1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Would you like to save the game?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    You probably should, y'know. Because you wouldn't want to lose all that progress you've made over the last few hours.

How often do you save your game? Do you prefer doing it manually, or do you prefer to let the game do it for you with autosaves? What is the most amount of progress you've lost before due to forgetting to save?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    For Pokémon, every 5 minutes XD. But I normally do it after every major battle

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I like being able to save manually, so then if I do something dumb I'm not stuck with my decision :sweat: I save after anything that I wouldn't want to lose, or before anything that looks hard, so quite frequently.

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    I save before and after important battles and after particularly hard parts, and after getting valuable Pokémon/items.

5. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I do it a different amount for each challenge I try.
    No save run: The only saves never happen. Even when the game asks for it, I don't save ever, unless it's automatically. It's called a no-save run for a reason. This is mainly for games that can be completed shortly.
    Nuzlocke: Once after every major battle. Otherwise, there's really no point in doing it. I just do it because I don't want to lose all that progress when I leave the game.
    Battle run: After every single battle I do, I save. Whether it be wild or not, I have to save. It gets annoying, but it's okay for shiny-hunting, which I still don't do.
    Rush mode: One save, one chance. Other than that, no more chances at saving in the game. I mainly do this in Pokémon runs, but I have tried in other games.
    Other than that, I currently have no save challenges behind my back.

6. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I save more often than I probably should cause every time I see something even remotely important or dangerous, I quickly save and then continue. After said important part, I quickly save again.
    I started doing this after I accidentally killed Kyogre in my first Sapphire playthrough and I didn't save right before the battle. T_T

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I generally prefer manual save because I know when the game is being saved and I can control it. Usually for Pokémon, after a while I usually think to myself hey now would be a good time to save. In other things, like Subspace Emissary on SSBB or Legend of Zelda virtual console, I save after every level I complete, and after clearing a room in a dungeon to preserve hearts.

8. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I do it just before turning it off most days. Though I also save before trying for a legendary or shiny hunting one.

9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I play Earthbound, and it's after every battle. I can't help it! You never know what's gonna happen!

10. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Usually in Pokémon, I save whenever I'm done playing for that time or whenever I'm going to leave it for a while when I think about doing something else.

On emulators I save a lot more often lol.

11. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Man I used to save so often lol. Nowadays I find myself playing for an hour or two before I save the game (like with Let's Go, I've noticed) since I get so distracted and forget. Before I'd be a lot more wary of lost data so I would save very often (probably every 10-15 minutes), which seems like it has died down a lot. Still, I prefer to hit the save button at least once every 30 minutes to one hour....if I can remember to \o/

12. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Depends on the game. If it’s a really challenging one where a single mistake could result in hours of lost time, I save obsessively. If it’s a game where the penalty for error is pretty small, I often forget to save until I turn it off (like Pokémon.)

13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Depends on the game really, if is a game like Pokémon where you can save pretty much whenever you want I do it more frequent. If is games like some RPGs where you can only save in certain areas I save whenever I reach them, if I'm grinding the level up in those I usually return pretty often to avoid losing a lot of progress.

14. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I honestly just prefer to do it myself, that way the autosaves won't screw me over.