. I am currently slamming my head against the titular Impossible Lair from Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair. I hope to finish it in the next couple of days and add one more game to the finished list.
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,929.3
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Well, I actually started doing a collage of games for Game Clearing each year starting back in 2019. Last years number was 74 games I beat for the first time. This year its currently at 50, with games like Typing of the Dead, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Enter the Gungeon, Mega Man Zero 3 and 4, Origami King, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX, and Samurai Shodown all marked on it for this year.

Jeydis likes this.
  4. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    And here I am having finished about 10 games this year, mostly older titles like Super Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure DX and Klonoa for Wii.

I feel like I'm actually getting dabbed on here.

Jeydis likes this.
  5. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    I feel like that every time Inferno updates that collage lol. Klonoa looks really interesting, did you enjoy it? I know 2.5D sometimes throws people off.

6. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Klonoa is a really unique 2.5D platformer. While it's not the most challenging platformer out there, it is a really good romp with a lot of heart. The story is charming, the characters are very unique, and the unique mechanic of using your enemies as platforms or extra jumps is inspired. It might be a remake of the beloved PS1 game, but it's a darn good one. I'd recommend it.

7. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Side note I finished Yooka-Laylee and the impossible lair at long last on Friday.

I am not sure which one I will work on next, maybe Baba Is You, got that started some time ago but took a break.

8. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’m late to this thread, but the pandemic has definitely made me more productive with video games. I beat 18 titles in total. The majority of them were short indie games, JRPGs, and visual novels. Highlights were A.I. The Somnium Files, Trails In The Sky 2, and Persona 5 Royal.

With my compulsive spending habits I’ll never get to everything in my backlog. There’s just too many lengthy games on too many systems. At the same time I don’t want to sell any of my collection. After selling my beloved copy of Pokémon White 2, I decided to never get rid of any valuable games again. I just don’t want to encounter that regret another time.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I finished some games I started ages ago, then got distracted by something else and stopped playing. It was some games I wanted to get the platinum trophies in but my pea brain decided something else was more interested.

Valkyria Revolution is a game I started in 2018 I believe but I didn't finished aka getting the platinum in this case till this year, finally crossing it off my list. There's Cat Quest II as well, I believe I started and finished this year iirc.

10. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Been chopping down my backlog one by one I still have to buy plenty of the games on it but so far so good :)