1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Anime Why Ash doesn't Age - Crazy theory time!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Flyg0n, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    SO we all know Ash doesn't age. A lot of people have different feelings on that, but that's not what I'm here to talk about today. Today, I have something else in mind. Let's have some fun :)

What are some of the craziest theories you have come up with, or read, explaining why Ash doesn't age? Everything goes! List your wildest ideas!
    (Please don't give the coma theory tho, that's getting old).

I'll give a few of my own.

• Ash's actions in the first movie have caused him to be blessed with long life/eternal youth (Honestly this is actually fairly reasonable lol)
    • Ash is actually a Time Lord and just calls himself 10 because reasons. This explains his different looks every gen and how he seemingly forgets stuff about his past.
    • People in the Pokémon world age differently?
    • A year in the Pokémon world isn't 365 days, its more like... 1000?

Anyways, lets have some fun! I want to hear everyones wild, crazy, improbable, and fantastical reasons! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Hm, this be fun! Well, I reckon I could think up a few conspiracy theories on the fly~

1) Coma Theory, but instead of Ash living a world inside his head he be a living, corporeal ghost~
    2) When Haunter and the gang took away Ash and Pikachu's spirit; by putting 'em back in their bodies I reckon they became immortal since they "already died once, so no need to die again"~?
    3) Not mine idea, but Ash did get blessed - by Jirachi~
    4) Kinda same thing as no. 2 but somehow bonding with Azelf caused Ash to gain immortality?
    5) Again, but due to Ash entering the Reverse World? This and the previous one would mean Dawn would be immortal too, huh... Ehh, Pearlshipping be the second-best ship~
    6) Ash has died a long time ago- but he still be around so he can help other trainers and Pokémon~
    7) Arceus (or an even higher 'mon) appointed Ash as his lapdog to do no. 6~
    8) Pokémon be the ones who live long lives, and since Ash got turned into one in Season 5, albeit temporarily...
    9) The Ash is not Ash.
    10) Ash be a reincarnated Legendary~
    11) Can't believe I just made most of these up... anyway last theory (and the weirdest, also bc I just wanted to include this part of the fandom) Ash be that Darkrai from PMD that lost his memories and got sucked into a random portal, which led him into Delia's womb(?!) or sth~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Ash is an aura guardian, we saw it in the lucario and mew movie. So maybe he just ages slowly in comparison others.

4. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    @Jupjami lol I really like these. Especially the one about Haunter, that's actually pretty interesting

@Ignem you know, that's a fair point. It would make sense if Aura Guardians age slowly. I like it!

I'll toss another of mine out there - if Ash is the chosen one, as the 2000 movie implies, then maybe he won't age or die until he completes all his tasks.

Ash is actually not from this world and comes from somewhere within an Ultra Beast portal??? And as such ages at a different rate

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    My personal theory is that a Primal Dialga has been messing up the timeline, making it so that no one ages no matter how much time passes throughout the series.

6. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Ash has actually died many times in the anime, so it could be like whenever he dies and ressurects his age gets reset to 10.

Or maybe he is simply arceus's offspring, arceus never knew about.

7. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    The dying and age resetting is a neat idea.

Or it really is Primal Dialga lol

Perhaps this is all the doing of Celebi

Or Ash's mom didn't want to ever lose Ash so she found Jirachi and wished for her sons eternal youth

8. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Or maybe Ash himself is a Pokémon? I mean how many thunderbolts can a 10 year old human can survive?

9. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    That's definitely intriguing. I actually have a theory that all people have a bit of Pokémon in them. Mythology books in the diamond and pearl games insinuate people and Pokémon are actually related or were singular beings who eventually became two distinct ones.

Either that or because humans posses aura they don't get fatally injured by Pokémon attacks.

Though the idea that Ash might actually be part Pokémon is pretty funny. Maybe he's a mew or Latios in disguise the whole time lol

10. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I mean Latios or mew would feel weird, he has been near the two quite a lot of times. Maybe he is related to Regigigas, Regigigas made the humanity after all.

11. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Could it be the multiple times that ash travels in time cause ash to not age as much?
    Or the world resets every time Ash finishes a league.

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    The most sensible idea is that Ho-oh (who is a Phoenix archetype), who appeared to Ash in the very first episode of the anime, resurrected Ash after that initial suicide-Thunderbolt unleashed by Pikachu in order to defeat the Spearow, and this - unbeknownst to Ash - granted him immortality (which is why, even when Ash 'dies' in that battle between Mew and Mewtwo, he doesn't stay dead, because while the Pokemons' tears could not actually resurrect Ash they could symbolize the desire of the Legendary bird to allow Ash to continue on his quest.

Personally, though, I'm partial to the Coma theory...

Flyg0n likes this.
  13. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    Something important to note on this subject, which I don't see brought up very often, is that the whole not-aging thing isn't exclusive to Ash. No one ages in this series no matter how much time seems to pass. Ash has encountered plenty of old characters over the years who would have been older if Ash was the only one who didn't age, but haven't aged a day since they were last shown. This is probably best exemplified by Brock and Misty having shown up in the Sun and Moon series for the first time since the Advanced Generation era (for Misty) or the DP era (for Brock) and they're not only not older, but have somehow regressed back to their appearances from the original series.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  14. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    And that's one reason I'm partial to the Coma theory...

15. Flyg0n

Flyg0n PKMN Breeder

Mojave
    (Trapinch)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽365.8
    You know, BZ, thats exactly what I was thinking the other day. Even people like Jesse/James don't age

Which is why, all joking aside, I believe people in the Pokémon world don't age the way people in our world do.

Perhaps a year is shorter or longer in their world. Or people show age very differently.... hmmmm

16. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,645.9
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Excuse me for reviving this thread, but I personally thought that Ash is secretly Henry Stickmin. I mean, in the Henry Stickmin Collection game(s), the titular character is basically a timeline traveler. So if these are true in one way or another:
    That would've made Ash a timeline traveler too, right?

17. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    First thing that popped into my head is that the Pokémon anime is a simulator game that a group of friends are taking turns playing. Each friend is playing the same character, and because they watched each other do it they know things to call back to, but all of them have completely different playing styles and skill-levels, which is why Ash and Pikachu end up regressing in skill at the start of some of the series.