1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spinoffs Who remembers Pokemon Rumble

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Katanaeyegaming, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I remember when I younger was playing through the Wii version of the game before finding out there was a Wii U version and it being a really well regarded spin-off of Pokémon.

Now as of 2021 I don't hear absolutely anything about it and it's kind of sad so I wanted to ask those of LV if they remember playing it or if they have heard of it in discussions as of late.

I just ask because this was a really fond part of my younger years with Pokémon.

2. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,068.1
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Those games were my childhood. I have lots of memories of going over to a friend's house to play Pokémon Rumble on his Wii for hours, and then later getting Rumble for the 3DS.

It's a shame that Rumble, along with a lot of other spin-offs, seem to have been abandoned. With the rumble feature that the Switch has I can see them making a cool game on the Switch. They have been giving some love to certain spin-offs like Snap and Mystery Dungeon, so perhaps we can hope for a new title. Very unlikely though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    One can only hope. I actually just booted up the wii version for the first time in years with a close friend of mine. It was an experience going back and I felt the urge to make this thread

4. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Reason you don't really hear much of these games is that they've had kind of a sad finish. I played through the first Rumble with a friend and it was pretty decent, Rumble Blast was great, then played Pokémon Rumble U with a friend and it was pretty mediocre, and then World came out and they completely lost me after about three play sessions. Giving the game a lot of mobile game aspects killed the experience for me, and then they released a full-on mobile game and I didn't care enough to even try that.

It sucks because I liked the simple beat-em-up gameplay of the first two, and I don't imagine this is an easy formula to add changes to given exactly how simple it is. I'm fine with games being extremely similar to their predecessors as long as they have new, unique levels or one or two different mechanics, but this isn't a game where that can really work, and I imagine it's difficult to come up with proper ways to make the game evolve. Rumble U tried this with the more static locations where you didn't have as much space, but that really just made the experience worse, and then doing the mobile stuff that Rumble World tried just made it feel like a terrible free version of the first two that didn't warrant any of my time if I already had bought Rumble Blast.

Pretty sad fate for these games, I think they're fun but there's no chance they wouldn't have struggled with longevity unless they had a team willing to be really creative and out there while also being very smart about it.

5. Mizumanta

Mizumanta Black Belt

Celebi Egg
    (Celebi)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽251.9
    it was just okay. I played it in between rp games honestly. then I lost interest.

6. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I've played all the Pokémon Rumble games, that includes the mobile version which lasted only a year or so. I really love this series, and it's a shame that it isn't talked about more. They're by far the hardest games to 100% complete. I always wished that I had friends to play it with me.