1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Why do you write?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Junkrat, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    For all my fellow writers, as the title says, what is your reasoning for writing? For me, personally, it's a good way to pass the time I have way too much free time Plus, writing just kind of helps me forget things for a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I do it cause i have a random idea in my head, and I'm bored.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I do it to relax and to distract myself from the chaos of the normal world everything else that I have to do.

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Because I like it, even if it eventually stresses me out because I get stuck on longer projects... T_T

5. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    I write because I have a lot of ideas in my head... and if I don't write them down, I forget. And I enjoy writing; it's especially satisfying to finish writing a story or chapter, and what really makes it worth doing is the feedback I get.

6. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I never thought I'd take up writing as a hobby.

When I was in high school and during the summer; I frequently babysat two girls of this one family whose parents went out to dinner/got together with friends and didn't come home until eleven or midnight. I'd feed them at 7, put them to bed around nine and have all this time of doing practically nothing but watch television. That got bored really quick since most of the shows I follow don't air new eps during the summertime.

With their permission, I was allowed to go onto the husband's computer in his office after finishing the above chores and log in as a guest. After reading a few fanfictions online, I stumbled upon fanfiction.net. Signed up and used Microsoft Word to write and publish stories while waiting for the parents to come back.

7. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I do it because idea's come to my mind. But I don't write because I forget them, I write because I think about them. Often times, I think about an idea for months. I spend hour thinking about my ideas usually because I was bored out of my mind waiting for class to start or because class was on things I already knew.

After I spent some time thinking about these ideas, I would start writing them. I put so much energy into thinking about them I didn't want the idea to be lost. So on one bored summer day, I started writing. I post my works simply as an after thought. Most of my writing is so my stories that I come up with don't get lost in time.

8. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I have so many ideas in my head, I can barely keep them contained. So I tend to write a lot of short stories that I'm too ashamed to ever show to the Internet. But I do tend to use most of those ideas for better, more comprehensible stories. :sweat:

9. Raziere

Aurora
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽52.7
    Because I love to create things, what I like to create is stories, and the best way to do so, is to write, because I have so many stories to tell.

10. Jacoman52

Jacoman52 Bug Catcher

Charms
    (Charmander)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17.3
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    It helps me process life, helps me sort through philosophical questions I'm wrestling with. What is the right thing to do in a certain situation? What's the best way to have an important conversation with somebody? Being creative--even if it's just writing a goofy story--puts me in a mode where I can think creatively in other areas of my life, too, like in relationships.

Plus it's just fun. :) I think imagination doesn't need a reason.

11. Jacoman52

Jacoman52 Bug Catcher

Charms
    (Charmander)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17.3
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Edit: Whoa, my smiley turned into a Mesprit--Mesprit, right? One of those Gen 4 Lake Trio guys?

Edit-to-the-edit: Whoops, accidentally hit reply instead of Edit. My bad!

12. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    I write because my imagination usually combines with my beliefs leading to a desire to express them. The stories I write are the method that I express that. That's why I write. A desire to tell a story I believe in.

13. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    The rare times I do write is to get ideas that have been building in my mind out, and these ideas are usually beyond my current artistic abilities. I tend to abandon a lot of works though... whoops.