1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

WIP: Pokemon Box Pepakura

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by imousenano, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imousenano

imousenano Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    [​IMG]

So, I'm new here (so bear with me if I'm doing this wrong), and I'm looking for some suggestions on how to improve on this while I'm still in the progress of making it.
    It's a pepakura gift box that looks like a Pokéball, obviously, haha. Umm. This is just the top half, and I'm starting the bottom half after I retrieve some dinner. (I still have a few details to add to the top as well)
    I can't get the top piece of the dome to lay flat, and I'm kind of stuck as to how to accomplish this. Also, it's made out of cardstock, and while it already is sturdy, do you have any suggestions as to any tips to make it last longer?
    I've never done any paper making activity of this size, so any comments / critiques / suggestions would be loved!​

Thanks so much!
    :wub: xoxo Mouse​

2. Stark

Stark

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I can't comment on the artistic details, as I completely lack that talent - though it does look really neat! I am a fan :)

imousenano likes this.
  3. imousenano

imousenano Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Thanks, I really appreciate the comment! (:

4. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    I wish I could give you advice but crafts are pretty much out of my comfort zone. I have no idea how you went about doing this out of cardstock so grats, it looks pretty cool XD Good luck with it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    I don't do much craft work anymore... :C

But you could put some form of sealer on it? Maybe?
    I'm not really sure what kind of sealer would work.
    If you get one, I would test it on scrap paper before putting it on the final product. Just in case it makes the color murky or something.

6. imousenano

imousenano Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Oh, very carefully xP If I made it out of regular paper, it would have fallen apart and been a glob of yuck from all of the glue. xP And thanks! I just finished it up yesterday, and once I figure out how to make a hinge for it, I'm gonna post it. :D

Thanks for the advice. (: I'm not going to be able to get to it on this project, but if I do something like this again in the future, that's a good tip.
    I had a friend that made a pepakura Halo helmet, and he mentioned that he was going to try to coat it in fiberglass or something, but I never got around to figuring out if he went through with it nor not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.