1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Worst Abilities

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by VintageRaticate, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VintageRaticate

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.2
    Oh boy. I can think of way too many. xD

Klutz-Prevents the use of held items

Defeatist-Lowers stats when HP is less than half.

Truant-skips ever other turn by the user

Pressure-What the heck does this ability even do?

2. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Weak armor, that is just bullshit, it lowers your defense and raises your speed when hit by a physical attack...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Totalheartsboy

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.3
    Leaf Guard........ Are you kidding me!?

What the heck!? With this ability it only works when Sunny Day is in the field......making grass types more easy to KO, from fire types.

I think this is the worst ability for a grass type seriously....even Own Tempo is better for Lilligant than Leaf Guard.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Pressure is an awesome ability, especially if you plan on stalling. It allows you to deplete the PP faster so that you could stop taking major damage from your opponent's attacks. If you're going out offensive, then I'd understand why you would hate it.

For me the worst ability is Defeatist, but since that was mentioned already, I'd go with Slow Start. Lowered Attack and Speed for 5 turns is pretty bad. :/

5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,712.2
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    truant, why would I only want to go once

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Eh, Truant and Slow Start for me. Truant is annoying all the time, while Slow Start screws you during the first 5 turns. Great...

7. Alyx

Alyx Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽48.1
    Helping Hand.

Let's help our opponent defeat us.

Wait. I misread. abilities? or moves? Yeah. Abilities. Slow Start.

8. RainbowDashie

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Truant.

Who thought of this idea for an ability?

Why would I want to just attack every other turn?

I'd like to see someone defend this ability.

9. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Abilities? Defeatist, definitely. It's just stupid, and the Pokémon with it can't even learn skill swap to give it a good reason for existing. Defeatist is why I don't use Archeops. :/

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Klutz can actually be utilized pretty well with Lopunny. Lets say you have a choice scarfed lopunny with switcheroo. Although Lopunny doesn't gain the benefits, it still isn't locked into any moves with the scarf. It can switch of the scarf whenever it needs to and then messes up your opponent's strategy.

I guess any ability can be utilized in its own way, though those really pesky ones like Slow Start, Defeatist, and Truant really do make it difficult to make a solid effort in battle unless you have entrainment with the Pokémon's moveset.

A few ability that I think are pretty mediocre are:

-Illuminate (Does absolutely nothing inside of battle)
    -Light Metal (It makes you lighter, but the Pokémon with it gain no significant benefits)
    -Normalize (Although this provides a stab for all of your attacks, it leaves you with terrible coverage and a horrible standpoint to ghost types and anything that resists normal type moves)
    -Stall (You always get to move last, isn't that swell)

11. Arctic Eclipse

Arctic Eclipse Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Truant. I did not mind if though when I was battling Slaking in the Petalburg Gym in Hoenn though.

12. kaleidoscope-bubbles

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Weak armor isn't very good. I don't really care for a decrease in defense, even if speed goes up.

And as everyone else has said, truant. Attacking every two turns is a bad ability.

Normalize too. Normal type isn't super effective against anything and can't damage ghost types, so having all your moves be normal type wouldn't be a good strategy.

13. Magistrum

Magistrum Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Truant had a saving grace in Durant, where it can use Entrainment to make the opponent have Truant, too. This led to setup opportunities for sweepers (switch in during the turn Truant triggers, Protect next turn, then use a setup move on the next, Protect>Setup as much as you want.

Slow Start and Defeatist are some of the worst abilities, hands down. They could only be offset during doubles where a partner could potentially use an ability-altering move. Normalize has some potential if a Ghost-type with Entrainment or Skill Swap could have it, though.

I would also like to add another ability to the table: Zen Mode. Looking at Darmanitan as its sole recipient, one could only see Zen Mode as another(or perhaps worse) version of Defeatist. Why the hell would you want to change into a slow-ass forme when you're down to half your HP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.