1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Worst Injury you Got as a Kid

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gazi, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Kids get hurt. It's just a part of life. When you were younger, what was the worst injury you've ever gotten? Did it leave you with any scars?

For me, I tripped and cut my hand on a tree stump. I had to get six stitches, and I now have a scar that is about an inch long. I don't really remember the injury hurting all that much, I was even able to go to my dance lesson between getting hurt and getting the stitches, but I was absolutely terrified when a friend said I would need stitches. The thought just scared me.

2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I fell off my bike going down a steep driveway and as a result I now have a really gross scar on my elbow.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    A cut down my calf from a bike standard, I still have a pretty visible scar from it, but I never had to have stitches for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I never got any scars or broken bones, but I once caught my finger in a subway door. I remember it being fairly painful and I had a "cast" (more like a bunch of bandages) on it for about a week.

Edit: I forgot about the time I fell off a table! My grandparents were watching my brother and I (in their house, not ours), and we were playing some game they'd given us. We were both sitting on their coffee table in the living room, which has a tile floor. I was sitting on the corner of the table, and my brother was sitting nearer to the center. However, he kept insisting he didn't have enough space, and telling me to move over, even though there was nowhere for me to move. Eventually he started shoving me over so that he had even more space, shoved me too far, and I fell head-first onto the tile floor. Luckily there was no lasting damage, but I'm still indignant about it.

#4 Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,008.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Well I have plenty of scars but they're either because I'm an idiot that can't leave mosquito bites alone or work related. The only injury I've ever really had you can call major in any way was when I sprained my wrist. Had to spend 4 hours waiting in the emergency room and it took less than 5 minutes to take care of it. I also have a decent sized scar on my right calf but that's from getting a big mold removed.

6. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I'm not all that accident prone, but when I was very young, about four or five, my brother and I were playing on this old gym set my uncle was throwing out. We were pretending to fly a spaceship, and my brother took a bar and, I'm not quite sure what he did with it, but it slammed against my jaw so hard two teeth that weren't even loose fell out, and a gap formed between my front two teeth that has since remained permanent. I had to get stitches for it and all. I don't remember much from it, but yeah.

7. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My worst one happened when I was 3. One night I was in the bathroom and leaned against one of the walls was a mirror that -from what I can remember- my mother was getting ready to install. Anyway, I thought it'd be a good idea to put it on the floor and crawl on it so I could see my reflection better. You can probably guess what happened next (it cracked under my knees, and I had shards of glass sticking out of them everwhever). I had to go the hospital and get them all removed, all without any anaesthetic, so it hurt like hell. On top of that I also had to get stitches, and because the doctor doing it wasn't very good at his job, they were placed in very weirdly and left a decent sized scar on my right leg which I've still got. Thankfully the other cuts didn't scar.
    Oh and then there was the time I was bouncing on my mother's bed and I fell and split my head on on one of the wooden corners on the end of the bed. Thankfully it wasn't to serious and I only had to get the cut glued.

8. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I fell when playing on a scooter and hit my chin on the sidewalk. I ended up needing to get somewhere between 4 and 6 stitches for it. I'm not sure how many because I passed out briefly when getting the stitches put in. And the doctors didn't do a very good job because there ended up being a scab that formed over the stitches, so when I went back to my usual doctor he had to pick the scab off to try to take the stitches out. After a while he gave up because it was hurting me too much. He thought he probably got them all out, but when the scab eventually fell off, there were two (or maybe one and a half?) still left so I took them out myself.

9. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    For me, it was around when I was five years old. I fell off my bed, which was the top bunk of a wooden bunk bed, and broke my arm. I got a cast and everything. The problem was that after getting the cast, it hurt less than it itched, and me being the stupid little genius I was, somehow managed to slide off not only the first cast, but also the replacement, in a period of two weeks. The third cast was a hard enough material that I couldn't get it off, but I really only cared about the itching back then. It is, looking back, one of my funniest memories.

10. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I slammed the middle finger of my left hand in the front door by accident once, when I was...nine or ten, I think? At our old house we had steps leading up to the front door, and going out the back door meant going down a dark alley into the street, and I was impatient to get out on my skates. I slipped whilst closing the door...and the top of my middle finger nearly came all the way off. It actually didn't hurt at all, but it was very messy, and obviously I needed stitches. I wasn't too happy about that, because I've had a phobia of hospitals since I was six years old.

...but on the up-side I didn't have to do Sports Day at school that year because my finger was in a cast. I always hated doing sports at school and was very happy for the excuse. xD

11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I cracked my head open on a tetherball pole once because my friends and I were playing tag after a rainy day. Not a pretty sight, and I still have a noticeable scar above my left eye now. Miraculously didn't need stitches or even suffer a serious concussion. I was still out of school for nearly a week though >_>

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    My worst ever injury was getting kicked in the back. I had trouble breathing for around a minute or so. I think I was around 9 then.
    But in terms of scars, I got a really thin, nearly invisible scar from 6th grade. I walked into another kid who had a sheet of paper in their expandable, and it gave me an inch-long cut. I didn't even know it was there until someone else asked "dude, what happened to your arm?". Then I saw it. I still have that scar to this day, but it's hard to see unless you know where it is.

13. Sylphiel

Sylphiel Swimmer

Volcanion Egg
    (Volcanion Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽568.2
    It was probably either:
    Me jumping on the couch when I was ~5 years old and tripping and slamming my chin on the coffee table - it needed stitches, though I don't remember too much about that part. That scar is not visible, though I can still feel a little something there.

or

Me spraining my finger badly when I was 7 or 8 years old because I jumped off a chair into one of those small plastic pools (all the other kids were doing it at that time!) and landed on my hand. I was convinced my finger was broken, but thankfully it wasn't....did have to wear a splint for a bit because of that, though.

14. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I didn't really get injured when I was young but there was one time. I don't know how old I was but I know it as in mid-early elementary school. My mom had a rather large SUV that we all just called a truck and my seat was suspended far off the ground. I was getting out of the car when my foot gets stuck in the car. Next thing I know I'm falling face first on the asphalt, but apparently I fell knee first. This is where things get blurry, I remember all the skin on the kneecap being gone but on second take I was probably exaggerating as a child. Either way is was a huge gas and I didn't get stitches but I still have a grey circle as a scar in my kneecap that, for most of my childhood, I thought was a rock stuck under my skin.

15. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    It should be the time that a got hurt when I was riding a bus.

This is how it goes: I was 10(I think) and I was with parents and we were going to Tai Wai(A place in HK)by bus. When the bus turns, it turned so sharp that it forced me to a rail on the bus near my seat and caused my waist to have a minor inner bleeding and an area to be purple due to the blood stasis. When my mum touched it, it hurt like hell. I screamed so loudly that it made me stopped screaming.

16. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    When I was 8, I tried to turn my scooter into a driveway. Due to going at an awkward angle, my scooter fell over and I hit my left elbow straight on the road. Only a small part of my elbow broke, but I still had to wear a cast for a few months. Even though it’s been nearly ten years, it still hurts a ton whenever I hit my left elbow on something.