1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Worst Injury

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GardyVoira

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    A few months ago, I broke 3 of my ribs and cracked my skull (and wound up with a trillion cuts and bruises) because of defenestration.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    The worst injury I've ever had was a broken wrist. I'm not so sure if it is graphic but better be safe then sorry.

I fell on it during a march past where I tripped on a pole or someone tripped me because I was sure I cleared it. I landed on my left wrist first causing it to break both bones - well, they were fractures but it broke in such a way, the arm was literally hanging on as the doctor said. So he puts the cast on and tells me he'll push it up, but only a little bit since if he pushes too much he'll break it clean in two. Which is something I advise you not to tell an eleven year old.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I've never been injured that badly! I think the worst is when I was biking and crash, earning a gash in my knee.
    I've never broken anything.

4. Phantom of Music

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Does a dislocation count? I've had 2 of those on each knee.

I was born without cartilage in my knees, so I can LITERALLY be just STANDING HERE and they could pop out of place! Each of my knees has popped out twice. The doctor says I can never run or play any sports. Crap. Also, every time I pop a knee out, he says the next time I see him it'll be to schedule my knee surgery.
    The rest I'll put in spoilers just to be safe. It's got some language and is pretty long, but oh well.

OK, so I was in 4th grade and I was headed towards the bathrom. As I was coming out of the stall, and I realized I couldn't walk on my right leg,. I looked down and, I still don't know what exactly happened to this day, but I looked down and my right kneecap was popped out of place. I was freaking out and I half limped half crawled to the far wall. There was another girl there looking really scared/ I told her to get a teacher.
    After a few seconds, I realized it wasn't hurting, so I calmed down and looked at it. Still out of place, but I was thinking 'why the hell isn't it hurting?!' I knew I had to get it back in, so I looked away as I straightened my leg out, and I actually felt it move back in place. Eventually the teacher came, and the girl that was there said I had dislocated my knee, and the nurse came, but she thought I had faked it, so she made me walk all the way to her office on the other side of the school with me knee still hurting like hell and I couldn't even walk. I didn't even get to go home early.
    All that night when I got home, mom and Dustin didn't believe me and thought I had just 'twisted it,'
    But the next day, I couldn't even walk or move my leg it hurt so bad. I went to the doctor to find out I had torn a ligament on the inside of my knee when it dislocated. He also pointed out my no cartilage and basically ruined my life by saying I could never join any sports or anything because I can just straighten my legs out and they could pop out right then and there. I had to wear a knee brace and was on crutches for almost a year.
    And about 2 years later, my right knee thought 'fuck it, let's have more fun,' and popped put again. This time, I had stretched the muscle over my kneecap. That gave me about 2 more years in physical therapy.
    Then, my LEFT knee decided to pop out twice, and the most recent time we had to have my entire leg put in a makeshift splint as we drove to the hospital. There, I had to wait in the waiting room with a dislocated knee that hurt so fucking bad I couldn't even move my whole leg or even reposition myself for about an hour. Yeah, I had to WAIT in the waiting room for almost an hour. Even then, they didn't pop it back yet. It was popped back in place about 2 hours after we came, and the pain was unbearable, I was just thinking 'pop my damn knee back in place!' but it wasn't right away and the pain was so bad they gave me morphine, but it didn't help at all. After it was popped back in (which was by far THE worst pain ever!) my leg was put in an immobilizer, which only made my knee stiff and almost impossible to move, and I had to go through MORE physical therapy.

So, you can see I had a lot of fun with my knees.

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    One time I got pushed in to bench accidentally and it put a whole in the bottom of my mouth...ouch. They didn't even send me home from school.

6. ⑨ニコ〜ニコ

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    When I was younger I broke my right arm, I think I was running when my parents and I went shopping and I tripped and landed on my arm wrong. Needless to say that was my writing hand, so in school I had someone write notes for me and help me with my schoolwork.

7. Spammernoob

Spammernoob A Spammer or a Noob?

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.4
    I tripped and scraped my knee.

Mostly, I just hide inside and play video games, so... :D

8. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I've never broken a bone, and most of the injuries I've sustained have been self-inflicted in some way- usually just bumping into something and bruising/cutting myself, haha. I did slam my leg down weird in the middle of a sparring match once and I compressed my kneecap into my upper leg, which still causes me problems years later. Other than that, I really haven't been injured too badly.

9. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Hmmm, this happened when I was about 18 months or so. My older sibs were playing on a swing set and I ran behind them and the swing crashed into my face. Had to get stitches and I've still got the scar, a small one that's mostly hidden by my eyebrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.