1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Worst Mega Evolutions in X and Y (including the missed opportunities)

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by sohrob101, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    So we have good Mega Pokémon, the best Mega Pokémon, and the most OP Mega Pokémon. But what are the worst Mega Pokémon, or Pokémon that were a missed opportunity when they mega evolved. What Mega Pokémon needed a Mega yet it didn't really help them as much as it could have. For me I have 3 Choices but I will only list the Pokémon, and not why, I rather have you guys explain your reasoning behind why you felt some Mega Pokémon were just missed opportunities, whether it be the abilities, stats, or design(only include this with the other two). My choices are Abomasnow, Ampharos, and Heracross. What about you? o.O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Mega Medicham is the worst one imo, it's great that a weaker Pokémon like medicham got a mega, but I think it looks hideous.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sohrob101 likes this.
  3. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Mega Abomasnow is pretty useless... Same ability, same weakness to a common type, no one really uses it.

4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Mega Heracross. It just looks really stupid to me... As if he is wearing some kind of weird suit that absolutely doesn't fit him...

5. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    As far as looks go, I think gyrados and manectric look terrible when they mega evolve, but I really don't like that charizard and Mewtwo got two megas, I feel it would have been better to give them one, and have two "slots" for other Pokémon to use for mega evolution

6. Pyramid King

Pyramid King Just checking on things

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    I really dislike Mega Aerodactyl. He looks weird with the goatee and the unibrow thing.

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I really agree with this. I've never used it. Apparently it can be good but I've never found any use for it. It's weakness is one of the most common in the whole game, and the fact it has the same ability is just so bad.

8. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Mega- Abomasnow. It has the pretty much the same things (ability and weaknesses). I don't think it's a good mega just because there wasn't a large improvement.

9. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I actually disliked a lot of Megas from X&Y, including Mega Gyarados, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Scizor, Mega Heracross, Mega Garchomp, Mega Abomasnow... it's easier for me to just list the ones that I did like ;-;

I'm liking a lot of the ones that have been introduced for ORAS though, and some of the X&Y ones did grow on me over time, so that's good at least ^_^

10. mrkrnr

mrkrnr Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    For me mega-Banette is a fail m.evolution. The Prankster ability isn't activated on the turn you mega evolve. Not that fast nor too slow(for trick room team). And It doesn't have that reliable STAB move that benefits well with its boosted attack stat. It's like the best thing you can do is to protect while you mega evolve then try to burn your opponent or wish to be OHKO/fainted as you use destiny bond,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.