1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Words per minute

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, Feb 3, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    How fast can you read? Do you prefer to read quickly or slowly? Why do you prefer that way? If you're on the slower end of the scale are you not able to read the words, or can you not pieces the information?

On a different side of this, what is your typing speed? What's your style of typing? Is having a faster speed important to you?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I'd like to say that I can read fairly fast, certainly above the average reading speed of my classmates, as I almost always finish whatever I'm supposed to read ahead of them. The faster I read initially, the more time and I can go back and add details to my original thoughts, which is the best method for me.

Ah! Typing! I just did about 6-7 tests and averaged them and I got an average of 113.175 wpm, which I think is pretty good. One interesting thing that I do while typing is that I only use the space bar with my right thumb, never my left.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    (omg you did it again)
    When I was like 10 or 11, my parents thought it'd be a good idea to sign me up for a typing course at a local high school which wasn't a bad idea in itself and it taught me how to type (mostly) blindly, but the problem was the texts we had to copy. I remember one text especially: "The historical background of the Chinese cabbage". It was bad and frustrating and eventually I managed to finish it. The worst thing was, when I finally received my certificate they'd spelled my fucking name wrong, unbelievable. If I remember correctly, my score was 135 WPM with no errors, which was pretty good in comparison to the other students.

4. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I read...normally? If I'm interested it'll get pretty fast though.
    As for typing, I graduated my administration program with the astonishing speed of 40wpm, I suck.

5. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    I read, I'm told, extremely fast. The downside is that I sometimes miss things, but most of the time when I read fast, I actually read through everything. I type pretty fast too, mostly self taught, with minimal errors. Only problem is when I go to fast and one of the letters is typed before the other, or the shift key is held for too long, so on and so forth. Nanowrimo has taught me how to type as fast as possible, especially though word sprints, and has helped my typing a lot as well

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I like to read slowly and steadily, savouring the material. Because of that, I don't like having to read books because I'm obligated to, such as for a comprehension exercise or, even worse, a book report.
    However, I also have a strange (and bad) habit of skipping ahead to notice words on the next page, even though I'm still in the middle of the former page. This has led me to believe that my brain is capable of reading very quickly, skipping through the material in little time, but I force myself to slow down so I can actually retain and enjoy the book.

The last time I took a test for typing speed, I was clocked at roughly 105 WPM, though I do not know how accurate that figure still is. It could be more accurate than I realise, though I myself don't find WPM as a useful metric for much of anything.

7. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I can read really fast, around 180 words per minute. I prefer to read a tad bit slowly, however, to get the scenery of the text into my head. If I read at a balanced rate, which is not too fast or not too slow, I can feel what is happening hence absorbing me into the story.

As for typing, my sister and I type really fast, perhaps like a lot of people. We actually trained using Pokémon: Typing adventure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.