1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Worst Legendary/Mythical Pokémon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Chicken, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Despite being legendaries, some Pokémon end up being a complete disappointment competitively, including one of my favourites.

The worst would probably be Phione in my opinion, as it has the worst stats and a mediocre move-pool. The regis and Articuno were also pretty disappointing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I don't like the legendary goats from gen 5. They are good in competetive battling, but their designs aren't that good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Goats? Sorry if Ia does not know Gen. 5, but who are the Legendary Goats?

4. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Regirock has always, and will always be my most disliked legendary mon as far as design goes. The other Regis are fairly cool looking (especially my boy Registeel), but Regirock just looks bland and ugly to me.
    Complete Zygarde is pretty damn ugly too. The design is waayyy too cluttered and it looks more like a transformer than anything out of the Pokémon universe.
    As for mythicals, I think onion fairy Celebi, Manaphy, Diancie, and Marshadow look terrible.

5. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Yup it's the region's trio.
    [​IMG]

6. Friskian

Friskian Hex Maniac

Enemy Stand
    (Trickster)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Regigigas and its Ability , just, why??

7. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    I actually like Virizion's design, but its grass typing makes it bad competitively.

8. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Regirock, becuase even when you catch it and even though you think you’ve won, it wins. It eats away at your sanity and makes you look like a nutcase infront if your friends and......... wait, where was I going with this? Just, screw Regirock.

Chicken likes this.
  9. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I would have to say that Ho-oh was a bit disappointing, with Moltres and Charizard being introduced as Fire-Flying types in the previous gen, seeing another Fire-Flying was just underwhelming, especially next to Lugia's awesome design.

10. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Thx~
    Anywāy for mē Mewtwo looks kīnd of awkward~

11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Celebi is a tragedy competitive-wise :(

Design-wise, I don't actively dislike any of them, but Regirock is kinda bland :P

12. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Cosmoem.
    It was cute, but I just wasn't a huge fan since I just didn't think it was necessary.

13. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Yeah, it literally has the most weaknesses in the game. Its 4x weakness to bug is what cripples it the most due to how common they are. It does have decent coverage, though. Ancient Power is good against fire, ice, flying, and bug, which are the most common out of Celebi's weaknesses.

14. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Some of ya'll are really overplaying the fact that it has 7 weaknesses and think it's a terrible mon competitively. Even with it's many weaknesses, it's still a decent mon last gen, and in smogon tiers it was even ou for a good amount of time in generation 6 because it's quite versatile, and while the bad parts of it's typing are picked on, it also has many good resistances being water, ground, fighting, grass, electric, and psychic. It's not like bug is a good offensive typing and really is mostly seen on bug-types or u-turners. Otherwise it's not going to really drop to someone randomly having Flamethrower since it has good 100/100/100 bulk, and still has good offensive options. It's not the best legendary, but seems like you guys think it's much worse than it actually is.

You wanna know a mon that doesn't do a good job at trying to be defensive yet has defensive stats? Articuno. Nice design, but it's not a good mon at all. 4x weak to rocks, gaining nothing defensively from it's ice typing, weak to fire/electric/steel which are more common than it's resists in Grass/Bug, and it's only good resist being an immunity to ground. Ice/Flying is not a type you want to have when you are trying to be bulky with 90/100/125 bulk. if those stats were shifted into it's offensive stats, it'd be so much better. Ice/Flying is a very, very strong offensive combo. Unfortunately that's not the case and it becomes another bad defensive ice-type like Avalugg, Regice, Cryogonal (in fact, I think Cryogonal is a better defensive Ice-type than articuno tbh) etc.

15. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Yeah, I agree. I think Gamefreak should switch its SpA and SpD stats. I don't get why the other two birds get increased SpA but Articuno gets increased SpD. I don't really see the correlation between ice and defence. I think if its speed stat was increased as well, it would've been even better. I think its stats should be 90HP/85Atk/90Def/125SpA/100SpD/90Spd.

16. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Well the worst legendary I think is ,without a doubt, maga latios and latias. Game freak just take the design of maga latios/maga latias and then change very slightly(like most shinies) and we have two maga that when play hackmons. There is no way to identify which is which when given nicknames.
    This is lazy. Game freak did not think at all. Yes I know latios and latias are twins. But at least give their maga a more noticeable difference.

17. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Regigigas just sucks. I have to agree that mega latios and latias was an extreme disappointment for me. I liked their original designs over their megas. I love the idea of Phione hate the execution. As for Articuno, I love the bird's design and adore the ice typing but gamefreak, seriously, re-balance ice types!

18. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    All the Regis are pretty mediocre to me, honestly. None of them strike me as particularly interestingly designed, and Regigigas also has that dumb ability to boot.

19. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Yeah The Regi trio and Regi master is very bad(In both design and competitive use)
    Which is unlike maga Latios and latias, they are just bad in design

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Regirock, Regice and Registeel, I really like them especially Regice but for battling they're a bit of a disappointment even in-game imo, Regigigas just sucks because of the ability unless you get a skill swap thing going. Articuno and Phione as well, Articuno because of is typing as pretty as that bird is it is kinda well meh, Phione is just a weaker Manaphy enough said.