1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

WII U

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Achromatic, Dec 12, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    why is there no thread on this

anyways

[​IMG]

look at the drop since WII U came out buds

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I'm not exactly surprised, from looking at the commercials and trailers and things, the Wii U looks like just the old Wii plus some handheld dealy. I am sure there is much more to it than that, but the adverts don't make it clear that it's anything too different, and from how it's shown I can see why some investors would be alienated, looking at it like "oh great, their next big thing is a slightly modified version of their old thing...ehhhh".

Though I wouldn't be too surprised to see it go back up as it's promoted and sold more, and new things are released for it.

3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    To be honest, like most new products the WII U was incredibly pointless. I don't really understand how they thought it would go down well. It sounds stuid but mabe they should actually hire people who game a lot and stuff, or kids who actually buy this shit.

4. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    I personally thought the controller with a screen was a good idea. Especially if you're using a family TV and someone wants to watch TV while you're playing the game. You can still play it while they do so. But... That's about the real interesting quirk to this new console, to me. I've played on a wiiU before (played some Rayman game).

I probably won't get it until something awesome comes out onto it. Like F-Zero, Zelda, and Pokémon. . . But even then. . . XD I love my wii.

5. Snivinerior

Snivinerior Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.1
    There's nothing special about it, except the "handheld" part... they just made the Wii into a handheld, nothing else.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ThePumkin

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Actually its not just a new controller, its just that Nintendo didn't really make it clear that its a whole new system with better HD graphics, Better Games, Better online, Etc actually the Wii U in my opinion is HUGE compared to Xbox 360 and PS3!

Pokechu likes this.
  7. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I think the problem was the name. It's so much better than the Wii, in every way, and it's got graphics better than PS3 and Xbox 360! People just see an U after it and think it's a little upgrade, kind of like the DSi
    I wish Nintendo had named it differently though. I would have named it... Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System, the UNES xD

8. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Yeah that's where I think the problem lies as well, it wasn't explained how much better it was, only the most mundane features like using a controller with a screen and being able to transfer the picture from a TV to that screen were really shown off. So investors and the public at large look at it and see nothing special, a small update to their old system and not much more.

9. ThePumkin

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Well Investors not much, if you noticed In the release date games are very diferent and a lot more 3rd party support, which is REALLY rare for Nintendo,
    Mass Effect, Batman, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Darksiders.

10. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Sure, but I was talking about the graphic in the first post which showed the drop. I don't doubt it will pick up again but I can see why it dropped.

11. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    I just had to buy a new wii system since my old one doesn't play wii games anymore. x.x So that's the major part as to why I'm holding off on the WiiU.
    I agree with you Slugkid. :C I wish they did name it something else. It probably would have helped the sales or something, maybe. *Le shrug*

12. Iris Hunter

Iris Hunter Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    I had the same problem with my old Wii system. It would turn on, but it wouldn't play any of my Wii games! :( We never found out how to fix it... However, my little brother saw comercials for the Wii U and he went crazy for it. Now we have a Wii U and it is better than I expected. I agree with you though, they really should have had a better name for it...

13. Azalea1

Azalea1 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    My boyfriend has a WiiU and he's been playing it a lot so far.

I actually wanted one REALLY badly for Christmas but that kind of died down, and I ended up getting a Wii with five games for $100 about a month ago. Much happier with that I think, since I can still play my GameCube games now too.

14. pokewut

pokewut Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    The only way I'll get a Wii U is if a really killer game comes out for it. Like a new Pokémon Stadium. I'd totally buy it then!

15. DatPepe

DatPepe Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Actually it is more powerful then ps3 or xbox 360 and has (an EXTREMELY small, but a good amount of) some pretty good games :3

16. Alyx

Alyx Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽48.1
    I think the Wii U just goes better with newer TVs than the Wii. The Wii U is an HD console and the picture looks so awesome and clear on my TV and that was the only reason I bought it so I could play my Wii games in HD (the picture was terrible with just my Wii and I tried to do something about it to little avail, so the Wii U was a good upgrade, but I just wish I could afford the games that come out for it, $60 for a game? That's practically a new console right there, used).

17. Ash

Ash Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    The wiiU feels like two consoles in one you know the control feels like a handheld and if you want to play on main console you can i mean i think you get a pretty full experiance as a gamer. Plus Mario Kart 8 and the new brawl game coming out for the 3ds and wiiU should be something to look forward to also since the games look really amazing.

18. Antiginger

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Heh Wii U is amazing. Any of you all played Wonderful 101?

19. Tierage

Tierage Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I thought the idea of a Wii U was awkward, but when I got it I really actually liked it. The handheld screen thing made it convenient for when someone else in the room was watching TV or something.

20. Nintega

Nintega School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    The WiiU's graphics are GORGEOUS! That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.