1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Wild Emboar appeared!

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Enbuoh, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Enbuoh

SS Egg #1 Delta Plus
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Oran Berry ★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    Heya! The name's Enbuoh, the Japanese name for my favourite fully-evolved starter! I came because I read a fic someone wrote that mentioned this forum, and I immediately became interested because I wanted a more Pokémon filled forum experience! That being said it has been more than 6 months since I was super active in a forum but I hope my experiences talking to everyone here are enjoyable!

Some things about me:
    1. You can also call me Laikwan, it's one of my real names and the name I'm more comfy using on less-common social media like forums
    2. IRL, I'm a rising third year software engineering student in university who loves reading, studying, and testing code/programs, but gets annoyed by code and certain languages easily ^^' I also have a passion for drawing and modern calligraphy, but my career ambition is to become either an app/game developer or working with databases.
    3. I write Pokémon fanfiction and love yelling about the games, manga, certain anime seasons. I am currently working on whatever fic idea is floating my boat as well as a major crossover AU with the anime series Gundam 00.
    4. My other interests are: various anime fandoms, the Japanese voice acting industry (I LOVE seiyuu and I love yelling about the seiyuu involved in Pokémon in whatever form), and figure skating (I watch the sport avidly during the season)
    5. My favourite Pokémon are Emboar, Hydreigon, and Empoleon, and I love 4th and 5th gen the most. I have too many favourite game characters, and my favourite season of the anime is season 19, XY&Z!
    6. I'd love to get to know everyone here better as we discuss many things!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Hellllllooooo @Enbuoh and welcome to Lake Valor! I'm so glad you joined us and I hope you enjoy it here. There's a ton of stuff to do around this place including reading and writing as well as art and just casual discussion. We've got something for everyone! Plus, we have our very own Pokémon Catcher (Pokémon appear as you browse the site) and you can level them up and evolve them too after Catching them.

A couple of things:
    - Check out and join our Discord (Left vertical panel towards the top of the site)
    - I would highly suggest reading the "Help" bar at the top of your page cause it's really handy.
    - Let me know if you need any help and I'll do my best to assist ya!

Finally, I'm curious, what languages are you able to code in and which one are you the best at?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enbuoh

SS Egg #1 Delta Plus
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Java is the language I am the best at because it was the language I have used since high school, though I also am familar with the other basic languages (C, Python). There are also more I want to at least stick my head in before I enter the next school term too, especially MySQL lol

Thank you for the offer, but I do have to decline joining for now -- Discord doesn't do a lot of good to my mental health atm ;_;

Thanks for all the other links and tips btw! Really appreciate it hh

4. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Greetings! I see you are a man of culture too.

Welcome to the lake!

5. Tailsimp

Tailsimp Bug Catcher

Jabbers
    (Totodile)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    Welcome to the forums! I'm new here myself, but so far, this place is wonderful~ I hope you enjoy your time here as well!

Dang all that is awesome! Coding seems really interesting (but really hard) to learn! Your hobbies sound cool too! If you don't mind my asking, what makes you like modern calligraphy compared to older styles? (Not that I know much about either, it just seems like an interesting distinction you've made.) Either way, best of luck on becoming an app/game designer! That seems like such a diverse and interesting field to be in!

I hope to see you around the forums!

6. Enbuoh

SS Egg #1 Delta Plus
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Thanks!

What actually got me into modern calligraphy is brush calligraphy -- I have an obsession with brush pens and have been practising how to letter and write in more //classical// styles with them for up to 2 years now. I think the main difference is that modern calligraphy has a lot more styles than just the traditional gothic esque fonts you typically think of, like how it includes brush fonts and all.

Also thanks LOL I appreciate it a lot because where I live this field is very competitive lol

7. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,658.2
    Welcome to LV! Out of curiosity, what was the fanfic that brought you here?

8. Enbuoh

SS Egg #1 Delta Plus
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    I believe it was @rylek196 's rewrite of Pokémon White!

9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Henlo! Welcome to the Lake!
    I hope you have a great time here!

Enbuoh likes this.
  10. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Well hello there! Welcome :D
    Glad you decided to join us! <3
    In addition to Vig's, you can check out those links:
    https://lakevalor.net/help/bb-codes https://lakevalor.net/help/smilies
    If you need help, my PMs should be open!
    Also, it seems you're gonna enjoy quite a few sections here, right off the bat! There's the Literature Library for written works, Video Games for, well, video games, Pokémon General, Switch & Other Pokémon games… in short, a ton of stuff you can do! I also believe your favorite Pokémon, or at least their pre-evolutions, are roaming somewhere on-site;)

11. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Hopefully you will have alot of fun here!

Enbuoh likes this.
  12. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    A man of culture I see (Empoleon is my favorite Pokémon despite my username) but welcome!

Enbuoh likes this.
  13. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    @Enbuoh Ah, somebody who likes Gen 4 and Gen 5... we'll get along just fine!

Welcome to Lake Valor! It's always nice to have new faces around :D. I started down the software engineering path, but it wasn't quite for me (I'm still learning Python though because some programming experience looks real nice on a resume XD ).

Our big summer event, Summer Scramble, is coming up in about a week! If you're interested in signing up, I'd highly recommend it! It will be a jolly good time for all.

I look forward to getting to know you. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Enbuoh likes this.
  14. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0
    Aww yiss, more fanfic people! 8D Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your stuff in Lit Library~

Enbuoh likes this.
  15. Enbuoh

SS Egg #1 Delta Plus
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Thank you for the welcome! (And to all others who replied after last night as well hh) Also nice to see another Persona 5 fan here ;) and oh yes that programming knowledge is defiitely real shiny looking on a resume whether you're in my major or not! xD

Will check out the event details, and I also hope I get to know you and everybody here in no time :D

Wizard likes this.
  16. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm a little late, but welcome! You've joined just in time for the Summer Scramble!

Enbuoh likes this.
  17. Richard and Blaziken

Raven
    (Torchic)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10.4
    Welcome! As you saw, I'm also new, but it's cool seeing many people join around the same time. Hope to get to know you better! Emboar is a good bro :)

Enbuoh likes this.
  18. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Welcome to LV! ^^

Enbuoh likes this.
  19. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Hi. Welcome to LV! Hopes you know how to swim!