1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Wooden vs mechanical pencils

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RadEmpoleon, Jan 25, 2021.

?

The superior pencil:

1. Wooden!

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Mechanical!

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Which kind of pencil is superior, the wooden pencil or mechanical pencil?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    While I do not have a major preference between the two, I like being able to put my pencil in my pocket easily. I'll take mechanical pencils despite their tendency to break more easily (at least from my experience).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I prefer wooden pencils, because most of what I use pencils for is drawing, and I feel like wooden pencils are more versatile when it comes to art. I can use them for shading, the lines are thicker (which suits my drawing style better), and I just like them, even if I have to sharpen them.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  4. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,673.0
    Oh boy, do I have something to tell. I VASTLY prefer wooden pencils for many reasons.
    1. It feels waaaay better in my hands.
    2. Erasers are much, much more reliable
    3. YOU CAN'T ACCIDENTLY JAM A PIECE OF GRAPHITE INTO SOMEONE'S ARM WHEN YOU RUN IN THE HALLS OF SCHOOL AND LEAVE IT THERE.
    4. Much cheaper in the long run
    5. Reliable
    6. My special pencil grips works for them (I struggle holding a pencil correctly without it hurting my hand after a while using it)
    7. The weight is what I'm used it
    8. I'm a sensory person. I learned using wooden pencils in freaking OT and PT! It's freaking easier to use than mechaical!

...there, I said my piece. NEVER TELL ME OTHERWISE BECAUSE THIS IS WHY I VASTLY PREFER NORMAL 2H PENCILS>

5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    As a bloke who never stopped using wooden pencils for literally everything (notes, quizzes, homeworks, etc.) mine answer should be quite obvious~

6. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    I've almost always used wooden pencils so those are superior for me. Mechanical ones are good too but it doesn't feel the same, ya know what I mean?

7. aZL

aZL Youngster

Jovius
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38.4
    whichever one's cheaper tbh. a pencil's a pencil to me.

8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    To me, mechanical pencils and their tiny little leads break way too easily. Also, the leads are much less controllable - if they all fall out the container and onto carpet, good luck finding them ever again. Wooden pencils don't have that issue as far as I know, although I suppose they get lost far more easily (for reasons still yet unknown).

9. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    As fragile as mechanical pencils are I prefer the stable grip and replaceable graphite. Plus I don’t have to deal with those pesky pencil shavings.

NyxieRina likes this.