1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Wii U VS XBOX One VS PS4

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xaviey14, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Which home console do you like more?

1. Playstation 4

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Wii U

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  3. XBOX One

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. PC/Other

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xaviey14

xaviey14 PGEF Veteran

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    The time has finally come for another next gen console wars. Now that we know most of the new features and capabilities of these new machines, I'm curious to see what the general consensus. In you're opinion, which one of the new consoles is best? Which one do you plan on purchasing?

Personally, I think Wii U has the ability to do better, but ehh. I'm losing slowly losing faith. The best thing it has against the other two consoles are the franchises Nintendo owns. It has tons of potential. But as of now, there are no good games for it :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Fleck

Fleck Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I got a real mix of feelings towards all three systems.

For the longest time, I've been pretty stand-offish of the wii-u. We got one, I've played it a few times, and I just can't enjoy it. There's something about having a tablet for my game pad that throws me off. However, some of the features it has is pretty neat. Its gaming library has been somewhat of an eye sore to me, I haven't seen a single game I've want up until yesterday, where X is getting my money. Nintendo's pretty focused on a small pool of games as well, which I've noticed myself moving away from quickly. I'm slowly, but surely, coming around. It's also the cheapest of the three systems, but that's not too much of an issue since I already got one. Overall, I'm disliking it, but getting better.

Next system that I got an opinion on is the PS4. I'm pretty alright with it from what I know about it. I like Sony's amount of games, 400$ price tag is much lower than what Sony originally wanted, which I feel is stupid that they expected people to want a system that costs more than that, and the new dualshock looks a little awkward, but bearable. I need to go over the E3 information for it again, however.

The Xbox One. The only thing I got good to say about it is that it has my dream car as its show off graphic. Other than that, I have no interest in it. Especially with that 500$ price tag it's wearing. I've never been a fan of Microsoft's home gaming systems, and I'm probably not going to be any time soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThePumkin

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Personally I'm a huge console gamer and I love participating in console wars! I find it very amusing to see what are other people's opinion on consoles.
    I will go for the Wii U, besides being a huge Nintendo fan, I also feel that the Wii U as HUGE POTENTIAL! its just that Nintendo didn't promote it correctly so a lot of people don't know what a Wii U is and why it has every good thing the PS4 has and doesn't have every bad thing the Xbone has!
    Hopefully with all these wonderful games announced at E3 and the death of Xbox the Wii U will grow! :D

4. OmegaBlazeBoy441

OmegaBlazeBoy441 Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I say PS4 because im more of a competitive console gamer but i knew the Wii U would be the most picked here because nintendo is what everyone here likes and its their bias. But ill stick with the ps4 and vote it up.

5. PrinceNiro

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I honestly don't care which wins, I just get the ones who have the games I like. Besides. The console war is seriously getting on my nerves. Most people are being a d*ck at it, and it's seiously annoying. I can't enjoy a game or system anymore w/o someone btching about it.

6. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    There's no way the Xbox One is gonna recover; Microsoft should fire Don Mattrick's ass for what he's done to their legacy at this point. XD Happy to see the Wii U finally get some games for once, and I'm getting a PS4 day one; it was a far better E3 than last year was.

7. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,898.9
    True, the Wii U has stumbled (and Iwata has admitted as such), but it's not out yet--some heavy hitters (Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, and Super Smash Bros.) are all coming

8. Spire

Spire Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    My personal feelings are thus:

The WiiU in first in my mind, with good graphics, the best collection of memorable characters, and even an upcoming dive into "Hardcore Gaming" with the new title "X". It's even quite cheap, with a price of $327 or something like that.

Second: The Playstation4.

Third: PC Gaming. As much as I hate that one guy who goes on forever about how PC gaming is SO MUCH better than anything the world will ever see, I'd rather be a PC gamer than the tyrannical...

XBOX ONE.

9. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,520.4
    I don't see any issues with the Wii U. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's the better of the three at this point. However, I've yet to play it.

The Xbox One is just... an awful mistake. You're honestly not going to let me play anything unless I have a good Internet connection AND I have a Kinect sensor plugged in? And if I don't disconnect the sensor, you can spy on me? I can't even get used games anymore? Really?

I really haven't heard much about the Playstation 4. Judging from what I have heard, though, it seems like a better alternative to the nightmare that is the Xbox One.

In all, if I decide to get any of these, I'll probably go for the PS4. If not, I'll just stick with my Xbox 360.

10. Lucario_J

Lucario_J David Tennant

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.6
    Wii fanboys doesn't hate, They just play!
    [​IMG]

11. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    So, the Xbox One has finally changed the policies, and has even made the system region-free; some people are actually bitching and moaning about these beneficial changes, but I for one like to own a game that I pay sixty dollars for, regardless of whether or not I play online.

12. Jathemon

Jathemon Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I've always been loyal to Sony, so I'm just kinda sittin' back and laughing at all the console wars, haha. Really the only two things stopping me from being a PC gamer, though, is 1: I like chatting and 2: my PCs choke and die if I try to play games, on them.

13. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I am against the Spybox One completely. Unless the aforementioned policy changes include no longer having a microphone working all the time, a built in camera all the time (that can fucking see in the dark) and requiring an internet connection once every 24 hours, I am not giving it a second look. Not one. I care much less about the one game per console per person thing, which is probably what has been changed after Sony made a joke out of them (and rightfully so). It's the spying bullshit I'll have no part of. Or rather the capabilities. I can only imagine how I'd feel if I was an American, having both the NSA and Microsoft trying to pull that shit.

PS4 all the way, due to what I just talked about as well as the exclusive FF.

14. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Honestly I think the Wii U is doing a lot better than both. IMO I don't see any interesting games for the Xbox one (except plants vs zombies 2) or the Ps4, and the Wii U is cheaper than both of them (I also say that the Wii U can do most of the things the Xbox one can do already).

15. William

William Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Playstation 4 for meh....gotta love Watchdogs

16. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    PS4, but I won't buy it until PS3 is totally unsupported. So I have at least 1-1,5 years.

17. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I haven't really been a fan of Nintendo's gaming systems ever since I began playing Xbox 360, which is why I am not really interested in the Wii U. The Xbox One seems terribly expensive (as I have become a casual gamer now and don't have a need to play on XBOX Live atm) , so I'm mainly excited about the PS4. I've played PS2 for several years and tried ps3 several times and although the ps3 (in my opinion) is inferior to Xbox 360, I believe that the PS4 has a great chance to greatly dominate its rival in sales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.