1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Will there ever be...

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Cabbion, Aug 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Cabbion

Cabbion School Kid

Monny
    (Rockruff)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽382.4
    Do anyone think that there will be a PMD [Pokémon Mystery Dungeon] game that features generation 7 and 8 Pokémon? Well at least generation 7 as 8 just came out.

Would be nice. I am a big fan of this spin off, every since the first games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    There might be. Its really hard to say if Nintendo wants to breath life into the series or not. They may not be able to make any more games with the old developers they partnered with which may kill the series there. I know that game freak hasn't been producing good writers for Pokémon and I'm skeptical that they alone could come up with any story themselves. If they produce bad writing, the series will start to fail (which we saw with gates). Overall, the series life is uncertain, but in my eyes its grim if they can't hire someone else, and considering their track record with stories from the main games...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,267.0
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I would think so yes, they tend to catch up a bit later. I would love to see their take on Megas as long as they keep it for the end game and rather rare.

4. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,901.1
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Odds are, they will. Given the positive reception of Super and DX, PMD doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Spike Chunsofts really the only people that do that style of game so I doubt Pokémon Company would want to drag a different dev in to do it, let alone Game Freak for the story given how significant the story of PMDs are for most players.. Just depends on how long they decide to take to make it.

5. Cabbion

Cabbion School Kid

Monny
    (Rockruff)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽382.4
    Yes, Gates to Infinity is just about everyone's least favorite of the series. However, I still enjoyed it and racked up hours. Super was a step up but not as good as Time/Darkness/Sky. If Chunsoft is out, perhaps the series is on a little hiatus and that is a understatment. As for the main series B/W 1, not 2, were my absolute favorites when it came to story wise. Game Freak has not did a better story since. They've been ok.

6. Cabbion

Cabbion School Kid

Monny
    (Rockruff)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽382.4
    I have not played the remaster of Blue/ Red Rescue Teams yet. Maybe for Christmas, I still play the old DS Blue here and there. So I guess it's better to do remakes with added on mechanics from newer main series games for now.

Jeydis likes this.
  7. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,901.1
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Rescue Team DX is superior to the original games. And I kind of doubt that we won't get a new title for the series in the future. Why would Spike Chunsoft not develop more titles in the series that often gets them the most mainstream attention? Odds are the reason why we got DX first was because Spike Chunsoft wanted to test the hardwares potential first as they had not developed a PMD title on home console yet. PMD has always been a bit niche though it always comes back. After all, people were skeptical we'd get a new game after Gates to Infinity sucked, yet here we are anyway.

8. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I think the chance of that happening is basically the same as Gen 4 is having a remake. Close to Zero.

9. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,901.1
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Huh? Im pretty sure theres a high probability of Gen IV getting remade. They've done it for the last 3 gens, no reason why they'd stop before IV