1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Who do you write for?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Gazi, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Gazi

Gazi Team Crimson

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.0
    Do you write stories so that other people will enjoy them, or do you write stories because they're something that you yourself want to read?

I'm doing my best to write for myself. I love it when other people enjoy my stories, but I want to be happy with my story even when it seems that nobody else likes it. I've kinda come up with a bit of a motto when it comes to my stories. If there's something you want to read and you can't find it, write it yourself.

2. LostSpirit

PokéPoints:
    ₽537.4
    I mainly write for myself. Whether essays or stories, I want to kind of dig around in my mind and formulate my own opinions. I think it's extremely to take everything as a learning experience and to incorporate ideas that will satisfy my goals for the work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FNT

FNT Team Azure

PokéPoints:
    ₽11.8
    Ultra Ball ★★
    Not really sure here I guess other people?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Arod

Arod Team Crimson

PokéPoints:
    ₽140.5
    I just write because even though I know it won’t exist. At least I can make it real in a poorly written fan fic

5. SyWry

SyWry Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽966.8
    I write because I have amazing idea in my head and I don't want to see them disappear when I pass. I write so that I may put my ideas down on paper so they wont be forgotten when I go. Kind of for myself I guess.

6. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Team Azure Dragon Maverick Hunter

PokéPoints:
    ₽226.1
    Lucarionite ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I mostly write for myself but sometimes I get up the courage to share my work and I try to learn from what they say about it such as lately people have been telling me that I need to give more detail about the world around my characters, which I'm trying to work on right now.

7. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.1
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Honestly, when I used to write fanfiction, I only wrote because I had an idea in my head. But with every comment and follower I recieved, it just gaveme more motivation to continue writing.

8. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Team Azure

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.9
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★
    Mostly me. I like writing my thoughts of how certain things should have gone, no matter how bad it seems in retrospect, and how characters would interact. It's really for my own amusement.

9. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Master of Breaking Things

PokéPoints:
    ₽195.5
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I mostly write for myself, but I also write knowing that other people like the types of things that I write. So I'm hoping when I (eventually) get something published, those people will be able to enjoy what I've written as much as I do.

10. Negative Zero

Negative Zero The most positive negative number you know!

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.2
    Writing for someone else rarely seems like a good idea. Going by Neil Gaiman's whole "Make Good Art" speech, making art of any kind won't always pay off from outside sources. Your fans might not like it, your publisher/client might not pay you, and countless other things might fall through. But if you enjoy what you're doing? You'll always at least have that. If you make art that you're not paid for,and which doesn't gain you fans, and which you don't enjoy making... then why did you even do it? At least get your own enjoyment.

That said, I always write for myself. Nobody's paying me anyway, and I'm not being pushed by fans. That leaves myself as the only reason to write. And considering 95% of what I wrote never leaves my hard drive... yeah, I write for myself.

11. Negative Zero

Negative Zero The most positive negative number you know!

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.2
    Writing for someone else rarely seems like a good idea. Going by Neil Gaiman's whole "Make Good Art" speech, making art of any kind won't always pay off from outside sources. Your fans might not like it, your publisher/client might not pay you, and countless other things might fall through. But if you enjoy what you're doing? You'll always at least have that. If you make art that you're not paid for,and which doesn't gain you fans, and which you don't enjoy making... then why did you even do it? At least get your own enjoyment.

That said, I always write for myself. Nobody's paying me anyway, and I'm not being pushed by fans. That leaves myself as the only reason to write. And considering 95% of what I wrote never leaves my hard drive... yeah, I write for myself.

12. Mandriel

Mandriel Team Crimson

PokéPoints:
    ₽95.1
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I suppose both, to a degree. I write because it's what I enjoy and it makes me happy, but I'd be lying if I said I wrote only for myself. I want to write things that people will want to read. Granted, that doesn't mean I'll warp my ideas to fit what's popular because I want to please everyone. I suppose I'm hovering a little in the middle, but leaning more toward 'writing for myself'.

13. ChocoChicken

ChocoChicken Team Crimson

PokéPoints:
    ₽6.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Somewhere in between, I guess. These days, more for myself.