1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Who are you using first in Smash Bros Ultimate?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wizard, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    Smash Bros Ultimate is almost upon us! As such, we need to prepare for our first matches (this is his ready I am.) We will only start with eight characters, so the first character choice will be somewhat limited. Our choices are:
    -Mario
    -Donkey Kong
    -Link
    -Kirby
    -Pikachu
    -Yoshi
    -Fox
    -Samus

Who is your pick? Why?

I'm picking Link. I really like the design update and I want to try him out and see how he's changed. Eventually I want to try characters like Ridley, K. Rool, etc., but I will stick with Link in the meantime.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Samus and Link are m first choices. I like both of them in 4 but they aren't quite where I'll try maining them. So I'm excited to see how they've changed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Kirby has the copy ability, and that's what I kind of want to use until I can get someone I like with a counter. And with him having one of the highest jumps, though it does take a while to reach maximum height, he is a great recovery option with up special.
    Other than him, I'm looking forward to Shulk and Lucario again. I can't wait to use them once more.

4. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I'm probably going with Link, now that Wizard mentioned it. I'm not much of a Link player, but I like what they did with him. Otherwise, I'll probably use Kirby. He was my main for the first 3 games because of his copy powers and jumps, and I'm only annoying with Pikachu. Not really that decent with anyone from the original 8, so my first priority will be to unlock someone I'm better with, like Bowser, or looking forward to trying, like the Inklings.

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    Link was my main back in the original Super Smash Bros, so I'll probably be using him starting out. Although I think I'm going to jump straight into the World of Light mode, so I guess I'm actually going to use Kirby first.

6. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Are those the only ones that are going to be available at start?

Guess I'll start with Mario. It's been awhile so best to go with someone balanced and easy to use in order to get my feet wet again.

7. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I started in my humble beginnings as a brawl mario main.

So I’m rolling with Mario all the way and I’m gonna use my amiibos to unlock doc and Lucina.

Btw, default Mario is my color

8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,990.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY THAT'S THE NAME YOU SHOULD-
    Yoshi.
    I eventually want to try Piranha Plant, and see if I still suck with Pit.

9. flareon71

Legegg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽392.1
    Definitely gonna use Pikachu. Prolly my best character out of the original eight

and then immediately go to World of Light and Kirby it up

10. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    My main is Luigi, so you’d expect me to say Mario, but I am actually going to be switching between Kirby and Yoshi until I get Luigi. Or R.O.B. Or Sonic. Or anyone new. I just can’t wait!

11. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Well, Kirby's a given since you're gonna start with him in World of Light, but since he's one of my longtime mains, I'm gonna, of course, start with him even in regular matches. Maybe try out some of Link, but mostly Kirby.